UFC 251: Usman vs. Masvidal (7/11)

With ribas ml as high as it is, there is value on her dec line. For all the negatives about Paige she’s a tough chick and can probably avoid being finished for 3 rounds

about a 650 points disparity lol

The previous events in the middle east had air conditioning too but fans/fighters still said it was bloody hot in the arena
I only remember the Khabib/ Porier event, in which the arena had just been built. Also, it's not at that arena. I gotta believe that they've been at this for months now and realize that they can't have a mistake like that again, so the temps should be fine, but who knows.

Anyone think Tybura sleeps Romanov? Dude looks like a can crusher with a questionable gas tank.

You also have to consider that there won't be a crowd which should help with the heat.
This would make a huge difference. I don’t think the heat load will cause the fighters to drastically be exhausted

Anyone think Tybura sleeps Romanov? Dude looks like a can crusher with a questionable gas tank.
I think Romanov is more athletic and has some good take downs. Good leg body kicks too that tybura probably won’t capitalize on. Also I think he has pretty good judo or something and for sure better grappler

I think Tybura gets finished. Romanov is huge, with KO power and no sloth on the ground. Tybura has terrible stand up, and without a sig. grappling advantage over his opponent, I think it's a matter of time before he get's KO'd

They will also be fighting in the early morning in Dubai time. I’m guessing there won’t be much heat at 4:00am Dubai time.
Weather says today it's about 32 C or 89 F at 4am in Dubai. That's kinda hot.

I love Holloway here. I think he got out-gamed last fight but have a hard time believing he will let the same approach beat him twice. He has a more diverse striking arsenal and I think he edges a decision. Yan fucks Aldo in the 2hole. Rose has been preparing like Rocky Balboa for this fight and I think she might finish Andrade tbh. Finally, heart says Burns and brain says Kumaru but I'm all heart baby.

Parlaying twice Max/Rose/Yan to finish with both Kumaru and Burns.

LFG

I think Tybura gets finished. Romanov is huge, with KO power and no sloth on the ground. Tybura has terrible stand up, and without a sig. grappling advantage over his opponent, I think it's a matter of time before he get's KO'd

just watched Romanovs last two fights. He put on some muscle and dropped a ton of fat apparently in 2018. Looks a lot healthier/stronger/more athletic now.
One thing that impressed me was how fast and hard he throws leg kicks. Might be a problem for Tybura. Romanov also has a powerful takedown which I can see he either uses to win a round a drain Tybura and then finishes him with some ground n pound.

I think Tybura has faced better competition but Romanov might be facing Tybura at the right time career wise.

just watched Romanovs last two fights. He put on some muscle and dropped a ton of fat apparently in 2018. Looks a lot healthier/stronger/more athletic now.
One thing that impressed me was how fast and hard he throws leg kicks. Might be a problem for Tybura. Romanov also has a powerful takedown which I can see he either uses to win a round a drain Tybura and then finishes him with some ground n pound.

I think Tybura has faced better competition but Romanov might be facing Tybura at the right time career wise.
Romanov started breathing hard very early in his last fight against Sergio Freitas

He might have lost weight, but his cardio still looks an issue

I kinda think Romanov could be juicin after seein his body transformation. His traps and arms look a lot different, and his cardio (not sure if roids would effect this honestly) looked pretty good for going hard for 3 rounds vs Sultan. I may end up betting Romanov ML, but I think a better bet would be Tybura sub at +1115, I think that'll get under +1000 by fight time (kinda like Mo Greene)

Just to make a comment on the heat in the arena. I live in Abu Dhabi (I'm actually 20 minutes from 'fight island') and the heat is pretty nasty during the summer. I was at the Khabib/Poirier fight and it was hot but I think this fight will be more favorable for the fighters. Reasons why:

• Early morning fight times
  • Air conditioned arena (I presume it will be a much smaller setup so easier to cool)
  • No fans
  • I presume some fighters may come early to acclimatise if allowed which will reduce the effects come fight time

All of these should contribute to the heat having less of an effect on the fighters. So I would take the heat into consideration but not massively.

Romanov is a meme cancrusher, but Tybura is kinda fragile. IMO dog Tybura's the side considering the massive step up for Romanov, but if Romanov just kinda gorilla'd him I wouldn't be too shocked.

Just to make a comment on the heat in the arena. I live in Abu Dhabi (I'm actually 20 minutes from 'fight island') and the heat is pretty nasty during the summer. I was at the Khabib/Poirier fight and it was hot but I think this fight will be more favorable for the fighters. Reasons why:

• Early morning fight times
  • Air conditioned arena (I presume it will be a much smaller setup so easier to cool)
  • No fans
  • I presume some fighters may come early to acclimatise if allowed which will reduce the effects come fight time

All of these should contribute to the heat having less of an effect on the fighters. So I would take the heat into consideration but not massively.

Thanks for this. You gotta think the temperature won't be an issue with an indoor arena

I love Holloway here. I think he got out-gamed last fight but have a hard time believing he will let the same approach beat him twice. He has a more diverse striking arsenal and I think he edges a decision. Yan fucks Aldo in the 2hole. Rose has been preparing like Rocky Balboa for this fight and I think she might finish Andrade tbh. Finally, heart says Burns and brain says Kumaru but I'm all heart baby.

Parlaying twice Max/Rose/Yan to finish with both Kumaru and Burns.

LFG

I’m thinking similar results. I locked this one in at +1398 odds. Yan inside distance, max in round 4,5 or dec and Usman in round 4,5 or dec.

So it already seems there’s a consensus to stay away from Rose with her mental/emotional hitches. But really, really stay away from her this fight.

Apparently she lost two family members due to Covid. :( So when she does step in a cage I have no clue if she’s going to be very off, and taking a fight was just her trying to get some normalcy back and she’s just not in it, or if all that pent up rage at the universe will come out and she’ll be unstoppable. Brett Fabre after his father passed away type game. No clue.

Back