UFC Fight Night - Barboza vs Chikadze - Offical discussion

2020Tracked

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210822-135444_Chrome.jpg

This is the card as it stands, lots of fights falling out and other fights filling in. I haven't watched a second of TUF so I have no idea about those fights, and over all this card is a bit of a mess, as usual.

Like Barboza after tape, and I am slightly leaning Rodriguez

Saturday August 28.2021 at 07:00 PM eastern
U.S. Broadcast: ESPN | Prelims: ESPN+
UFC Fight Night: Barboza vs. Chikadze, UFC Vegas 35, UFC APEX
Las Vegas, Nevada - MMA Bouts: 12

https://twitter.com/hashtag/UFCVegas35?src=hashtag_click&f=live

Edson Barboza turns 36 in January 2022

Giga Chikadze turns 33 on Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Barboza quote:

"It’s a fight between two excellent strikers. He’s excellent and I’ve proven that I’m one of the best in the division and in the UFC. It’s a perfect matchup. We are two brawlers and it’s going to be really cool. He’s undefeated, but he hasn’t faced the top guys in the division yet. He hasn’t been really tested yet.

On the other hand, I have been tested against everyone in the division above. I’ve studied him with my coaches and he has many gaps in his game. I’ll try to exploit his flaws. It’s going to be a war. The most important thing is that I’ve been performing better. If you watch that fight against Ige and then the one against Amirkhani and then my last one, you’ll see how I’ve been improving. I’ve been getting more comfortable in the division, more aware of my body. I was still a bit afraid of cutting that much weight. I’ll be even better, physically, for this fight, so I’ll perform better. I’m in my best shape and my mind is stronger than ever. There’s no doubt it’s going to be the best Edson Barboza to ever step into the Octagon.

Definitely this fight puts me really close to the title shot. I really believe if I win this fight and one more fight for my chance at the title shot. I feel I need two more steps in my career to get my chance at the title shot. One this next one fight. One more fight after that. I really feel I need two more steps, I’m on the way.

It’s a lot like the fight with Shane Burgos, it’s the type of fight that makes me excited. I’m a real fan, and I know it’s going to be a fun fight. It’s a main event, 25 minutes, and it’s the type of fight that makes me say yes right away. I’m sure it’s going to be a great fight. I’m looking for a war. Every time I step in there, I’m ready for war and to throw some bombs.”

- Edson Barboza

Last edited:
Wait is Alhassan fighting Di Chirico or Braga Neto? I put a bet in on Braga Neto at +100 last night on BAS...I think he throttles Alhassan...if that's actually the fight LMAO.

Do we think Stewart has enough power to stop Jacoby? Leaning towards Dustin, but he's not exactly a defensive whiz, and Darren is no stranger to picking up comeback KO's.

Wait is Alhassan fighting Di Chirico or Braga Neto? I put a bet in on Braga Neto at +100 last night on BAS...I think he throttles Alhassan...if that's actually the fight LMAO.

Yes Alhassan is fighting Neto, Di Chirico was supposed to fight Khizriev who is now off the card, not sure if Di Chirico will get an alternate opponent in time.

Yes Alhassan is fighting Neto, Di Chirico was supposed to fight Khizriev who is now off the card, not sure if Di Chirico will get an alternate opponent in time.
I don’t think so. Line was removed from bol today.

Neto is out because he's a big fat fuck.

Did anyone actually watch TUF and know what these guys are about?

Didn't. Just know Alhassan was probably gonna get tapped by that chubby fuck but now my bet is cancelled.

neto cancelled little while ago, it's alhassan vs chirico now
^ I think my play of fading Abdul will remain the same, unless Di Chirico opens as a moderate fav. Alessio has never been stopped and has been competitive in the striking with guys like Muradov and Holland, should be able to handle Alhassan's predictable approach.

So I’m pretty sure bol just moved lines on their openers based on who I wanted to bet on without accepting my bet. Two times in a row on Brian battle

And it’s happened before

I'd definitely consider a decent play on Di Chirico, he's pretty durable and faced decent opposition despite losing a few. Everyone should know by now that Alhassan is round 1 or bust, if Di Chirico survives the initial onslaught he will cruise to an easy win when Alhassan gasses out.

Jamall Emmers my first pick. Well rounded fighter, could have been the main event of this card if the judges didn't rob him.

lol @ this piece of dog shit card. no offense to the fighters or any of you degens for betting on it but taking another weekend off - bol
Strickland Hall and Gastelum Cannonier were shit on paper but they had good fights. Caring about name value is some casual shit. I think there is some decent value on this card.

Back