UFC 254 - Khabib vs. Gaethje - Official thread

Alexander Volkov's weigh-in history:

• 265 vs. Harris (TBD in October 2020)*
• 247 vs. Blaydes (loss in June 2020)
• 251 vs. Greg Hardy (win in November 2019)
• 251 vs. Lewis (loss in October 2018)
• 246 vs. Werdum (win in March 2018)
• 251 vs. Struve (win in September 2017)
• 245 vs. Roy Nelson (win in April 2017)
• 249 vs. Tim Johnson (win in November 2016)

* Side note: Alexander Volkov will be celebrating his birthday on the day he fights Walt Harris.

----------

Walt Harris' weigh-in history:

• 254 vs. Volkov (TBD in October 2020)*
• 264.5 vs. Overeem (loss in May 2020)
• 256 vs. Oleinik (win in July 2019)
• 258 vs. Spivak (win in May 2019)
• 258.5 vs. Arlovski (No Contest in December 2018)
• 253 vs. Spitz (win in June 2018)
• 251.8 vs. Godbeer (DQ loss in November 2017)
• 251 vs. Werdum (loss in October 2017)
• 249 vs. Asker (win in June 2017)
• 254 vs. Sherman (win in January 2017)
• 254 vs. Abdurakhimov (loss in October 2016)
• 255.5 vs. East (win in April 2016)
• 250.5 vs. Palelei (loss in November 2014)
• 241 vs. Krylov (loss in January 2014)
• 244 vs. Rosholt (loss in November 2013)

* Side note: Walt Harris was heavy in this last fight, which was his first fight back after the murder of his stepdaughter.
You think Volkov is in shape ? He is for sure heavier than in last fights

Another prediction i have.

The main event with khabib and gaethje could end up in a draw.

What you guys think of Maverick against Jojua?

I feel like Maverick is better and should win, but what concerns me is that she's a FLW and Jojua is a big girl who fought at BW. Jojua isn't great in most areas, but she knows how to lock up and finish an arm bar. She's got 5 arm bar victories.

So, yeah. Long legs and size is a worry for me.

Maverick fought Pearl as well. Pearl isn't great herself and was able to get Maverick down and hold her for most of a round in the 2nd. That doesn't give me confidence that she'll be able to outgrapple a bigger girl in Jojua with ease.

Thoughts fellas?

i don't think we'd be seeing pick 'em odds if shavkat rakhmanov was named john williams. i think the kazakh fighter is going to get stuck at distance and picked apart. i like the way cowboy has been fighting more methodically lately.
Hey bruh
I follow you on Twitter now, you still standing firm on Kenney?

What you guys think of Maverick against Jojua?

I feel like Maverick is better and should win, but what concerns me is that she's a FLW and Jojua is a big girl who fought at BW. Jojua isn't great in most areas, but she knows how to lock up and finish an arm bar. She's got 5 arm bar victories.

So, yeah. Long legs and size is a worry for me.

Maverick fought Pearl as well. Pearl isn't great herself and was able to get Maverick down and hold her for most of a round in the 2nd. That doesn't give me confidence that she'll be able to outgrapple a bigger girl in Jojua with ease.

Thoughts fellas?

My thoughts are
Bet the over 2.5 and have a smoke.
Fuck betting WMMA and also she has some banging tits, have you seen them?
That should be the only discussion on this fight

My thoughts are
Bet the over 2.5 and have a smoke.
Fuck betting WMMA and also she has some banging tits, have you seen them?
That should be the only discussion on this fight

I always bet on WMMA. It's my biggest earner by a huge margin lol.

And yeh, those tits are massive. It's a wonder she can stand up with those things around her neck.

Over 2.5 isn't a bad idea, but I feel like if Jojua pulls the upset, it'll be early with a sub.

I’m genuinely genuinely shook by how many people are picking Justin.

maybe I’ve missed something but I see absolutely no reason to think he will survive that smothering style of Khabibs.

Ironically I hope he does because he’s probably my favourite active fighter, but..
No dude.. I don’t think he’s the guy

@PuertoRican

What are your general thoughts on tourney lineups for DK on this one? Seems like a tough card to put any lineups that I'm very confident in. Gotta hit 2 big dogs to win their fights probably and then pick the right other 4 faves that score big. I have some lineups in but none I love.
I haven't spent a lot of time on this card with DK. I am in Vegas right now and it's 3am, and I am trying to put some teams together (I made 5 big entry events before I left California).

I made several combos earlier in the week, but I basically need to make and finalize 5-7 teams right now before I go to bed. The first fight starts in less than 5 hours. I'll probably get 2-3 hours of sleep, but that's what I expected would happen.

DK fades for me that you might like: Cannonier/Whittaker, Struve/Tuivasa, and I'm still not sold on Alvarez/Yakovlev. I think these fights have a good chance of going to a decision, especially Cannonier/Whittaker.

You think Volkov is in shape ? He is for sure heavier than in last fights
I didn't say Volkov is in shape, and I don't know if he's in shape.

I only posted the weights for both guys in their UFC careers, as Volkov weighed his heaviest ever, and Harris weighed 10 pounds less than last time and looked good on the scale.

Weight cut aside, Harris should lose this fight if he can't get a KO within 3 minutes. I wouldn't be surprised to see more money come in on Harris and he ends up losing, and then people feel robbed because he looked in great shape but still fought like a scrub.

So do the early prelims really start at 11? I checked yesterday and it said 10:30 and had 3 fights. Today it has 2 fights and shows a 6 fight main card which would be unusual. I don't really trust the UFC site as they seem to fuck up quite a bit.

Why would you kick yourself. It is a very close fight as the odds indicate. Nothing wrong with making a play based on your read or your gut but I don't think anyone should be kicking themselves over this one.

Because I really believe Whittaker is the better fighter in every area except power. So if I listened to the people saying Cannonier is going to smoke him and didn't bet, yea I'd be quite pissed off if Whittaker won lol.

I could be completely wrong, but as I said, we'll see.

So do the early prelims really start at 11? I checked yesterday and it said 10:30 and had 3 fights. Today it has 2 fights and shows a 6 fight main card which would be unusual. I don't really trust the UFC site as they seem to fuck up quite a bit.
Mmajunkie said 10:15 then 10:30 now 11

Hey bruh
I follow you on Twitter now, you still standing firm on Kenney?

i slightly lean with kenney but i think it's a competitive fight. i took a stab on wood by decision at +300.

I haven't spent a lot of time on this card with DK. I am in Vegas right now and it's 3am, and I am trying to put some teams together (I made 5 big entry events before I left California).

I made several combos earlier in the week, but I basically need to make and finalize 5-7 teams right now before I go to bed. The first fight starts in less than 5 hours. I'll probably get 2-3 hours of sleep, but that's what I expected would happen.

DK fades for me that you might like: Cannonier/Whittaker, Struve/Tuivasa, and I'm still not sold on Alvarez/Yakovlev. I think these fights have a good chance of going to a decision, especially Cannonier/Whittaker.

The only issue for GPP is that of you fade all 3 of those fights you really have to have some heavier dogs you like given the pricing. Tai/Struve and Cannon/Whit have the closest pricing (reflecting odds obviously).

Whit is a DK fade for me for sure. If he wins yeah Dec is more likely.

Back