UFC 259: Blachowicz vs Adesanya

Bless the heavens the one man wrecking machine about to blow the joint. Took a couple UFC betting events off to regather myself, dust myself off, find extrapolations as to why I didn't hit at my deadly accurate clip and it's all good. The same bozo's who have always been pestering yours truly were mass DM'ing calling me every name in the book. Wasn't fazed one iota though because I've got the heart of a lion. These are lost souls who get off by attacking me and it's been constant harassment because they're triggered. It's all gravy though I just keep it movin' like a dial on a movado watch worn by a movie star!

Barry's 2021 UFC Betting Record: 0-1
1Unit to win 1.3U Antonio Carlos Jr. - Loss

Barry's UFC 259 Value Pick:
3Unit to win 1.68U Amanda Nunes + Israel Adesanya Parlay

kPpThVF.png

I don't like laying juice and that's a fact that I've stated time after time again. Sometimes there's situations where you need to lay it and this is one of those situations.
I see virtually no chance Megan Anderson beats Nunes as I hypothesis a line around -3000 for Nunes. Adesanya is better than A.Silva in his prime. This kid is dare I say
more talented than Jon Jones. Outside of a fluke KO by Blachowicz this is an easy win and easy payday. I would play Israel all the way up to -600 so you can see why I
see value in these highly favored low risk fighters.

Let's get that f******** paper and you know if your tailing my plays, in the long run I'm making you money. I'm proven, i'm legit as they come and I've been betting for over 10 years making this my main source of income.

Self proclaimed hottest handicapper alive. I put my money where my mouth is and not one person has out handicapped the handicapping GOD.

Sincerely yours

- Barry

Bless the heavens the one man wrecking machine about to blow the joint. Took a couple UFC betting events off to regather myself, dust myself off, find extrapolations as to why I didn't hit at my deadly accurate clip and it's all good. The same bozo's who have always been pestering yours truly were mass DM'ing calling me every name in the book. Wasn't fazed one iota though because I've got the heart of a lion. These are lost souls who get off by attacking me and it's been constant harassment because they're triggered. It's all gravy though I just keep it movin' like a dial on a movado watch worn by a movie star!

kPpThVF.png

I don't like laying juice and that's a fact that I've stated time after time again. Sometimes there's situations where you need to lay it and this is one of those situations.
I see virtually no chance Megan Anderson beats Nunes as I hypothesis a line around -3000 for Nunes. Adesanya is better than A.Silva in his prime. This kid is dare I say
more talented than Jon Jones. Outside of a fluke KO by Blachowicz this is an easy win and easy payday. I would play Israel all the way up to -600 so you can see why I

Let's get that f******** paper and you know if your tailing my plays, in the long run I'm making you money. I'm proven, i'm legit as they come and I've been betting for over 10 years making this my main source of income.

Self proclaimed hottest handicapper alive. I put my money where my mouth is and not one person has out handicapped the handicapping GOD.

Sincerely yours

- Barry

Your posts are pure gold Barry

<Grimes01>

kPpThVF.png

Sincerely yours

- Barry

However everyone's bets turn out tonight...we've all won. The Cooler is here.

I’m really really conflicted on this Anderson-Nunes bet.

I’m considering betting that it reaches the distance? I mean nunes didn’t finish Spencer so idk

kPpThVF.png

Sincerely yours

- Barry

Holy shit. I rarely post here anymore but Barry is still at it???? Props for the longevity in the gimmick bro.

Is the first fight starting an hr from now?

I think in 15-30 minutes right? Since it's a 15 fight card?

Also, if you could hook me up with some tickets for the main card later on I'd appreciate it! (The ahh, crack flavored ones seem to work better for me...).

kPpThVF.png

Sincerely yours

- Barry

tumblr_milktgovmH1rgzqlpo1_500.gif

Now Nunes or Izzy might be fucked though.

Got a few bucks to kill for fun.
Chances that Ulberg gets the finish?
Thinking of:

Yan ML
Ulberg inside the distance
Rakic controlling Santos and gets a decision win

Since most of the thread and content online seem to be people raving about Adesanya I am going to make the case against him, just something to think about.

Izzys championship run has seen him take on some great fighters, but they all lacked some very important physical attributes that Jan possesses. Gastelum, Whittaker, Romero, and Costa had reaches of 71.5, 73.5, 73.5, and 72 inches respectively. These reaches put them at a massive deficit in reach to Israel who has an 80 inch reach. This reach advantage played a significant role in Israels success against many of them, primarily Gastelum and Whitaker because both men had to rush in to land shots on Israel. Israel manages distance very well and is a master of keeping his opponents outside of striking range. Whittaker was knocked out after rushing in during the second round, he also was knocked down at the end of the first round after rushing in. Gastelums willingness to rush in to close distance and accuracy when doing so threw Israel off guard and is why he had the most success of any of Israels former opponents. But it also was his downfall because Israel was able to knock him down three times in the fifth round of their fight, when a concussed Gastelum kept charging forward because he had to.

