UFC 259: Blachowicz vs Adesanya

that's fine

but I think megan makes it to 230 in the second round

that's all I need

she might run the whole time or they might actually strike who knows

I don't recall the last time nunes actually went for takedowns, from my memory she just walks forward and tries to land right hands, which might be harder to land on such a tall opponent who isn't a complete pushover physically

all I need is the fight to last 7 minutes 30 seconds

I think that you dont even knows who Nuñez is

that's fine

that's all I need

I don't recall the last time nunes actually went for takedowns, from my memory she just walks forward and tries to land right hands, which might be harder to land on such a tall opponent who isn't a complete pushover physically

You don't remember the last time Nunes went for takedowns?? She hit 6 of them in her last fight vs Spencer, and 8 in the fight before that vs GDR. LMAO she's been a takedown machine lately.

Maybe Anderson makes it to 7:30, definitely possible. But some of the stuff you're saying is bizarre. Have you ever watched Nunes fight? Yeah she'll strike but if she thinks she has a big advantage on the mat of course she'll take it there.

Joe B is the best dog on the card. I Put my life savings on him.
:meow:

i got dober in round 1 +1100, how else can dober win if he does?
I’d have said more round 3 by Ko, desperation mode having lost the first two and MAYBE Islam gets a little sloppy on a TD attempt

I think that you dont even knows who Nuñez is
You don't remember the last time Nunes went for takedowns?? She hit 6 of them in her last fight vs Spencer, and 8 in the fight before that vs GDR. LMAO she's been a takedown machine lately.

Maybe Anderson makes it to 7:30, definitely possible. But some of the stuff you're saying is bizarre. Have you ever watched Nunes fight? Yeah she'll strike but if she thinks she has a big advantage on the mat of course she'll take it there.
yea I watched the spencer fight

I remember spencer running and nunes just walking her down it went all 5 rounds

it's been a while

Here are some thoughts for tonight:

Izzy/Jan

Another bull vs matador fight for Izzy, but Jan has way higher fight IQ and is far more well rounded than Costa. And he's patient. He can't obviously get in a distance striking match with Izzy or he will get clowned, he needs to clinch up and make it ugly. I think Jan is a live dog because of multiple paths to victory but still a pass at current odds. I think I like the o2.5 a bit at -150ish because neither guy will rush things and try to force something that's not there. I really hope not, but if Jan isn't willing to force his way inside, there's a chance it could be a boring staring contests like Izzy vs Yoel. And of course there's always the chance Izzy gives us a highlight reel KO a la prime Anderson Silva.

Nunes/Anderson

Such a massive grappling edge, I'll go with Nunes rd 2. I'll say sub, but gnp equally as likely. Megan's only chance is to land something huge early on imo.

Yan/Sterling

Aljo is criminally underrated in a general sense, only getting caught by that Moraes head kick has him not champ already . Yan is an ultra aggressive wrecking machine. Great fight. I think it will wholly depend on how much Aljo can get his grappling going. He doesn't need to find a sub necessarily, but he has to give Yan multiple things to think about. And the longer he can hold him down, the more he can manage his own energy while making Yan use his defending. I lean Sterling, but would not be surprised at all if Yan wins. Both guys are for real.

Dober/Machachaev

Dober has a massive amount of confidence right now, but I have doubts about whether he can keep the fight standing. If he can, he's dangerous as hell and can end Islam's night at any time. If not, he's going to be in survival mode the second it hits the mat. Dober isn't equipped to deal with Machachaev's skill level on the mat. I think Islam finds a sub and would play that at +3xx for sure.

Rakic/Santos

Santos rd 1 +450ish seems okay. Rakic probably gets his grappling going and smothers Santos, but if Santos is to win it's likely by hurting Rakic early on. Rakic dec +250 is alright too, Santos has proven he's no quitter. He won't look for a way out and will gut it out even if he's losing.

Kenney/Dom Cruz

I have to lean Kenney ML -135. Just way too hard to trust how much Cruz has left at this point. His style was befuddling to opponents when he was in his prime, but those days are long gone. Kenney is well rounded and at this point likely faster. Probably decision but wouldn't even be shocked if he find's Dom's chin and puts him away.

Askarov/Joe B

I don't know what to think. Joe at dog odds I guess looks okay, hard to know exactly what he has left. Do we really write him off because of 2 losses to Fig? But...he's also at that age where guy in the smaller weight classes can drop off a ton.

Phillips/Yadong

Can't remember Phillips so won't comment. I will say that while Yadong is very solid, he hasn't looked special to me. Good fighter...but great? Meh.

