UFC 262 Chandler vs Olivera

Lots of close fights on this card. I like Cachoeira against Mazany at +180. I think the Mazany is the biggest favourite of the card actually. Nobody more than -200. I like Dariush. I hope more people bet Tony. Tony is delusional and took the beating of a lifetime, he's lost a lot of muscle mass, he isn't where he once was physically. Dariush is in his prime, he's streaking, and he matches up well with Tony so if I can get 1.80 im very happy

Sadly, as the biggest Ferguson fan ever, I agree.

Tony doing 2 weight cuts prior to the Gaethje fight just KILLED him at his age. The pic of him looking emaciated showed it. Tony does damage with accumulation, Dariush's bugaboo is huge punchers. Dariush may not dominate the wrestling quite as much as Oliveira did vs Tony, but I do see Beneil getting top position and holding Tony down for good stretches.

I'll be looking for Dariush Dec line too.

What's Oliveira's path to victory that makes him a slight favourite? Beat Chandler in the standup? Have Chandler shoot and snap up a submission?

Has a reach advantage, and he's gotten really good at flowing from striking to the body lock. At worst he should be able to cause scrambles where he has a clear edge.

Has a reach advantage, and he's gotten really good at flowing from striking to the body lock. At worst he should be able to cause scrambles where he has a clear edge.
I like that line of thought. Very wise stuff.

Dariush to me still looks as sloppy and slow on the feet as he's ever been. He is an absolute savage and works through adversity most of the time but it's only a matter of time until someone puts his lights out again.
He might be able to outwrestle Tony here but I could also see him getting caught on the feet. Depends on nature of the fight. Slow and methodical I lean Dariush but if Tony makes it war he has the edge.

Dariush grappling is so damn good. Just look at how he controlled cdf on the ground compared to Gillespie who had to go through dozens of takedowns and scrambles until it stayed down. I think he neutralizes Tony and makes it look easy like Oliveira.

Man I love the UFC's talent pool. Pure class from around the world. Zhang, Khabib, Dariush, Tony..... I'm sure I missed some of the greatest but Dana really does employ some world renowned talent that can not be found anywhere else. Great to see that shared knowledge in a place you would never even expect it.

Last edited:
I think if the same version of Tony shows up that did against Oliveira, Dariush is live for a finish.

It sucks how far Tony has fallen. But as others in here have stated, it took Gregor employing 10 TD's before he finally got control of Fereirra.

Dariush was easily controlling him the majority of the fight.

Dariush fades, but even if Dariush is gassed in r3, Tony's TDD has never been great by any means. Dariush should still be able to get him down while gassed.

What's Oliveira's path to victory that makes him a slight favourite? Beat Chandler in the standup? Have Chandler shoot and snap up a submission?

Both. I'd be pretty shocked to see Chandler win anywhere besides landing someone big standing. I do think that can be likely though and Oliveira may have trouble with the speed and physicality of Chandler. I think this fight likely ends ITD at an extremely high % though.

Honestly I wish I could take Tony out of that parlay because I think Dariush wins. The rest should hit, though.

I have another 100 on Chandler on DK, and I'm shopping around on where to put another $600 on him. I have access to like 8 books, looking for the best line.

Wager: $50.00
Potential Payout: $1,221.13

Nate over Leon?? What was the thought process behind that?

Nate over Leon?? What was the thought process behind that?

Leon should be favored heavily, -350 max though.

-490 is insane. A small play on Nate +370 isn't terrible, I'll break down the fight in that thread in the future.

Watched a lot of tape for Barboza/Burgos because I thought it was this past weekend, and I don't see why Burgos is the favourite.

I think Barboza is being faded because of his recent record, even if you date it back to his 2017 fight with Khabib. He's 2-5 over that span, which in the eyes of many means, at the age of 34, he's done. Not to mention his recent drop down to the 145 lbs. division, where he lost his debut to Dan Ige and "only" won a decision over Amirkhani.

Dive into the record and the nuance tells a different story.
-Loss to Khabib. Well, yeah. The sports highest paced grappler put it on Barboza. While Burgos is a pressure fighter, he applies that pressure 100% differently than Khabib.

-Loss to Kevin Lee. Another high pressure grappler with some of the best wrestling in the division. Perhaps Kevin Lee's biggest win to date, he put a ground and pound clinic on Barboza. Took until the 5th round to finish it with a doctor's stoppage. Another unlikely method for Burgos to follow.

-Win vs Dan Hooker. Barboza beat the brakes off in a standup fight for the 2.5 rounds that it lasted. Became the first guy to finish Hooker.

-Loss vs Justin Gaethje: Gaethje chased Barboza down and blasted him. I think this is what people on the Burgos side are expecting him to do to Barboza. I don't think Burgos is on the same level as Gaethje, assume most would agree. This fight too had the eye poke incident, which, depending on your opinion, could have changed the results here (in my opinion, Gaethje's win was inevitable).

