UFC 262 Chandler vs Olivera

What about the last strikers he fought tho? Didn’t spam takedowns on them, he got stung and stood/banged.
He took Klose and Holtzmann and Dober down. He was also a full round in a standing bodylock against Klose.

Heard this story before. People were saying Max was washed and was gonna lose to Kattar. This is Tony fucking Ferguson. As a sizeable underdog.

Career-altering beating by Gaethje? Cmon. He had Gaethje in deep deep shit for a bit there. He’s got the better movement, the better technique, the better striking, more experience, and arguably a better BJJ game.

Outside of getting wrestlefucked I see Tony with a clinic here. Obviously a contrarian opinion
I would give Benny a pretty significant bjj edge, dont even think its close at all.

Tony does some flashy shieet but Benny got much much better fundamentals.

2 - 2 +0.7u

This weeks been crazy for me moving and I didn't have time for write-ups. Hoping it slows down this next week so I can actually create quality content. Last week would have been a solid 2+ unit profit had Klein not been robbed. It is what it is though and honestly robbery is a pretty strong term there, close fights, close losses. Any week with profit is a good week. Hope the man Cerrone gets a solid ride off into the distance mid level fight and calls it.

My plays this week, everything 1u always unless otherwise noted

Charles + Lutz: +206
Dariush + Grundy: +210
Giagos + Mazany: +121
Edson: +132

I would give Benny a pretty significant bjj edge, dont even think its close at all.

Tony does some flashy shieet but Benny got much much better fundamentals.

Tony adapted his game really well to fit MMA and his style in particular. His front headlock-snapdown-darce is the best I've seen. See the finish vs Lando, or what he does to Trujillo.

But yeah Beneil is way heavier on top and far more sound with positioning. No question.

Betanysports only has like 3 lines up an no props....I have zero bets in and I'm starting to panic...

Betanysports only has like 3 lines up an no props....I have zero bets in and I'm starting to panic...

This "update" they did earlier this week is dogshit LOL. They had some more lines up for a bit, then yesterday they had none. Now they have the ML for the ME and ML and o/u for Ferg/Dariush and that's it.

They have no odds at all for the Preakness. It's a gambling site...and you can't even bet on the second leg of the triple crown as of now.

The interface seems clumsy and way less user friendly than the previous one too.

So far the "update" is a dumpster fire.

It sounds like I'll be one of the few on Tony here. I was against him in both the Gaethje and Oliveira fight. My biggest critique has been is that he has major flaws at the highest level. He'll get wild as hell standing and he'll give up takedowns. He has some flaws, but I really don't think these get him in much trouble with all of his strengths until he's at the highest level. I feel almost identical with Dariush. He can absolutely get in firefights standing where he gets hurt, he doesn't have the best takedowns, and he has the potential to gas. With Ferguson coming off of the loss to Oliveira where he gave up takedowns throughout, he's specifically talked about his coaches telling him to avoid takedowns. Oliveira has much better wrestling than Dariush IMO too. I see this likely being a high paced fight where Dariush is forced to stand throughout and he'll probably have his moments, but I think Ferguson's pace and cardio become the biggest weapon here and he takes over.

Agreed! The new layout is horrible and gives me a headache. I just chatted with customer service and they set a record for being unhelpful. "We will be adding more fights but not sure when..please check back"

I was planning on losing a lot of money tonight and they are ruining my plans

Hey there's more lines I found. Go under boxing>>fighting and there's lines and o/u for the whole card.

Still no props, but it's something.

It sounds like I'll be one of the few on Tony here. I was against him in both the Gaethje and Oliveira fight. My biggest critique has been is that he has major flaws at the highest level. He'll get wild as hell standing and he'll give up takedowns. He has some flaws, but I really don't think these get him in much trouble with all of his strengths until he's at the highest level. I feel almost identical with Dariush. He can absolutely get in firefights standing where he gets hurt, he doesn't have the best takedowns, and he has the potential to gas. With Ferguson coming off of the loss to Oliveira where he gave up takedowns throughout, he's specifically talked about his coaches telling him to avoid takedowns. Oliveira has much better wrestling than Dariush IMO too. I see this likely being a high paced fight where Dariush is forced to stand throughout and he'll probably have his moments, but I think Ferguson's pace and cardio become the biggest weapon here and he takes over.

I like him as well. Like I put here before if it's methodical and a bit boring then Dariush could neutralize him with top control but somehow I see the dynamic fist for fist fest (especially with crowd back) and Dariush tends to slow down a bit in those.

Some very good points. I think there's a super clear PTV for Beneil, but I could flat be overrating his fight IQ and dismissing the fact that he likes to just throw down sometimes. And that fight absolutely favors Tony.

I've gone Grundy decision in my accumulator. I think he wrestles him
That's the only edge he has, but Lando is still an ncaa div 1 wrestler and a bjj brown, has more knockout power than what Mike is use too, Lando has great escapes too. All the times i've seen him on the ground he immediately scrambles back up. Grundy leans heavy on the lead leg. I see Lando smashing his lead leg and systematically breaking him down and finishing him on the feet. I got Lando tko 2nd.

That's the only edge he has, but Lando is still an ncaa div 1 wrestler and a bjj brown, has more knockout power than what Mike is use too, Lando has great escapes too. All the times i've seen him on the ground he immediately scrambles back up. Grundy leans heavy on the lead leg. I see Lando smashing his lead leg and systematically breaking him down and finishing him on the feet. I got Lando tko 2nd.
Lando wrestled for one semester, I would also give Grundy a clear cardio edge.

Don't see how you you give Grundy a cardio edge really, they both slow but Grundy is completely gassed after around 3.5 mins, and then his shots become extremely sloppy.

Grundy has a path with the wrestling but I don't think he can wrestle hard for all three rounds. He has power I his hands and he might be able to catch Lando coming in, but I think Lando is levels above in the striking and I'm sure he's dealt with 'big over hand and hooks' guy before.

Lando's take down defence is average but he does a good job of getting back up.

Pace is key here, new weight class for Lando is a big unknown too.

Skill for skill and obviously experience it favours Lando as the dog

Back