News UFC 284 to be in Perth, Western Australia

so volk is going to take another fight before jumping to 155 ?

Can't wait to have a bunch of squash matches featuring australians.
No wonder Mark Smith waived off that shitty Cantender Series so quick the other week, so that a blue eyed aussie with a mustache and mullet could get some fake hype going after an awful fight slow fight.

Last edited:
this is great, very happy Australia gets a UFC PPV --- should be a fantastic event.

A PPV in Brazil, then Australia, and Usman/Edwards 2 in London… UFC aint playing games we’re going back on the road.

I wonder if this means no Apex?

Who do y’all think Volk fights??

Yair? Emmet? Allen? Other?

A PPV in Brazil, then Australia, and Usman/Edwards 2 in London… UFC aint playing games we’re going back on the road.

Probably Yair. Mexican Dana White privilege and Allen has a fight with Kattar at the end of the month. Emmett arguably deserves it more, I guess Volk wanted to fight and Yair is more popular.

Interesting considering Volk has been pretty vocal about wanting to fight at 155 next and on top of that not being happy with the FW-divisions lack of contenders currently. I mean the man gave his blessing for an interim titlefight.

I'm intrigued to see what the main event will be, considering Izzy would be way too soon of a turn around (on top of the risk of him losing).

Of course they could Volk vs a LW contender for a bullshit LW-interim title fight but thats a reach.

Interesting considering Volk has been pretty vocal about wanting to fight at 155 next and on top of that not being happy with the FW-divisions lack of contenders currently. I mean the man gave his blessing for an interim titlefight.

I'm intrigued to see what the main event will be, considering Izzy would be way too soon of a turn around (on top of the risk of him losing).

Of course they could Volk vs a LW contender for a bullshit LW-interim title fight but thats a reach.
Volk isn't popular. Double champ is only done for fighters who are popular or at least are more popular then the other champ at LW, off which Volk is neither

They haven't had to use the apex for months now, yet they use it for most of their events

Volk isn't popular. Double champ is only done for fighters who are popular or at least are more popular then the other champ at LW, off which Volk is neither
He may not be a huge PPV draw. But he is P4P #1 currently and there is increasing interest to see him fight for the LW title. Dana has said he likes the idea, the media is behind it, Volk has pushed for it and most fans seem to expect him to get it. All in all it seems to be trending in that direction for better or worse. I personally think LW contenders deserve a crack first but its not like more people know of Beneil/Fiziev/Gamrot etc. than they know of Volk.

Back