UFC Fight Night 81 - Dillashaw vs Cruz

Status
Not open for further replies.
GF on Cruz Browne Pettis Pearson and Cote according to Luca website.

Man Cote is tempting as a slight dog. Cote better standing and can take Saunders down if needs to albeit needs to be careful in his guard.

lines for that are higher on bet365 than on 5dimes. 5dimes odds will be (in brackets)

Joey Gomez ITD @ 6.00 (@ 3.95)
Ilir Latifi by decision @ 6.00 (@ 5.00)
Luke Sanders by decision @ 3.75 (@ 2.90)
Patrick Côté by decision @ 4.00 (@ 3.30)
Ed Herman by decision @ 7.00 (@ 5.02)
Anthony Pettis ITD @ 2.15 (@ 1.91)
Eddie Alvarez by decision @ 6.50 (@ 5.05)
Pearson/Trinaldo goes to decision @ 1.72 (@ 1.57)

left some others out

Last edited:
that is some huge differences, would be all over most of them if I could bet on bet365. people should bet them no matter what if they get those lines. so much edge

that is some huge differences, would be all over most of them if I could bet on bet365. people should bet them no matter what if they get those lines. so much edge
might go small on most of them, already on pearson/trinaldo goes to decision, Pettis ITD and Herman by decision. You reckon I should do the remaining ones even though I already have bets on Côté, Pettis and Blanco?

getting better lines than other bookies (5dimes is probably the "correct" lines for MMA) is always going to be +EV bets so I would do it

getting better lines than other bookies (5dimes is probably the "correct" lines for MMA) is always going to be +EV bets so I would do it
Those were exactly my thoughts, threw £5 (0.25 units) on all of them. Also £20 (1 unit) on Rosa/Bochniak under 2.5 rounds @ 1.80. Tempted to hit Rosa ITD @ 2.20.

Wondered where this betting thread went. lol

I'm thinking the most likely way Latifi wins is getting a stoppage early in the fight, but the longer the fight goes, the higher chance O'Connell has of winning and I don't think he should be that much of an underdog that he currently is. Latifi rnd 1 and Sean ML imo.

I'm also liking the value on Blanco versus Luke Sanders. Sanders is a tough undefeated fighter but I ultimately think Blanco gives him his first unanimous loss.

This night i dreamed that Cruz was winning the belt and i smiled when i woke up, that means i'm going to lay the money on him. What a beautiful fairytale it would be, the champ who never lost his belt, time stoled it,and now he is taking it back :eek: .

I like TJ as a fighter but there is something with him i can't stand.

This night i dreamed that Cruz was winning the belt and i smiled when i woke up, that means i'm going to lay the money on him. What a beautiful fairytale it would be, the champ who never lost his belt, time stoled it,and now he is taking it back :eek: .

I like TJ as a fighter but there is something with him i can't stand.
Sounds more like a nightmare. Another Cain champ that defends his belt every 10 years.

This night i dreamed that Cruz was winning the belt and i smiled when i woke up

Well, I had a dream that TJ was beating Cruz up in a field. Going to make a fortune on the exceedingly rare "field-fight" prop.

If anyone sees spreads go up for wade-baghdad, plz share.. Ty

FOX Sports suspends UFC analyst Kenny Florian following plagiarism controversy: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/1/1...kenny-florian-plagiarism-controversy-mma-news

Basically, Florian watched a video breakdown of a boxing legend who fought 60+ years ago and used the author's words in that breakdown word-for-word, and applied it to his breakdown of Dominick Cruz without giving any credit. If you read the community members responses, you will see Florian wasn't as sorry as he said he was.

Fox Sports suspended Florian for an unknown amount of time, and he won't be doing commentary tomorrow for the Cruz vs. Dillashaw card.

No, even if the result is overturned to NC, Yoel ML will still pay.

Thank you guys. Much appreciated. Still need some outside victories to close the deal but it would probably drive me to the crazyhouse if they all hit and Yoels got reversed.

My parlay for this weekend is Cruz, Browne, Pearson and Pettis.

Im a parlay junkie. Im just not going to fight it anymore.

Ok cool thought as much, tident you should be fine with yoel plays besides once the judges render it a W its like cement. Will be interesting to see what happens to Yoel in the future though, lets hope he is sitting down on a stool when he hears his fate.

Crazy news Kenny suspended and Nick diaz vs Robbie Lawler potentially next !

Here's my bets for the next few days:

6 units on TJ - I'm surprised it's near even. I think Cruz will have a lot of trouble with his constant feinting and throwing out non-committal punches to bait and gauge Cruz's responses. Cruz reacts in big, committed motions and TJ is throwing out so much static that it's incredibly hard to predict when he's going to commit to an attack and where it's coming from. Also expect TJ's ability to close distance and pressure to give Cruz fits. Cruz is a lot more hittable when he's being pushed backwards and not given room to dart and pivot. Cruz may have a wrestling advantage, but I don't think he's the better positional grappler. I don't see him doing much of significance on the ground, if he can even get it there. He might have better offensive wrestling, but TJ's TDD is superb. Cruz might be better in the clinch, but I don't think he'll be able to control TJ for long there.

I still reckon Cruz will be able to secure the better positions once on the ground, those bjj scout videos showed just how good cruz is at gaining better positions and cruz made adjustments instead of throwing 30-40% power in his gnp he went to 60-80% and mixed them in, opponents would cave in alone with that approach since they did not know what was coming next. But I do agree tj does cover and close the distance well, course with 2 guys with such great speed and footwork we get to see if cruz still is the champ :)

I'm also liking the value on Blanco versus Luke Sanders. Sanders is a tough undefeated fighter but I ultimately think Blanco gives him his first unanimous loss.

I liked luke in his few YT fights I saw, really gritty and strong in the clinches with solid ttd he is willing to eat some to get his own grinding offence going on, but I do have to admit blanco is the firm fav going in, that guy just has a crazy pace with high volume in r1, r2, sanders may find he needs a r3 finish to win otherwise blanco by decision I feel happens.

GF on Cruz Browne Pettis Pearson and Cote according to Luca website.

Man Cote is tempting as a slight dog. Cote better standing and can take Saunders down if needs to albeit needs to be careful in his guard.

Yeah cote is tempting, probably better he does not take the fight to the ground at all or does his best to get back to his feet.

I think 2 weeks of debating pearson and trinaldo has been more then enough, was surprised quite a few mma sites picking trinaldo even sherdogs prediction preview! and as much as I do rate and think pearson is better, Trinaldo via split decision is in the back of my mind !

Nick diaz vs Robbie Lawler potentially next !
meh dana just said he 'likes it'. i dont think it happen and i sure as hell hope it doesnt. woodleys been fucked over enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back