Jan has a 78.5 inch reach, he does not need to rush in for him to close distance and be in range. I also think it is important to be cognizant of the fact that Israel allowed himself to be hit with many powerful shots when Whittaker and Gastelum rushed in to close distance. If he allows Jan who has shown himself to not only be extremely accurate but also powerful in close quarters to get these shots off Israel will not be able to shake them off. Jan has a left hook that put away Luke Rockhold and Dominick Reyes and he loves to throw it in close range. Israel may be a master of keeping his opponents out of range, as we saw against Costa, but he also as we saw with Gastelum is occasionally a little too willing to brawl with his opponents when they get a shot off.

We have yet to see Israel on the ground for an extended period of time, but we have seen him be susceptible to his opponents (Gastelum/Brunson) being able to force a clinch. Israel has great takedown defense, but that is not going to be enough because if Jan is able to get him up against the cage he will keep him there as long as the ref will allow. If Israel weighs in at 195 he is going to be at a significant disadvantage if Jan is able to repeatedly force the clinch ala Gastelum. Derek Brunson may have been knocked out in the first round against Israel because he was not setting up his takedowns with punches and just going for them guns blazing, but he was also able to force Israel into a clinch and had Israel as flustered as we have ever seen him during a fight. Israel was able to break out of the clinch versus Brunson and even reverse position, this is not something he will be able to do easily against Jan if he weighs in at 195, he will go no where and Jan will be able to slowly deplete his energy.

Finally, while Israel has all the tools to beat Jan who is at a very clear technical disadvantage, it is a mistake to assume Israel will deploy these tools and fight to the best of his abilities. Israel has shown himself to be susceptible to the wims of his opponents. Yoel refused to lead during his fight with Israel, preferring to take on the role of the counter puncher, and was able to win the first two rounds of their title fight because of Israels inability to adjust during those first two rounds.

Israel did eventually adjust to Yoel by deploying leg kicks that severely compromised his mobility, but such an adjustment would have been difficult to make if his opponent had a 78 inch reach as Jan does. Paulo Costa was seemingly attempting to utilize a strategy similar to Yoels and refusing to engage unless Israel struck first, but to his credit Israel was immediately able to capitalize on this by throwing a range of leg kicks that quickly compromised the mobility of Costa who has a negative reach relative to his 6'1 height; such a strategy will not be able to be implemented against Jan if he refuses to engage.

This fight is much closer than the -235/+195 line reflects, and will be primarily be decided upon the game Jan chooses to implement. Jan is a very calculated fighter and should he approach the fight with the patience he did against Jacare Souza, where he showed off impressive wrestling and tremendous ability to grapple off the fence, then Izzy is in for a tough fight. Jan was able to sink in a standing rear naked choke against Devin Clark and if he is able to tie Izzy up on the fence I believe he will win by decision or submit him. If he chooses to get into a kickboxing match with Israel I see Israel beating him up for several rounds and eventually TKOing him. I would like to think Jan cares more about retaining his belt than putting on an exciting action filled fight with Israel so I will side with Jan winning by UD due to three rounds of holding Israel on the fence.

Not gonna say I told you so, but all the MMA journalists who get paid for this shit werent able to come up with a path to victory for Jan but a random internet poster is. <45>

Only fighters who picked Jan to win out of over a hundred were Devin Clark and Paul Felder.

Your welcome Jan

Not gonna say I told you so, but all the MMA journalists who get paid for this shit werent able to come up with a path to victory for Jan but a random internet poster is. <45>

Only fighters who picked Jan to win out of over a hundred were Devin Clark and Paul Felder.

Your welcome Jan

Right on the money. Jan has unjustly been an eternal underdog.

Not even proud of my Rakic prediction, he looked like dogshit.

Joe B should retire. And Yadong fight was close, I thought he had rds 1/3 but it is what it is.

Jan decision was +800, I regret not hitting that. I was able to live bet him after rds 2/3 at +280 and +400.

Yan is an idiot, he looked like a -300 until that idiotic knee. My read when I wanted to switch sides was correct, I even had him rds 4/5 because i knew Aljo couldn't keep up that output.

I came out ahead on that fight because betmgm locked cashouts for that fight only.

Looked to quote and like the guy who called brady having the elite grappling couldn’t find your post.Took it blind based on your analysis and it hit thanks sherbro he dominated besides the first round knock down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back