UFC 251: Usman vs. Masvidal (7/11)

it seems that people are confident that burns/usman will go to decision but +150 for under 4.5 rounds seems like the route i'm gonna go.

and I know Ribas is the better fighter but she's at -900?!

Polyana Viana knocked her out so anything can happen. Paige with a her flying switch kick knockout. The one she knocked out Bec with who has a pretty good chin.

Last edited:
She could be pumped up for this fight and has nothing to lose. All the pressure is on Ribas. Based on the odds, she has a 14% of winning.

Polyana Viana knocked her out so anything can happen. Paige with a her flying switch kick knockout. The one she knocked out Bec with who has a pretty good chin.
I remember that lookin more like a slap to the face. PVZ does that kick way too much hoping for that same result, but you can see it comin from a mile away now. I actually hope Paige wins though. Tired of seeing all these girls on social media calling her out because they know she's a big name and think she's an easy fight. Although it's doubtful seeing as it's hard to find a path to victory for Paige.

It's going to crazy hot there, fade bad gas tanks.

From reddit - "I was lucky enough to attend 242. It was miserable just being a fan. Could not imagine being a fighter in that environment."

pic_1591731014_47120.jpg

Last edited:
What are you guys thinking about the Jiri VS Volkan match up? I think Jiri is getting too much too soon

Yan Round 4, 5 or decision +155. Yan's pressure will wilt Aldo and Yan will be the aggressor. I like Aldo's boxing but he can't sustain it 5 hard rounds and I don't think he's got enough pop to keep Yan off him

Leaning Burns. Colby landed some good shots on Usman and Burns has much crisper hands than Colby. Might be enough to get the respect of Usman. Main concern to the contrary is Usman wall and stalling to steal rounds plus size and cardio edge for the later rounds. Woodley didn't make Burns work at all so no take away on his cardio from that

EZDS I quite like at -110. Age, strength of schedule both favour him and I think his grappling advantage is greater than Muslims striking advantage. Maybe wait on sub/round props?

Volk R4, 5 or Decision +100. Odds not quite where I'd want them but if I bet that fight I think that's the most likely result

Like Volkan but historically suspect cardio in the expected heat here. I'd need -130ish or better to bet him, -170 is a bit much for me.

Think yan is getting a little too much love here. He hasn’t fought anyone with the speed power experience or boxing that aldo has. Not to mention Aldo is going to be quite a bit bigger than him.

don’t know that I would play his ml, but I am definitely interested in the ko line at +480

I favor Burns in this fight card on this fight Island. That fight will likely go to a decision if Usman leg issue would be a problem.

Think yan is getting a little too much love here. He hasn’t fought anyone with the speed power experience or boxing that aldo has. Not to mention Aldo is going to be quite a bit bigger than him.

don’t know that I would play his ml, but I am definitely interested in the ko line at +480
Pretty sure Aldo can replicate Riveras success but better.

Jingliang is a much better grappler than Salikhov, who has looked lost as soon as grappling exchanges started in the past

I'm just not seeing how this doesn't look exactly like Zaleski v Curtis Millender

From what I have seen from Salikhov he is obviously not the best wrestler but he held his own vs Garcia in round 1. Got out of a few bad spots on the fence and also was able to get up from side control earlier on. I don't see how Santos takes him down and keeps him there unless Salikhov gassses.

What are you guys thinking about the Jiri VS Volkan match up? I think Jiri is getting too much too soon

I think Volkan takes this fairly easily. While Jiri is definitely skilled:
  1. this will be his UFC debut
  2. i dont know if his conditioning mixed in with jitters will hold up in the heat
  3. Volkan is a tough match up for anybody

Enough people don't talk about that Rivera fight. Jimmie was looking good for like 90% of the first two rounds, but got clipped and dropped at the end of each. Yan looked better against Faber though

I had seen another fight that is on my watch for the fight island. Leonardo Santos vs Bogatov.
Not sure what to make of that fight just yet but i do have an bit of issue whenever i see a older fighter trying to take out a younger fighter. I will be watching some tapes on both of these guys later this week. But what does anyone else think of this fight match?

For anyone who is taking Burns - How do you see him handling the wresling and physicality of Usman?

I can see Usman wrestling way more here than the Colby fight, totally different match up. Burns has good BJJ but it's very unlikely that someone at this level gets subbed from bottom

FWIW Zaleski grappled Kunchenko in burst during their fight, he's just a stupidly hard dude to get to the ground and even harder to keep there

And tbh after watching the Staropoli v Salikhov fight I can see a situation where Zaleski wins on the feet too, Salikhov was way more hittable than I anticipated

But for how long is the question, aldo wasn't throwing a whole lot vs Moraes and he was slowing down already in the 3d round. It's hard to see aldo winning a decision, a KO in the early rounds is in my opinion his only path to victory. The commentary during the aldo moraes fight was ridiculous btw, it was a very close fight and Aldo had some nice flurries in the second round and pressured Moraes but that was about it, it is ahrd to give aldo the 3d round since he only landed about 3 strikes.

Last edited:
Back