KKF/Bontorin

Don't remember Bontorin, no comment

Espinosa/Elliot

Well...Elliot likely looks good early but will his gas tank hold up when he's trying to push an insane pace? I'd probably Elliot ML and toss a tiny hedge on Espinosa rd 3 at +1600ish.

Ulberg/Nzechukwu

I don't know anything about Ulberg other than that he's a kickboxer with little MMA experience. Nzechukwu is not very good imo. Very flawed defensively, seems to lack killer instinct, just kind of a tall guy who's...there. If Ulberg is ANY sort of kickboxer he should finish here, but octagon debut would make me at least a little nervous.

Matthews/Brady

I think Brady wins, but wouldn't pay -200 or more on him here. Matthews has been in there against much better competition than Brady has. Brady has looked great, but Matthews is game. Hard pass for betting.

A Cruz/Medic

I only remember Cruz getting KO's by that Alpha Ginger guy, Spike. Haven't seen Medic. Can't comment.

Lemos/Souza

WMMA...dog or pass on this one.

Bautista/Jones

I lean Bautista, but the bet I like I think is u2.5 at +155ish. Both guys very good finishing ability, good chance there's some fireworks.

Last edited:
yea I watched the spencer fight

I remember spencer running and nunes just walking her down it went all 5 rounds

it's been a while

Nunes took her down 6 times and controlled her easily on the mat. And Spencer is a much better grappler than Anderson. Just something to think about.

that's fine

that's all I need

Do you watch much mma?

HAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAA
Laugh all you want.Khabib has better pace,strength and chin,but from a tehnical point all-around Makachev is a better fighter.Just wait and see.

Laugh all you want.Khabib has better pace,strength and chin,but from a tehnical point all-around Makachev is a better fighter.Just wait and see.

You are absolutely out of your fucking mind.

I mean if she couldn't get derandamie out of there on the ground I don't think she'll do it before the third round

market agrees with me because we're at -135 over 1.5

but of course we'll see

I mean if she couldn't get derandamie out of there on the ground I don't think she'll do it before the third round

market agrees with me because we're at -135 over 1.5

but of course we'll see

I don't hate the play but don't think there's much value either. I think Nunes ends it in rd 2, possibly rd 3. You could definitely hit it, but Nunes could just overwhelm Megan too.

I don't hate the play but don't think there's much value either. I think Nunes ends it in rd 2, possibly rd 3. You could definitely hit it, but Nunes could just overwhelm Megan too.
I think megan is stronger than derandamie and has a greater standup prescense than spencer

so best case scenario she gives amanda something to think about on the feet and they just sprawl on the fence all first round

Everyone seems to be high on the favorite Nunes i remember a last time when they were high on a favorite i respect the skills of Nunes but nothing in MMA has a happy ending though

Here are some thoughts for tonight:
Rakic/Santos

Santos rd 1 +450ish seems okay. Rakic probably gets his grappling going and smothers Santos, but if Santos is to win it's likely by hurting Rakic early on. Rakic dec +250 is alright too, Santos has proven he's no quitter. He won't look for a way out and will gut it out even if he's losing.

I agree Santos can put Rakic to sleep with one punch, but Santos tapped immediately when Glover was sinking in that rear naked choke. There was no way Santos was getting out of it, but he was just waiting for Glover to squeeze to begin tapping so Santos does not appear willing to go to the depths you describe.

He also talked pretty candidly in his pre-fight interviews about needing a very big performance to get another title shot, thats all he seems to care about at this point, and if Rakic finishes him there is a good chance he takes off his gloves in the cage. So if he experiences some adversity early on it would not be surprising if he accepts defeat; he is 37 years old.

I agree Santos can put Rakic to sleep with one punch, but Santos tapped immediately when Glover was sinking in that rear naked choke. There was no way Santos was getting out of it, but he was just waiting for Glover to squeeze to begin tapping so Santos does not appear willing to go to the depths you describe.

He also talked pretty candidly in his pre-fight interviews about needing a very big performance to get another title shot, thats all he seems to care about at this point, and if Rakic finishes him there is a good chance he takes off his gloves in the cage. So if he experiences some adversity early on it would not be surprising if he accepts defeat; he is 37 years old.

Yeah I should have added that it's as long as Santos doesn't gas. He blew his wad trying to finish Glover early and was done when he couldn't.

But he showed vs Jones even with a blown out knee that he has guts and heart. Cardio...maybe not so much in a higher paced fight.

This card looks so fucking good, last week was so terrible, I expect a lot from this one, meaning that maybe gonna be bad too.

Back