1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFC 261 PBP/Discussion

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by PuertoRican, Apr 24, 2021.

1. SolarSeiko Brown Belt

Because having a different opinion = retard. Awesome logic there bud

2. OuterDrake Orange Belt

Don't worry I share that loss. fight iq is something that is overlooked sometimes. He is well rounded but loves his standup too much. His stance is really awkward too , needs to work on his fight stance, puts too much weight on that lead leg.

3. SolarSeiko Brown Belt

U were kinda close there snake plissken

4. OuterDrake Orange Belt

upload_2021-4-25_1-6-19.png

Just look at the way his knees twist inward when he throws a punch, this was a long time coming, its got to be bad for your legs to twist like this .

Barkus and Card like this.
  5. I lost next month's rent on Crute? Really?

That's cute that you think that.

I can criticize a fighter after they put up a dogshit caliber performance.

Crute, in interviews all week spoke about how he'd take down Smith and break him. He knew what the gameplan was, and failed to execute it.

I lost on Weidman, but I'm not sitting here bashing him for a freak accident. That was disturbing.

Andrade I was completely off on, Valentina had a massive strength advantage I honestly didn't think she'd have.

Crute has the skills to beat Smith, and I guarantee is absolutely kicking himself right now for not following the gameplan his coaches laid out for him. Literally a D- performance, he's so much better than what he showed.

Barkus likes this.
  6. OuterDrake Orange Belt

upload_2021-4-25_1-10-47.png

Seriously though, his coaches need to have a word about his awkward stances. I boxed in my younger days we had exercises to correct stances like these.

7. StewDogg11 Brown Belt

You called a classy individual like Anthony Smith “dogshit”...I believe you are now rageposting.

8. You can ask anyone on here that I regularly use that phrase.

I think Anthony Smith is a great person outside of the octagon, I really do.

I have the utmost respect for him as a husband/father, I just think he's incredibly overrated and on the tail end of his career.

I respect anyone who steps into the cage. But it's the internet, I can be critical of a fighter after they drastically underperform, sorry if me calling someone dogshit offends you that badly.

I'm happy Smith won, as I said he's a genuinely respectable guy. And maybe it's my fault for putting Crute in so many parlays.

But as I said, he fought without using his brain tonight, and I bet his coaches are incredibly disappointed in him, and he's going to be incredibly critical on himself as well after that performance.

9. longway Purple Belt

Young fighters like him need to be humbled sometimes as part of their journey. I'm sure he will be back and win in style next time. Pity his lesson cost me a thousand bucks though.

svmr_db and Invictis like this.
  10. PuertoRican Gold Belt

Look at the juice fly off that man's skull when Usman lands on him.

svmr_db likes this.
  11. I still came close to breaking even. But if he won I'd be up a sizable amount.

I had him in multi event parlays as well. It's my fault for being too exposed on him, but at the same time, his coaches are probably fuming.

After the third strong jab, shoot a fucking takedown. It would've slowed Smith down, took some pop off his punches and kicks.

I think he could've controlled him on the ground for the duration of the fight and ended it there. And that was his gameplan leading up to the fight. Just truly perplexing the fact he didn't shoot until after the injury.

longway likes this.
  12. longway Purple Belt

Sometimes the big occasions get to them. Normally he would have dropped R1 and his corner would have coached him to gethis head back in the game and take Smith down, and he would have won comfortably. Id make the same bet again. 8 out of 10 times Crute wins imo, his ptv is clear and smith needs some kind of weird curcumstance. But, tbf, he does pull a rabbit out of a hat more often than normal.

Maybe this is a weakness in Crute's leg or the nerve was inflamed from an injury in training camp.

Invictis likes this.
  13. GoldenWolf87 Brown Belt

Quite a crazy fight card this was. Chinese prospects lost.
    I was quite happy to see thug rose winning it.

Syndrm likes this.
  14. I think the only person who has a chance against Usman is WB.

Can't wait for that fight, assuming(which I am) he beats Burns.

longway likes this.