UFC 263: ISRAEL ADESANYA vs MARVIN VETTORI - Official discussion

Only going to speak about the main event in great detail. Obvious value on Moreno and Vettori moneyline, but I don’t bet on “value”.

I am really like Israel to finish this fight in the later rounds, particularly the 5th round. The way I see this fight going, Marvin will get takedowns but I’m not too sure how successful he will be on the ground. The fact that Marvin is probably about the same level wrestler as Jan is on a technical level and only weighs about 10-15 pounds less has me cautious about laying chalk on Izzy, but I believe that Marvins gameplan will come to a fault.

Marvin is really not that diverse on the feet compared to the possibly most diverse striker in the UFC and for sure in the MW division. Marvins got a straight that he primarily uses almost as a jab pretty much, it’s his main strike and with a 6 inch reach disadvantage + having to reach extra when he is in southpaw vs. Izzy in Orthodox, Marvin is not going to have much success on the feet.

I was really not impressed with Marvin in the fight vs Kevin Holland, but realistically he could do that against Izzy and eek out a win. I don’t believe that will happen though as I’m on Izzy 5th round finish for about a unit or so. Also, yeah Izzy looked bad against Jan and Yoel, but they’ve got considerably more power then Marvin who I consider somewhat pillowfisted for MW.

fuck this dead forum

1U Israel adesanya via 5th round finish
Compare to that moreno R5 is more possible .Israel has 0 finish win after R2.

Compare to that moreno R5 is more possible .Israel has 0 finish win after R2.

I see where you’re coming from, but just because it has never happened doesn’t mean it won’t. What is even your basis for Izzy not being able to ko him late in the round? Mine is that vettori will gas while Izzy’s pacing and his obviously better striking will demolish an exhausted punching bag in round 5 Martin.

Along with the Figueiredo ITD that was set at +325, BAS also just released another prop line in our favor: Figueiredo submission +1200

3 of his last 4 wins were via submission.

5dimes opened the line at +945, and it's now +700, while we are still getting +1200.

@mkess101

Just hit it. Good lookin' out brother.

also is it the first time a non main event and non title fight has been 5 rounds? cant think of another

also is it the first time a non main event and non title fight has been 5 rounds? cant think of another

Might be...

It is.

Just saw that Figueiredo looked like shit on the weigh-ins, already had some dough on Moreno but now I'm thinking that a parlay with Brandon, Murphy and Luigi could be worth it.

Might just drop Lauren from it though, her value as a dog is decent but that fight has SD written all over it and I'd rather not rely on judges.

It is.

Just saw that Figueiredo looked like shit on the weigh-ins, already had some dough on Moreno but now I'm thinking that a parlay with Brandon, Murphy and Luigi could be worth it.

Might just drop Lauren from it though, her value as a dog is decent but that fight has SD written all over it and I'd rather not rely on judges.

Has Figuerido ever NOT looked like shit on the scale though?

Chase Hooper (145.5) vs. Steven Peterson (148.5)*

* Peterson missed the featherweight limit by 2.6 pounds and was fined 20 percent of his purse, but the bout will go on as scheduled

opponents-israel-adesanya-of-nigeria-and-marvin-vettori-of-italy-face-picture-id1323100839

opponents-deiveson-figueiredo-of-brazil-and-brandon-moreno-of-mexico-picture-id1323100612

opponents-leon-edwards-of-jamaica-and-nate-diaz-face-off-during-the-picture-id1323099875

opponents-demian-maia-of-brazil-and-belal-muhammad-face-off-during-picture-id1323099824

opponents-paul-craig-of-scotland-and-jamahal-hill-face-off-during-the-picture-id1323099492

opponents-drew-dober-and-brad-riddell-of-new-zealand-face-off-during-picture-id1323099476

opponents-eryk-anders-and-darren-stewart-of-england-face-off-during-picture-id1323099464

opponents-lauren-murphy-and-joanne-calderwood-of-scotland-face-off-picture-id1323098955

opponents-movsar-evloev-of-russia-and-hakeem-dawodu-of-canada-face-picture-id1323098944

opponents-pannie-kianzad-of-iran-and-alexis-davis-of-canada-face-off-picture-id1323098937

opponents-matt-frevola-and-terrance-mckinney-during-the-ufc-263-at-picture-id1323098929

opponents-chase-hooper-and-steven-peterson-face-off-during-the-ufc-picture-id1323098175

opponents-fares-ziam-of-france-and-luigi-vendramini-of-brazil-face-picture-id1323098124

opponents-carlos-felipe-of-brazil-and-jake-collier-face-off-during-picture-id1323098070

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back