-Loss to Paul Felder. Myself, along with the vast majority of media and fans, thought Barboza won this mostly kickboxing fight.

-Loss to Dan Ige. Another close fight that the majority thought Barboza won. Barboza hurt Ige multiple times, Ige did not do the same.

-Win over Amirkhani. A mutual opponent Barboza and Burgos share. Although Burgos finished Amirkhani, Barboza looked a lot better in victory over him. Does it mean a lot? No, because Mr. Finland fights a style that isn't going to happen here. Both guys did fight him in a similar manner, however. Mr. Finland won the first round against Burgos with his grappling, but tired himself out in the process. Burgos finally finished off an exhausted Amirkhani late in Round 3. The commentary mentioned in the Barboza fight how Amirkhani had blown his weight cut for the Burgos fight, and it was definitely noticeable. He was able to take a beating (dropped twice by Barboza with punches) and managed to survive until the end, but was never in the fight.

Reasons I like Barboza, especially at even/plus odds:
-Barboza looks comfortable at 145. I was worried when he went down that he'd be one of those guys who lost his chin as he cut more weight. Does not seem to be the case. Mr. Finland landed a pretty decent punch in their fight, didn't phase him. Ige throws hard, but never hurt Barboza.

-Barboza hasn't lost his appetite for kicking. Still threw plenty against both Amirkhani and Ige, his most recent fights. Burgos is heavy on his lead leg and absorbs a lot of strikes. His power may be pretty high at 145, as he dropped Amirkhani 2x, and stung Ige with his hands.

-Burgos doesn't have huge power. His fighting style would significantly benefit if he had naturally big power. He just doesn't seem to be one of those guys. He's landed a lot of pretty big, clean shots in his wins, but his finishes come later in fights.

-Burogs has been dropped several times in his UFC career, including by Kurt Holobaugh. I don't think he has a "bad" chin by any means, but his fighting style is designed for a guy with an absolute granite chin and very heavy hands.

There's a lot of food for thought for everyone on this fight. I really like Barboza at even/dog odds, and I think you should too.

anyone know why all my Bet365 bets are going to a trader for approval ?

What do you guys think of the Schnell Bontorin fight? I want to try something new instead of betting pretty much the same amount of money on every fight i want to try a big bet every event im talking myabe like 200-300$ besides my normal 50-75$ I really Like schnell. Are there any other fights that you guys really like has to be a Fav no more then -200?

Short Notice:
- Rogério Bontorin (in for Alex Perez 1 loss) vs. Matt Schnell was +245
- Sean Soriano (in for Joel Alvarez 3 wins) vs. Christos Giagos was +150

Fight Camps:
Charles Oliveira vs. Michael Chandler - 7 weeks
Tony Ferguson vs. Beneil Dariush - 8+ weeks
Jack Hermansson vs. Edmen Shahbazyan - 7 weeks
Katlyn Chookagian vs. Viviane Araujo - 8+ weeks
Shane Burgos vs. Edson Barboza - 8+ weeks
Jacare Souza vs. Andre Muniz - 6 weeks
Matt Schnell vs. Rogerio Bontorin - 2 weeks for Bontorin, 8+ for Schnell
Lando Vannata vs. Mike Grundy - 5 weeks
Andrea Lee vs. Antonina Shevchenko - 8+ weeks
Jordan Wright vs. Jamie Pickett - 8+ weeks
Gina Mazany vs. Priscila Cachoeira - 8+ weeks
Kevin Aguilar vs. Tucker Lutz - 5 weeks
Christos Giagos vs. Sean Soriano - 0 weeks for Soriano, 8+ for Giagos

Last edited:
What do you guys think of the Schnell Bontorin fight? I want to try something new instead of betting pretty much the same amount of money on every fight i want to try a big bet every event im talking myabe like 200-300$ besides my normal 50-75$ I really Like schnell. Are there any other fights that you guys really like has to be a Fav no more then -200?

Schnell is glass and Bontorin is a strong starter. I think the odds should be a bit closer in that fight. I personally don't like laying money on glass at big favourite odds. Skill for skill I take Schnell. He fought a really smart fight against Nam who is a massive puncher, it seems he's making improvements.

Wow..

Won’t deny for a minute I’m a bit out of touch lately with mma, but mostly on the prelim/last minute/weight class up and down/covid fights

but Chandler is a dog to Aloe Vera?
Interesting..

Leon should be favored heavily, -350 max though.

-490 is insane. A small play on Nate +370 isn't terrible, I'll break down the fight in that thread in the future.
Leon should be like -1000. This is like a Nunes fight. Nate has less than a punchers chance.

Back