UFC 254 - Khabib vs. Gaethje - Official thread

2020Tracked

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Discuss.

Going a little under the radar for me, half decent card but no Tony fight, no Chandler, no Islam...

So, Cannonier kills Whittaker, right?

I think Cannonier gets it done too. He’s going to clip Rob and finish the fight early unless Rob point-fights his way to the W. I think Whittaker needs to train with another gym, his style is predictable and his skills seem to have stopped progressing. I think he’s still elite, he just needs to evolve.

Got a triple going of 300$ (all the money I had in a Bet DSI account for funsies) on Khabib -250/Ankalaev -280/Kenney -200.

That is all.

tenor.gif

I'm liking Nathaniel Wood a lot a the juicy price of 2.60. He shouldn't be that much of a dog against Casey Kenney. I'd even favor Wood tbh. He seems to have the more slicker and varied striking and uses his jab better. Furthermore, the grappling department is pretty even.

I'm liking Nathaniel Wood a lot a the juicy price of 2.60. He shouldn't be that much of a dog against Casey Kenney. I'd even favor Wood tbh. He seems to have the more slicker and varied striking and uses his jab better. Furthermore, the grappling department is pretty even.

Who is the best wrestler/grappler NATHANIEL WOOD has faced so far in the UFC?

Discuss.

Going a little under the radar for me, half decent card but no Tony fight, no Chandler, no Islam...

So, Cannonier kills Whittaker, right?

I love this train of thought. Only because I plan on steaming Whittaker. Cannonier is a step down in competition I feel like for Whittaker. Haven't taped it yet, but I think Whittaker gets a bad rep for his knockout loss to Adesanya and the whole depression conversation. Add in his two wars against Romero and an underwhelming performance against Till, and I see why people would want to fade him here. People should excuse the Till fight, Till isn't easy to look good against. But Whittaker is younger and in my eyes the better overall fighter. I love Whittaker here.

Can anyone confirm if Tai has gone to AKA like iv heard? All I see on instagram is from Sydney and then the flight to Fight Island

I want to know how much of Cannonier's time out was rehab and how much was getting in solid training and improving.
I like Cannonier's pressure, he will have zero concern trading shots in close with Whittaker I don't think.

Whittaker more war torn over all, KO'ed a few times, Yoel fights, knocked out twice in one fight by Izzy and then beats Darren the bum Till and suddenly he's back?

I would have LOVED Cannonier at dog money or evens. Still some value straight but I'm sure his KO line will hold some value too

Can anyone confirm if Tai has gone to AKA like iv heard? All I see on instagram is from Sydney and then the flight to Fight Island
He has been but due to covid he probably hasnt since it started

I got under 4.5 at -154 for the main event. I think theres value on khabib ml too not tryna lay out the -300 or whatever he is tho lol

Whittaker at evens is mind blowing to me. Nothing in the Till fight showed that he is done or declining. He actually looked very sharp and quick. He took a hellbow and recovered. So many people seem convinced that Cannonier is going to wreck him (even Izzy) and I just don't see it.

Branch, at that stage of his career, was a bum. Same for Anderson. Hermansson is a lanky grappler.

None of these are even close to Whittaker's level.

Whittaker at evens is mind blowing to me. Nothing in the Till fight showed that he is done or declining. He actually looked very sharp and quick. He took a hellbow and recovered. So many people seem convinced that Cannonier is going to wreck him (even Izzy) and I just don't see it.

Branch, at that stage of his career, was a bum. Same for Anderson. Hermansson is a lanky grappler.

None of these are even close to Whittaker's level.

Disagree. I think Whittaker looked slow and sloppy against Till.

Who is the best wrestler/grappler NATHANIEL WOOD has faced so far in the UFC?
Probably John Dodson, although he is not really an offensive grappler. I have based my grappling statement primarily on the equal level of fighters they both dominated with their grappling and the technique they showed.

Back