UFC 264 Play by play

Ahhh Thompson fucked me, broke even basically instead of being up a lot.

I thought he had a chance vs Usman, but if Burns could take him down that easily, no shot.
Thompson looked flat. Waited too long to strike. Burns on the other hand had a great lay and pray gameplan.

don't understand why conor jumped guillotine vs black belt poirier. too much cocaine and whiskey
It was his only hope to pull off a miracle win. He knew he was going to get fucked. And he got fucked regardless, no condom.

For betting this is a was great fight card if you wanted to bet just some favorites this was the fight card to do it. Burns and Dustin were great underdogs.

Also quite the diffuclt fight card for betting.

I just re-watched conor v dustin. It was a very competitive fight. Conor was stupid to go for the guillotine, and it quite rightly cost him the round. But he was defending the td well to that point, and he got up swinging hard and didnt look in bad shape.

Fustrating, conor's trash talk made the ending seem like justice, but if he had been respectful, everyone would have been sorry for him. The fight ending like didnt really tell us much about which of the 2 is the better fighter.

The ending was a freak occurance. Not so freak these days though somehow.

I just re-watched conor v dustin. It was a very competitive fight. Conor was stupid to go for the guillotine, and it quite rightly cost him the round. But he was defending the td well to that point, and he got up swinging hard and didnt look in bad shape.

Fustrating, conor's trash talk made the ending seem like justice, but if he had been respectful, everyone would have been sorry for him. The fight ending like didnt really tell us much about which of the 2 is the better fighter.

i think conor's ankle was already shattered from the checked kick or w/e, that's what dustin thinks anyways. With that context it makes sense why he would pull the guilly as he knew his time was limited to get something done.

I had tonight.
UFC 264 - Ryan Hall v Ilia Topuria (Total Rounds)
Under +2.5
Cashed out.

Not bad for some ITDs, and unders in some spots.

lol Dustin is the better fighter cmon now....

Conors only better than Dustin @ 145lbs

i think conor's ankle was already shattered from the checked kick or w/e, that's what dustin thinks anyways. With that context it makes sense why he would pull the guilly as he knew his time was limited to get something done.

Makes sense. If Dustin felt something, Conor most definitely felt something.

Nah, it didn't look like that. When he got up he didn't look at all concerned about his leg. It was just a stupid move.

lol Dustin is the better fighter cmon now....

Conors only better than Dustin @ 145lbs

He could well be, but there is not enough info from this fight. It's not like when lost to Khabib, you can see that Conor has no chance, whatever he said afterwards, here it's not possible to make the call.

Nah, it didn't look like that. When he got up he didn't look at all concerned about his leg. It was just a stupid move.
there's a pic of his ankle while he's on the ground and it looks pretty fooked

there's a pic of his ankle while he's on the ground and it looks pretty fooked

Thats after he got up, not when he went for the guillotine. His leg didnt snap immediately after getting up, only when he stepped back after lungeing forward for a punch.

He could well be, but there is not enough info from this fight. It's not like when lost to Khabib, you can see that Conor has no chance, whatever he said afterwards, here it's not possible to make the call.

I mean, maybe not with absolute certainty but it's somewhat obvious that Dustin is better. He took Conor down and beat him up, and Conor took forever to be able to get back to his feet. And we do have enough prior evidence to know that Dustin has better cardio so that first round was gonna leave Conor with the far more depleted gas tank.

No, it wasn't as decisive as the TKO in the 2nd fight. Of course not. But to someone who's truly objective, Conor looked to be on his way to another loss with or without the ankle injury.

It wasn’t even you that got pissed off at me for that one lol

Stone Hands Aldana GOAT, she crushed my dreams, I had DuPlessis/Kunitskaya/Poirier in one, so close

Nah but I was on Aldana pretty confidently all week. It was only the weight miss that had me concerned. I still went ahead with it anyways. I'm pissed I missed that sweet tko prop knowing kunitskaya sucked against heavy punchers

Conor lost was what very likely supposed to be his best round. Honestly, where would you cap rematch? I think it's pretty clear Poirier is the rightful favorite.

Gotta disagree. Conor showed he hasn't improved his tdd, ground game and defense. In fact he tried to do something new and fucked his own leg up. Dustin was beating the piss out of him near the end, Conor would have gassed in rd2+ and would have got finished regardless.

He was bleeding out his ear. Ate a bunch of elbows.

Back