UFC 262 Chandler vs Olivera

Betanysports only has like 3 lines up an no props....I have zero bets in and I'm starting to panic...
isnt betanysports just 5dimes? and didn't 5dimes pull an exit scam only like a few months ago? why people sign up for these terrible bookies ill never know.

What are your plays bro? I'm feeling Dariush and Lee.

Chandler +115 2u
Chandler sub +2000 0.3u
Lee +130 1u
Lando +105 1u
Dariush -165 1.75u
Wright/Picket O1.5
Chook -130 1.3
Schnell/Bont U2.5

took some Gina too but having some buyer’s remorse. BOL

edit: also took some Bont KO +6xx

Still going through the thread, but LOL at this person implying George Foreman didn't have fight IQ. George was an absolute technician. If you think Foreman was just a heavy handed plodder, there is like 50 years of boxing going over your head.
you misread me, i never said george had no fight iq, im a GF fan.

Lee was putting it on him fairly well in round 1 (and part of rd 2 iirc) in that fight. Lee is about the fastest starter there is in MMA, I don't think he's ever lost the first round that I can remember. Oliveira wore it fine, didn't fold, just regrouped and turned the fight around as Lee faded.

I would agree that Charles isn't proven at all in some sort of 5 round war though, that much is true for sure. But I would disagree that fighters can't change when it comes to battling through adversity. Once a guy does it once, he's then proven to himself he's capable of it and it makes him less likely to look for a way out the next time. Similarly a guy who's never folded previously but then does finds it easier to do it going forward it seems.

Quoting myself because I think there's an important takeaway here. The narrative that Oliveira is a quitter who will look for a way out when faced with adversity---we should put that to bed. That's 2 fights in a row that he's gotten the worst of it early, only to come back and find a finish not too long after. And last night vs Chandler you could see Charles really didn't panic at all.

Quoting myself because I think there's an important takeaway here. The narrative that Oliveira is a quitter who will look for a way out when faced with adversity---we should put that to bed. That's 2 fights in a row that he's gotten the worst of it early, only to come back and find a finish not too long after. And last night vs Chandler you could see Charles really didn't panic at all.
Personally, I didn't see it so much as Olives being a quitter. More so just that he was not the most durable guy. I'm still not convinced he is, but he's got his defensive BJJ to really spook people from coming after him.

I think Chandler should have forced the standup instead of chasing on the ground. There was a point when Charles fell back and regained a bit of composure on the ground and kept Chandler at bay with his legs. Chandler tried to keep the GnP coming, but I think he should have let him stand and looked for another big left or right. He was finding a home for them.

Great fight from both guys though. I think I might favour Olives over Poirier if that happens. He's probably got a few defences in him. Could see Gaethje knocking his block off, not sure he'd have the style to get the takedown and tap on Gaethje.

On a side note, I've wondered if it's worth starting a "what did we learn?" thread after these fights, because I think there'd be a lot info to be parsed through.

Personally, I didn't see it so much as Olives being a quitter. More so just that he was not the most durable guy. I'm still not convinced he is, but he's got his defensive BJJ to really spook people from coming after him.

I think Chandler should have forced the standup instead of chasing on the ground. There was a point when Charles fell back and regained a bit of composure on the ground and kept Chandler at bay with his legs. Chandler tried to keep the GnP coming, but I think he should have let him stand and looked for another big left or right. He was finding a home for them.

Great fight from both guys though. I think I might favour Olives over Poirier if that happens. He's probably got a few defences in him. Could see Gaethje knocking his block off, not sure he'd have the style to get the takedown and tap on Gaethje.

On a side note, I've wondered if it's worth starting a "what did we learn?" thread after these fights, because I think there'd be a lot info to be parsed through.

Yeah and I think Charles at 155 is just far more durable then when he was killing himself to make 145. I agree, Chandler probably should have let him back up but it's a tough call to make in the moment. By the time he figured out he couldn't get through with real gnp, Charles had recovered.

Really hard to say with Charles vs Dustin or Justin. I think either COULD beat him for sure, not sure how I'd cap them yet.

I like that idea of "what did we learn" though, good call.

