UFC 258 PBP/Discussion

Finally, a predictable outcome to chill the card.. Belal had me worried

Last edited:
I like and respect Kelleher but I really couldn't understand why so many people were liking him against Simon. He is a tough guy but I didn't think he could handle the wrestling. Glad I went with my gut and took the decision prop.

Ricky Simon looked like he was going to be new and improved after R1 was over, but then he returned to being boring af in Rounds 2 and 3 and neutralized Kelleher without doing much damage.

We know how to bet Simon, but he'll never be in the Top 5 because he never improves.

does the worst version of kelvin even lose to the best version of heinisch?

I like and respect Kelleher but I really couldn't understand why so many people were liking him against Simon. He is a tough guy but I didn't think he could handle the wrestling. Glad I went with my gut and took the decision prop.

You knew a lot of people who liked Kelleher to win? He was a massive underdog, surprised to hear that.

Heinisch and over 2.5 on a couple of stupid parlays. Hedged with kelvin by ko

Kelvin is 29...that is almost unreal. I totally forgot he was on TUF at such a young age. Crazy.

Time for Gastelum to redeem, Heinisch is a firecracker

You knew a lot of people who liked Kelleher to win? He was a massive underdog, surprised to hear that.
Maybe I misspoke a little bit. It seemed like many people were critical of the line being so wide. I heard many people so "oh Kelleher can crack and has a great guillotine. Simon got KOed by old man Faber" It seemed like Simon was the rightful favorite but not many were confident in playing him. I more so didn't understand the trepidation on betting Simon. Seemed like an easy Decision victory to me ( prior to watching the fight I mean). So not necessarily liking him to win, but seeing him as more of a threat to Simon than he was.

heinisch chasing low percentage attacks and giving up position... not a good look.

Maybe I misspoke a little bit. It seemed like many people were critical of the line being so wide. I heard many people so "oh Kelleher can crack and has a great guillotine. Simon got KOed by old man Faber" It seemed like Simon was the rightful favorite but not many were confident in playing him. I more so didn't understand the trepidation on betting Simon. Seemed like an easy Decision victory to me ( prior to watching the fight I mean). So not necessarily liking him to win, but seeing him as more of a threat to Simon than he was.

Ahh gotcha. Well, to be fair -400ish is a REALLY wide line. Kelleher was a threat. Landed a couple nice head kicks, etc. But yeah Simon I would say did live up to the line, pretty dominant win.

Back