UFC 254 PBP Discussion

Solid performance by Khabib, but a very disappointing one by Gaethje. Justin seemed way too nervous/excited for this fight. He was already gassing early, and reacting way to wildly to Khabibs strikes. Also its become apparent that his BJJ is very bad, something he should improve if he hopes to win a title.

Ah shit, would have been cool to have him cap off a 30-0 in a last fight with Ferguson, what a shame.

Justin said it himself, all he had to do was walkout and his mom could retire. I think he's just glad he got to skip the mauling.

I have never been happier to lose 4000. I saw Khabib fight Iaquinta in person (bought the tickets when it was still Ferguson)

I feel like I watched Mickey Mantle play baseball.

What a fighter. What a human.

We should all strive to be that kind of person.

interesting decision to go for blood chokes instead of ground and pound. I didn't think he'd try an armbar in round 1 or even give up full mount to get a triangle but it paid off!

great performance by LW GOAT

interesting decision to go for blood chokes instead of ground and pound. I didn't think he'd try an armbar in round 1 or even give up full mount to get a triangle but it paid off!

great performance by LW GOAT
Its also a ballsy move to go for a triangle when full mount. Don't see it that often.

I have never been happier to lose 4000. I saw Khabib fight Iaquinta in person (bought the tickets when it was still Ferguson)

I feel like I watched Mickey Mantle play baseball.

What a fighter. What a human.

We should all strive to be that kind of person.

Same. I took a decent loss on that, but it's all in the game.

Phenomenal performance, retired on top.

I'd love to see him come back for a GSP fight.

Well, what i night. Glad i didn't lose in the end. Tough card.

I feel let down because bib didn't go for the 30 but i understand. He was way too nervous and didn't quite show his superior '' iq'', but we now understand why. First rd was way too chaotic, khabib was unexpectedly desperate and justin way too defensive, didn' t know what to do. Khabib did show his great conditioning tho, he got the finish in impressive fashion against a fading justin.

All in all, fun fight and great finish by bib and, while i didn't like his showing, i understand the pressure he had on his shoulders. That's why so few get to the top and manage to stay there. I think he's one of the goats but he didn't really defend his belt that much (his fights were some of the biggest in mma history tho, so that's a plus). Probably top 6.

His dad was the main reason he fought, so now that he passed away, it only makes sense for him to retire. Thank you khabib!

Last edited:
What's funny is that Conor's worst matchup right now in the LW top 10 with Khabib gone is Chandler.

They're making Chandler/Ferguson, and I think Ferguson drowns him later on in the fight.

So that axes Chandler, Conor beats Dustin, and then probably fights Tony for the vacant belt, which is a very winnable fight for Conor.

Back