Yeah and I think Charles at 155 is just far more durable then when he was killing himself to make 145. I agree, Chandler probably should have let him back up but it's a tough call to make in the moment. By the time he figured out he couldn't get through with real gnp, Charles had recovered.

Really hard to say with Charles vs Dustin or Justin. I think either COULD beat him for sure, not sure how I'd cap them yet.

I like that idea of "what did we learn" though, good call.

Sharp. I totally agree. It was a huge mistake by Chandler to not let him back up. It would had been far easier to knock Charles out that way, instead of entering his world, and giving him time to recover. It very likely cost him the fight. We see this mistake by a lot of fighters. I do think its hard to back away, as they want to chase the finish, but at this high level they should be smarter. Personally had Chandler 1,2,3 at +250, so def felt he threw the fight. But couldn´t be happier for Charles.

The "What did we learn" is an excellent Idea. I can also highly recommend doing this also personally. Each event I have notes I do during the event, and have literally write "What did I learn" and then have like 1,2,3 with the new knowledge gained. Whether it be how to improve livebet, and what to do going forwards and anything of interest really, or what should had done etc. Its very useful for when you look back at the events imo. So very smart idea. Doing it on a forum would allow everybody to chime in with their input for even more value for everybody. Excellent idea.

This was probably my best event for quite a few years. Only lost on Ferg and Aguilar. Awesome event to watch too.

Live, I was a bit worried for Oliveira at the end of Rd 1. Upon watching the replay in between rounds, I don't think he was even that hurt. I think Chandler just has that speed and overpowering attack that made it look like he was going to finish him. I think it was clear by the start of Rd 1 that he was fine.

Sharp. I totally agree. It was a huge mistake by Chandler to not let him back up. It would had been far easier to knock Charles out that way, instead of entering his world, and giving him time to recover. It very likely cost him the fight. We see this mistake by a lot of fighters. I do think its hard to back away, as they want to chase the finish, but at this high level they should be smarter. Personally had Chandler 1,2,3 at +250, so def felt he threw the fight. But couldn´t be happier for Charles.

The "What did we learn" is an excellent Idea. I can also highly recommend doing this also personally. Each event I have notes I do during the event, and have literally write "What did I learn" and then have like 1,2,3 with the new knowledge gained. Whether it be how to improve livebet, and what to do going forwards and anything of interest really, or what should had done etc. Its very useful for when you look back at the events imo. So very smart idea. Doing it on a forum would allow everybody to chime in with their input for even more value for everybody. Excellent idea.

I said this for years on here even at the early days of these threads. People would get all shitty talking about losses after the fight and not want to talk about it. I honestly think evaluating take aways post fight is as valuable as tape watch and it's sure as hell less time consuming.

Well, I hate being the thread starter. But I suppose I could do it this time. Honestly, this forum is the best place I've come across in terms of people sharing ideas, breakdowns and assessments of fights. Maybe I've missed somewhere other place where people are sharing opinions, but I watched YT vids, I looked at Reddit, I searched Google. Nothing came close to what we have here when people put their minds together.

I'll use myself as an example with the Barboza/Burgos fight. I could not find anywhere that had the kind of thought I put it in (and some counter opinions I received from Jordan). In retrospect, that was a great spot to make $$$. I was confident in my assessment, but I always want to hear the countervailing opinion, because maybe there's some piece of nuance I missed.

Well, I hate being the thread starter. But I suppose I could do it this time. Honestly, this forum is the best place I've come across in terms of people sharing ideas, breakdowns and assessments of fights. Maybe I've missed somewhere other place where people are sharing opinions, but I watched YT vids, I looked at Reddit, I searched Google. Nothing came close to what we have here when people put their minds together.

I'll use myself as an example with the Barboza/Burgos fight. I could not find anywhere that had the kind of thought I put it in (and some counter opinions I received from Jordan). In retrospect, that was a great spot to make $$$. I was confident in my assessment, but I always want to hear the countervailing opinion, because maybe there's some piece of nuance I missed.

Quick one from me - Aguilar is historically great against guys looking to grapple him (Damon Jackson, Barzola, Rader). I figured Tucker would look to avoid standing and grapple throughout. I figured this would wear out Tucker and Aguilar would get up easy. Big mental note on Tucker having pretty sharp standup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back