UFC 254 - Khabib vs. Gaethje - Official thread

I initially wanted to bet Whittaker, but Cannonier looks so damn intense, I don't want to bet against such a scary dude.
Will skip that one

Pulled the trigger on Whittaker. £100 @ evens.

It's one of them where I'd kick myself for days if I didn't and he wins.

We'll see.

Why would you kick yourself. It is a very close fight as the odds indicate. Nothing wrong with making a play based on your read or your gut but I don't think anyone should be kicking themselves over this one.

I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC was actively complicit in helping some people make weight when it is close. Ironically, the UFC is actually in a position to change this draconian practice. I can't believe we are still making athletes cut large amounts of weight in 2020 it is primitive.

Ya its pathetic. We need a 165 lb division.

I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC was actively complicit in helping some people make weight when it is close. Ironically, the UFC is actually in a position to change this draconian practice. I can't believe we are still making athletes cut large amounts of weight in 2020 it is primitive.
Saying that the UFC or any MMA organization makes their fighters cut large amounts of weight wouldn't hold up in court.

You already know fighting is a choice, and everything that comes with it.

Khabib could’ve been 190 and that scale wouldve read 155

non of these guys want to fight at their natural weight because cutting weight is an art and it can give you an edge

Last edited:
Khabib could’ve been 190 and that scale wouldve read 155

non of these guys want to fight at their natural weight because cutting weight is an art and it can give you an edge

What I envision is a program where people have to weigh in 24 times per year or twice per month. It could even be wrapped together with USADA testing. So you give your pee sample and also they take your weight. There would be literally no negative impact on the sport. Everyone would just move up 1 weight class and fight closer to their natural walking around weight.

Might take a stab at Cutelaba rd1 +650.

I'm basically so deep on Shavkat if he loses I'm fucked, if he wins, I'll throw half that ~22u profit on Justin because I'm a fucking degenerate.

I already have 4u on Justin @ +265 -- we'll see how the line changes tomorrow.

Gaethje rds 4/5(+2500 and +2900) may have some value. Everyone thinks Khabib will grind him out and finish him late, but Justin could slowly break Khabib with kicks/body shots over the course of the fight, and finish him late or win a decision. O2.5 is probably the play.

Alexander Volkov's weigh-in history:

• 265 vs. Harris (TBD in October 2020)*
• 247 vs. Blaydes (loss in June 2020)
• 251 vs. Greg Hardy (win in November 2019)
• 251 vs. Lewis (loss in October 2018)
• 246 vs. Werdum (win in March 2018)
• 251 vs. Struve (win in September 2017)
• 245 vs. Roy Nelson (win in April 2017)
• 249 vs. Tim Johnson (win in November 2016)

* Side note: Alexander Volkov will be celebrating his birthday on the day he fights Walt Harris.

----------

Walt Harris' weigh-in history:

• 254 vs. Volkov (TBD in October 2020)*
• 264.5 vs. Overeem (loss in May 2020)
• 256 vs. Oleinik (win in July 2019)
• 258 vs. Spivak (win in May 2019)
• 258.5 vs. Arlovski (No Contest in December 2018)
• 253 vs. Spitz (win in June 2018)
• 251.8 vs. Godbeer (DQ loss in November 2017)
• 251 vs. Werdum (loss in October 2017)
• 249 vs. Asker (win in June 2017)
• 254 vs. Sherman (win in January 2017)
• 254 vs. Abdurakhimov (loss in October 2016)
• 255.5 vs. East (win in April 2016)
• 250.5 vs. Palelei (loss in November 2014)
• 241 vs. Krylov (loss in January 2014)
• 244 vs. Rosholt (loss in November 2013)

* Side note: Walt Harris was heavy in this last fight, which was his first fight back after the murder of his stepdaughter.

Do you know if 365 are available over the phone at like 4:30 AM?

Are the people you talk to Aussies or from overseas?

This card, all the fights are going to be happening overnight, and I'm skeptical whether BF will be able to actually have anyone manning the phones at those hours.

Hey mate,

I’ve actually been in the Ozzy Betfair offices. It’s a very small set up so I wouldn’t rely on them in the early hours....

Im confident Bet365 will be. I’m on the AFL finals later so will ask when I call and let you know

Last edited:
my final thoughts on khabib/gaethje:

• I think Khabib will try to employ the same tactic as GSP did vs BJ -- wear out his arms in the first 2 rounds so he loses some punching power in the later rounds
  • 1st round will have a feeling out period with justin throwing half power punches and khabib sticking out his jab periodically. Justin will throw a few leg kicks and Khabib will shoot around halfway through. What happens when he shoots will dictate how the fight will play out. If Khabib gets him down and controls him for 2+ minutes, that's not good news for Justin
  • Rinse and repeat for the 2nd round
  • 3rd round we'll see who instills their will on the fight. I think this is the critical round of the fight, where either Justin will have stopped the takedowns and accumulated some damage on the feet and he'll start to up the intensity OR khabib will have 6+ minutes of top control and lots of nasty ground pound
My head is saying Khabib by RNC either late 3rd or 4th. My small prop bets are saying Gaethje by KO either 4th or 5th.

Jojua sub is still at +1000

a good hedge to anyone playing maverick, I think it’s jojuas only ptv

also like maverick tko, opened at +800, still some value at +500. Seeing what moras was able to do to jojua, Miranda could easily find herself in mount beating jojua up for multiple rounds.

Getting her at -140 was an absolute steal

wood +3.5 -165 is also a really nice line. Think the odds on the ml should be tighter. Think this fight will be close and I don’t see kenney winning all 3 rounds

@PuertoRican

What are your general thoughts on tourney lineups for DK on this one? Seems like a tough card to put any lineups that I'm very confident in. Gotta hit 2 big dogs to win their fights probably and then pick the right other 4 faves that score big. I have some lineups in but none I love.

What is this "Khabib missed weight" all about?
Is is true or just some typical Internet bullshit?
Has someone looked into it? <EdgyBrah>

Back