UFC 253 PBP/Discussion

Hindsight is such 20/20 but a striker like Adesanya is not losing to a fighter like Costa ever and he's certainly not losing to Whittaker or Cannonier. The days of anything better than -200 on Adesanya might be over.

Man what a a great win for polish power dude. What a terrible showing by costa. Ok night, a little butthurt the over didn't hit.

Costa deserves to be dumped by dana

Calling that a dud of a main event is so bizarre to me. Izzy just styled on a guy you were pumped to see fight, made him look 2nd rate and thats a dud??

That said, i couldn't care less about the 205 fight or any title fights featuring guys Jones beat. Glover/Thiago v Jan is pretty yawn imo

He retained the belt and won the fight. Also your scorecard (and mine) is about as useful as tits on a bull

Go back and read your initial claim. "Adesanya is not losing to a fighter like Costa ever". (emphasis mine) The fact that Adesanya already lost to a nearly 43 year-old, Costa-esque fighter, biased judging or not, means this isn't true.

Go back and read your initial claim. "Adesanya is not losing to a fighter like Costa ever". (emphasis mine) The fact that Adesanya already lost to a nearly 43 year-old, Costa-esque fighter, biased judging or not, means this isn't true.

But he didn't lose that fight so you're simply wrong.
Feel free to bet against Adesanya though.

Also calling Romero a "Costa-esque" fighter is pretty silly.

But he didn't lose that fight so you're simply wrong.

In what way is relying on biased judging proof that Adesanya can never lose to that style of fighter? Literally all that would have to change for him to have a loss to such a fighter is honest judges.

TrueAscension said:
Feel free to bet against Adesanya though.

I've made a good profit betting on his fights, actually.

TrueAscension said:
Also calling Romero a "Costa-esque" fighter is pretty silly.

Why is that?

In what way is relying on biased judging proof that Adesanya can never lose to that style of fighter? Literally all that would have to change for him to have a loss to such a fighter is honest judges.

I've made a good profit betting on his fights, actually.

Why is that?

no particular reason to continue this as we obviously disagree

no particular reason to continue this as we obviously disagree

That's fine, but there is a point to be made here. Adesanya is obviously a great fighter possessing superlative skill, but he doesn't have a bullet-proof edge against stockier, big punchers.

In general, gamblers tend to overrate great fighters and have blind spots for them. Every fighter, no matter how great or skilled, has flaws and ways to exploit that and make them look ordinary. Granted, when the judges give them decision wins anyways (Santos-Jones, Reyes-Jones, and Romero-Adesanya), this mindset isn't punished as hard as it should.

That's fine, but there is a point to be made here. Adesanya is obviously a great fighter possessing superlative skill, but he doesn't have a bullet-proof edge against stockier, big punchers.

In general, gamblers tend to overrate great fighters and have blind spots for them. Every fighter, no matter how great or skilled, has flaws and ways to exploit that and make them look ordinary. Granted, when the judges give them decision wins anyways (Santos-Jones, Reyes-Jones, and Romero-Adesanya), this mindset isn't punished as hard as it should.

I agree with you on both Jones fights but Adesanya outstruck Romero in Rounds 2-4 and Romero outstruck Adesanya in R1 and R5. Blind spot or not, I still don't think we see Adesanya at better than -200 anytime soon. Glad to know we have both made some money betting Izzy

I agree with you on both Jones fights but Adesanya outstruck Romero in Rounds 2-4 and Romero outstruck Adesanya in R1 and R5. Blind spot or not, I still don't think we see Adesanya at better than -200 anytime soon. Glad to know we have both made some money betting Izzy

In the interests of full disclosure, I made a decent sum of money slamming Izzy at -400 or -450 against Anderson Silva, made more money on Gastelum-Adesanya GTD at something like -150 (thanks to @mkess101 for the heads-up there, although it was a sweat at the end), then lost like 0.5u betting on Whittaker at +110 for fun.

Don't regret passing on his lines versus both Romero and now Costa.

In the interests of full disclosure, I made a decent sum of money slamming Izzy at -400 or -450 against Anderson Silva, made more money on Gastelum-Adesanya GTD at something like -150 (thanks to @mkess101 for the heads-up there, although it was a sweat at the end), then lost like 0.5u betting on Whittaker at +110 for fun.

Don't regret passing on his lines versus both Romero and now Costa.

haha I bet that GTD bet was a sweat a few times

The first night ruined my chances on DK oh well. I should have faded that one. I had Izzy. For the underdog play it was a tough one.

Still did okish. Mostly...

Back