UFC Fight Night 181: Hall vs. Silva Official Bets

What do you mean that isn’t that much of a difference? For 99% of bettors it’s the difference between winning and losing. Price-point means EVERYTHING in this game.

As I said in an earlier post, I don't really know what I'm doing with gambling, so you're likely right. I've just fucked around done things my own way. I did about 9 months of practice multis to see how I could go, and then I started using actual money. It's worked for me.

I understand how it can be a difference if every bet you're placing is winning you less than what the stake is, like winning $200 off a 1k bet. But with me .20 more or less or whatever just hasn't been a concern. First year was 74% correct and bets were all 3+ leg multis and no singles. I only did bets that were paying under 2.00 once or twice. Usually it was over 3.00. Losing 2k one week didn't matter when I would just win 2k back + another 1k or whatever the next. Most times I was in the position where I could lose 2 out of 3 cards and would sill come out about 1k or so up.

So, yeah, the odds weren't a massive deal when I was doing it like that. Just making the right picks was.

Score free $50/$115.32
Greg Hardy -310
San Fran +150

Score free $65/$188.23
Bobby green/Moises o 2.5 -200
Hardy/Greene u 1.5 -120
North Carolina -240

Bet ⭐️ $50/$208.01
Rams ml win
Greg Hardy -275
Uriah Hall -200
San Fran +3.5

$351/$300
green/Moises over 2.5 -220
Jacoby -350

San Fran and Carolina let me down but they were in a free bets so nothing lost there. Wasn’t able to watch this card live so couldn’t bet during the event but A descent $200 profit. Starting to build some parlays w that beautiful ufc 256 card loving aljamain sterling at +116

As I said in an earlier post, I don't really know what I'm doing with gambling, so you're likely right. I've just fucked around done things my own way. I did about 9 months of practice multis to see how I could go, and then I started using actual money. It's worked for me.

I understand how it can be a difference if every bet you're placing is winning you less than what the stake is, like winning $200 off a 1k bet. But with me .20 more or less or whatever just hasn't been a concern. First year was 74% correct and bets were all 3+ leg multis and no singles. I only did bets that were paying under 2.00 once or twice. Usually it was over 3.00. Losing 2k one week didn't matter when I would just win 2k back + another 1k or whatever the next. Most times I was in the position where I could lose 2 out of 3 cards and would sill come out about 1k or so up.

So, yeah, the odds weren't a massive deal when I was doing it like that. Just making the right picks was.

There’s definitely a lot to learn when you are starting out and I’m sure you’ll do well, just keep in mind that the lines you play, even in a parlay, are extremely important. Of course at the end of the day picking winners is necessary, but you are always going to lose some bets and overpaying on the losers can cripple your bankroll. It’s harder to understand the math when you are dealing with parlays, but a bad line is a bad line and combining it with other plays doesn’t change that fact. If anything, it compounds the error making it an even worse bet than it would’ve been on it‘a own. Good luck though. It’s always good to soak up whatever info you can, but most of your success will be found by trial and error.

There’s definitely a lot to learn when you are starting out and I’m sure you’ll do well, just keep in mind that the lines you play, even in a parlay, are extremely important. Of course at the end of the day picking winners is necessary, but you are always going to lose some bets and overpaying on the losers can cripple your bankroll. It’s harder to understand the math when you are dealing with parlays, but a bad line is a bad line and combining it with other plays doesn’t change that fact. If anything, it compounds the error making it an even worse bet than it would’ve been on it‘a own. Good luck though. It’s always good to soak up whatever info you can, but most of your success will be found by trial and error.

Thanks for the tips, mate. I probably do need to think of odds more, but I'm pretty mentally limited with anything to do with numbers. So far I've found systems that work for me pretty easily, but I'll definitely keep watching everyone else on here and trying to pick up things from what I see.

Thanks for the tips, mate. I probably do need to think of odds more, but I'm pretty mentally limited with anything to do with numbers. So far I've found systems that work for me pretty easily, but I'll definitely keep watching everyone else on here and trying to pick up things from what I see.

A good thing to do is use an implied probability calculator. Plug the odds into it and it gives you the percentage probability of winning. When you see what the odds are telling you in percentage chance of winning form, it makes it much easier to conceptualize whether or not you're getting value.

https://www.aceodds.com/bet-calculator/odds-converter.html

I say ....don't fix what is not broken. If you winning $500 or more each event than don't dilute your though process by other people input.

priority #1 - win money
priority #2 - ???
priority #3 - ???

Back