UFC 259 PBP/Discussion

Izzy handed that fight to jan on a silver platter, imho. He was controlling the whole fight, the little moments jan had until the fourth rd were because of izzy deciding to play with fire. jan can't pressure to save his live, he always returned to the center of the cage and gave izzy the time and space to reset. Wtf did izzy started taunting in the fifth too??? With that condit-esque tdd he showed, i think it made no sense. Maybe his knee got fucked up? Idk. Izzy made wrong decisions tonight, cost him the title. Happy for yan, even tho he didn't really implement a good gameplan.

Izzy handed that fight to jan on a silver platter, imho. He was controlling the whole fight, the little moments jan had until the fourth rd were because of izzy deciding to play with fire. jan can't pressure to save his live, he always returned to the center of the cage and gave izzy the time and space to reset. Wtf did izzy started taunting in the fifth too??? With that condit-esque tdd he showed, i think it made no sense. Maybe his knee got fucked up? Idk. Izzy made wrong decisions tonight, cost him the title. Happy for yan, even tho he didn't really implement a good gameplan.
Izzy fought like a man who was outweighed by 20-30lbs and didn't want to get KOed. Jan looked gassed but by r4 r5 the grappling and movement had worn on Izzy too. Honestly I thought that was the best Jan had looked. He countered Izzy almost constantly and sealed the fight with control time. Jan's kickboxing looked alot better than I expected.

Edit* Great call on Brady btw

Last edited:
Izzy fought like a man who was outweighed by 20-30lbs and didn't want to get KOed. Jan looked gassed but by r4 r5 the grappling and movement had worn on Izzy too. Honestly I thought that was the best Jan had looked. He countered Izzy almost constantly and sealed the fight with control timyYe. Honestly Jan's kickboxing looked alot better than I expected.

Edit* Great call on Brady btw
Mmm maybe, would have to watch that one again. It's my opinion just after i watched it live.

I did have Brady on a parlay but im actually more proud of my yan v sterling read, pretty spot on even tho we got a dq instead of a late stoppage for petr (which was a matter of time)

Yan gonna be - 300 for good reason

Yan would probably beat Jones too.

Jan would destroy Bones. Far better kickboxer, has the most power hed have seen @ LHW since he ducked Rumble and Jan vastly improved his TDD. Bones has struggled to take down LHWs his size too

Mmm maybe, would have to watch that one again. It's my opinion just after i watched it live.

I did have Brady on a parlay but im actually more proud of my yan v sterling read, pretty spot on even tho we got a dq instead of a late stoppage for petr (which was a matter of time)

Yan gonna be - 300 for good reason
Yeah I think we had a similar read on Yan, Aljo ealry or Yan all day but I'm glad I passed. I saw you shouting out Brady a few cards ago but I only parlayed him. More singles for me next time. I wonder what Jan vs Glover will be priced?

Yeah I think we had a similar read on Yan, Aljo ealry or Yan all day but I'm glad I passed. I saw you shouting out Brady a few cards ago but I only parlayed him. More singles for me next time. I wonder what Jan vs Glover will be priced?

I think Jan will be a sizeable favorite, - 200 range for sure. Bad matchup for Glover Imo.

I think Jan will be a sizeable favorite, - 200 range for sure. Bad matchup for Glover Imo.

MMA's best kept secret GOAT LHW is out in the open. It was a great few years of cashing him at dog money on literally every fight. I have been betting on him since Manuwa, he is so good, not flashy, but he knows how to win fights.

Mmm i expect jan to be a -200 (1.50) fav.
Beat me to it lol

Agree. The announcers were so fixated on Jan's overreaction to Izzy's feints (which was accurate, Izzy was getting him to bite hard on them) that they were ignoring who was actually landing the better shots. Izzy was getting Jan to react to feints, but not capitalizing very often. Jan was landing hard jabs and straight shots more often.

It's like they want to look at a fight like something else when a guy like Izzy fights. Like he's an artist painting a picture. But...no. It's a fight. And while Izzy may look smoother and his movement may be more fluid, Jan was actually more effective.
As we all know the announcers job is to sell the fight and also to sell fighter's abilities in hopes of making them a star for a future event. It's almost like they want this to be planned out like wrestling but it's not and they (and Dana) get disappointed when the storyline doesn't fall into place. That storyline was that Izzy was the next Anderson Silva and would surpass Silva and be undefeated in two weight classes for years to come. The fights are fun to watch but the hype and media in the UFC are horrible. MMA is a sport, UFC is a business and sometimes they clash.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the Blachowicz / Adesanya live odds were going into each round?

Agree. The announcers were so fixated on Jan's overreaction to Izzy's feints (which was accurate, Izzy was getting him to bite hard on them) that they were ignoring who was actually landing the better shots. Izzy was getting Jan to react to feints, but not capitalizing very often. Jan was landing hard jabs and straight shots more often.

It's like they want to look at a fight like something else when a guy like Izzy fights. Like he's an artist painting a picture. But...no. It's a fight. And while Izzy may look smoother and his movement may be more fluid, Jan was actually more effective.

I feel the exact same way. I honestly don't get the hype with Izzy. He's a solid fighter of course, but people act like he's a total genius with his striking. If you really start to look at his career, is it really as top tier as people make it out to be? Extremely close fight with Vetorri, doesn't finish an old Anderson Silva, incredibly close fight with Gastelum, and then the next 3 fights (Whittaker, Romero, Costa) had all 3 fighters really playing to Izzy's strength's. The way the announcers and some fans talk, he should have been sparking these guys as well as Jan.

Does anyone know what the Blachowicz / Adesanya live odds were going into each round?
Adesany was around -300 after first few rounds and it was small favorite jan going into 5th, bookies assumed it was close fight but judges scored it 4-1 lol

Back