UFC Fight Night 179: Holm vs. Aldana

You're not worried about Kelly fighting at bantamweight for the first time? That's the only thing that concerns me here.

Yeah it's a concern, but this interview eased it a bit. Fought at 135 a few times I guess as an amateur and said he felt great. Was 150lbs when he got the short notice call for Kamaka.

Card is pretty bad for viewing and betting imo, but next week is shaping up to be my biggest event ever, biggest play so far is Tony Kelley
i had a couple of units on Spivak and then he pulled out like an hour later lol

alright think i found something solid here. Phillips V Else Under 1.5 at 2.00.

13/14 of Else's fights have gone under 1.5, with only one getting out of round 1. He is a kill or be killed fighter in that first round. Phillip is also a very solid fighter and dangerous in that first round. Hurt silva in his debut in the first, quick KO on contender, headkick KO in LFA. Else will give him openings. Even if we gets a fluke finish which has been happening a lot lately, you are covered. Although I dont think Else is UFC lvl and Philips should roll.

Some other solid odds, Phillips by finish 1.60, U2.5 rounds is 1.50, Phillips round 1 3.20 and if you are feeling frisky Else round one is over 7.00.

5% diff from current price with -150, think he should be closer to -250
I also already have money on Kelley, I taped this guy AlQaisi and wasn't impressed at all, his tdd sucks and many of his submission wins are actually white belt guillotines against low level guys...
Moreover, I already made money by betting against him a few months ago.

Feels very good when your bet is on the guy that Sadistics also has a bet on.

Last edited:
Unfortunately after betting Frey last time out and being so high after round one, I wont be surprised to see her get subbed by Loma.

Why though? Hansen's base is sub grappling/BJJ so it was not a surprise she was ultimately able to get a submission vs Frey. (also short notice fight, Frey has wheeled out the 'I was camping in the mountains and not fully ready' excuse which has some relevance for looking great in rd 1 only to be finished in rd 3).

Loma is a Muay Thai fighter so it would be considerably more surprising if she was able to submit Frey.

Everyone made weight.

opponents-holly-holm-and-irene-aldana-of-mexico-face-off-during-the-picture-id1278060542

opponents-yorgan-de-castro-of-cape-verde-and-carlos-felipe-of-brazil-picture-id1278060559

opponents-germaine-de-randamie-of-the-netherlands-and-julianna-pena-picture-id1278060584

opponents-kyler-phillips-and-cameron-else-of-england-face-off-during-picture-id1278061619

opponents-dequan-townsend-and-dusko-todorovic-of-serbia-face-off-the-picture-id1278061663

opponents-carlos-condit-and-court-mcgee-face-off-during-the-ufc-fight-picture-id1278061688

opponents-charles-jourdain-of-canada-and-josh-culibao-of-australia-picture-id1278061733

opponents-jordan-williams-and-nassourdine-imavov-of-russia-face-off-picture-id1278061774

opponents-loma-lookboonmee-of-thailand-and-jinh-yu-frey-face-off-the-picture-id1278061780

opponents-casey-kenney-and-alatengheili-of-china-face-off-during-the-picture-id1278061832

opponents-luigi-vendramini-of-brazil-and-jessin-ayari-of-germany-face-picture-id1278061834

Cameron Else looked like he was atleast a weight class above Kyler Phillips if not two.

Im on Holm, Frey, and GRD aside from that im skipping all other bets.

Why though? Hansen's base is sub grappling/BJJ so it was not a surprise she was ultimately able to get a submission vs Frey. (also short notice fight, Frey has wheeled out the 'I was camping in the mountains and not fully ready' excuse which has some relevance for looking great in rd 1 only to be finished in rd 3).

Loma is a Muay Thai fighter so it would be considerably more surprising if she was able to submit Frey.
Exactly, plus Loma is plain horrible om the ground. I guess is a matter of which one do you think is more likely to happen: Frey getting tagged for 3 rounds or KOd and never completing a take down or Loma getting taken down repeatedly and/or submitted early.

Why do you guys favor Holm so much? I see a lot of people are on her. She is so jittery standing up. Her striking actually gets worse every fight to me. It wasnt long ago she stared at Bethe for 2.5 rds before finally landing a big kick. She just held Rocky against the cage and used graping against Anderson.

I just feel like her time has passed. I thought more people would be on Irene.

Why do you guys favor Holm so much? I see a lot of people are on her. She is so jittery standing up. Her striking actually gets worse every fight to me. It wasnt long ago she stared at Bethe for 2.5 rds before finally landing a big kick. She just held Rocky against the cage and used graping against Anderson.

im on Irene for the exact reasons. GDR too with a small hedge on Pena SUB

Was only making a joke about my disappointment after round 1 in that fight, Hansen did great turning the tables. (But if Loma submits Frey I will be forced to take credit :)

Got only Cassey Kenney, Jourdain and GDR.
One of the worst cards ever, good luck everyone

I think people, especially from the betting forum, are thinking like you, BigDrama. :)
But, here's the thing - Irene is not exactly the fighter that you can trust with your money. Almost every time she is in close fights, often with a lot less athletic and technical chicks then her. Fucking Pudilova almost beat her (and she is trash TBH), Rocky outhustled her, Bethe was doing good until the brain fart...

I actually think Condit/McGee is going to end ITD. Both are on their way out and I question the durability. The style clash can also make for many more chances of something happening.

I actually think Condit/McGee is going to end ITD. Both are on their way out and I question the durability. The style clash can also make for many more chances of something happening.
who finishes who though? All I see is condit sub, McGee is a decision machine

Back