UFC 257: McGregor vs. Poirier 2

Ballsaque

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
2016.png

Odds have been out a while now, let's get some discussion going.

Honestly I'm shocked McGregor isn't -350 or more. Dustin took heavy damage against Hooker. I think Conor just sleeps his ass within 3.

I like Muniz as a dog, dont think sanchez is anything special.

I like Muniz as a dog, dont think sanchez is anything special.

interested to hear your angle. i personally think it's a pretty rough match-up for muniz.

sanchez has the takedown defense to keep the fight upright and it looks like his boxing is improving from fight to fight. i definitely favor him on the feet.

interested to hear your angle. i personally think it's a pretty rough match-up for muniz.

sanchez has the takedown defense to keep the fight upright and it looks like his boxing is improving from fight to fight. i definitely favor him on the feet.
Maybe a small advantage standing for sanchez, ground advantage for muniz and wrestling for sanchez.
Pretty close fight imo so I like the value on Muniz.
He could even land a td of his own or even score from the bottom.
Either way I see it as a close fight.

What a turd card

I'm still optimistic Gaethje vs Chandler will be added, Dana said recently it makes sense to have top LWs ready to step in as a backup in case covid destroys the main event.

Thinking about dropping 5k on Conor + Holloway parlay

I like the current dog odds on ACJ, Rodriguez, Dawodu and Haqparast

Thinking about dropping 5k on Conor + Holloway parlay
Kattar has a longer reach than Holloway and good boxing. Could look closer to Poirier vs Holloway than his fight with Ortega.

Conor gets underrated for his loss against Khabib. His stand up is far better than Dustin's for at least the first half of the fight while his cardio holds up. Dustin could survive but the odds are about right for this one

I like Shame Burgos and Conor.
If Conor is back in the gameplan i think he can put away Poirier early to sleep with one KO.
The overall fight card is okish.

This Umar is really good? Or the odds are so low on him because he is a nurmagomedov ???

I genuinely think Dustin's being underrated here. I think he finds a finish if Conor doesn't put him away early. Dustin's survived (and often times ultimately won) long fights against some of the best strikers in the division. I think it's clear Conor's overall the better striker, but Dustin's grittier while being just technical enough that he should find a target eventually. He hits harder than most of Conor's prior comp and I don't quite think Conor has an iron chin. Super possible Conor finds an early finish, but seems equally possible Dustin hangs in there and deep water feels like trouble for Conor in this matchup.

I genuinely think Dustin's being underrated here. I think he finds a finish if Conor doesn't put him away early. Dustin's survived (and often times ultimately won) long fights against some of the best strikers in the division. I think it's clear Conor's overall the better striker, but Dustin's grittier while being just technical enough that he should find a target eventually. He hits harder than most of Conor's prior comp and I don't quite think Conor has an iron chin. Super possible Conor finds an early finish, but seems equally possible Dustin hangs in there and deep water feels like trouble for Conor in this matchup.

If Dustin wrestles from the beginning his superior gas tank should give him the win over 5 rounds.

I think that conor is most dangerous in the first 7.5 mins., after that he is very beatable.

If Poirier is smart he will try to ground Conor early, it doesnt matter if he drops the round, as long as he tires Conor out.

Wouldnt be surprised with Poirier by sub in r4, if he survives the first round.

Back