UFC Fight Night - Barboza vs Chikadze - Offical discussion

I think that If what GM3 said is true and want to be in Muradov face it will be pretty quick KO/TKO by Muradov. If not, probably Muradov KO in rd2 or rd3 is live. Muradov will go for flashy finish. I even feel pretty bad for GM3, bad matchup for him.

could always live bet him after first round to avoid most of razak's win condition, but i think chirico rolls. if he's smart he'll also use his wrestling which i think will have great success.

Agreed but second round Chirico could be even a bigger favorite. And then you could get effed by the goofs judging the fight.

I think that If what GM3 said is true and want to be in Muradov face it will be pretty quick KO/TKO by Muradov. If not, probably Muradov KO in rd2 or rd3 is live. Muradov will go for flashy finish. I even feel pretty bad for GM3, bad matchup for him.

Ya not quite sure why they keep setting GM3 up for getting absolutely face fucked but this is like 3 times in the last few years now.

Hard for me not to like Barboza at the current price. Maybe I'm playing mma math but still. Braboza went 3 rounds with Khabib and had Kevin Lee doing the chicken dance at 155. Giga's best win is Swanson who he had a range/ stylist advantage over, and he had trouble with Rivera who moved up from 135. I might not be giving Giga enough credit, his kickboxing is really good, to me it just seems like Barboza is a little bit better in most areas. Edson has faced a much much higher caliber of opponents as well.

Hard for me not to like Barboza at the current price. Maybe I'm playing mma math but still. Braboza went 3 rounds with Khabib and had Kevin Lee doing the chicken dance at 155. Giga's best win is Swanson who he had a range/ stylist advantage over, and he had trouble with Rivera who moved up from 135. I might not be giving Giga enough credit, his kickboxing is really good, to me it just seems like Barboza is a little bit better in most areas. Edson has faced a much much higher caliber of opponents as well.

I think you mean Barboza survived for 3 rounds with Khabib lol. That's one of the worst massacres I have ever seen in my life outside of another Barboza fight where he ripped Hooker's guts out of his body and rearranged his organs.
That said, I'd probably be betting Barboza too if I were watching the fights. BOL

Petroski inside -200 Seems fairly straightforward. Elite wrestler and gillmore while on short notice showed he can be taken down and subbed quite quickly and easily. Petroski should be able to have plenty of opportunities for ground and pound/rear naked choke.

I have a hard time believing though that Giga would lose to some of the guys that Edson has lost to, while I lean on Giga , I know Edson could pull off a win too.

Di Chirico has no place losing to Al Hassan. Never been stopped and Razaks looked like shit and against not-great competition. For some reason I still have bad feeling playing the Italian.
Alessio has good fight iq , I think he goes in there and wrestle's him and gets a sub.

I think you mean Barboza survived for 3 rounds with Khabib lol. That's one of the worst massacres I have ever seen in my life outside of another Barboza fight where he ripped Hooker's guts out of his body and rearranged his organs.
That said, I'd probably be betting Barboza too if I were watching the fights. BOL
Very good point, still more than alot of Khabibs opponents. Yeah Barboza specializes in alot of the same weapons as Giga. That Hooker fight was brutal, Dan is tough as they come.

I have a hard time believing though that Giga would lose to some of the guys that Edson has lost to, while I lean on Giga , I know Edson could pull off a win too.
Like a few people I thought he beat Ige. That Felder fight was as close as they come as well. Either way Edson is still pretty young and he has one of the most impressive highlight reels of finishes in the UFC. Giga is much more new in the mma game and suffered a loss early on contender series. Any man's fight though, they have fairly similar skill sets.

Muradov is 5:1 favorite ATM...... He should def win and by TKO IMO but mannnn those are some wide odds. Gerald is underrated and way better than his UFC record not long ago he got robbed against Holland and Anders
Meerschaert sub +900...

Guido Cannetti (135.5) vs. Mana Martinez (140)*
* Martinez was fined 30 percent of his purse, but the bout will go on as scheduled

opponents-edson-barboza-of-brazil-and-giga-chikadze-of-georgia-face-picture-id1336716572

opponents-bryan-battle-and-gilbert-urbina-face-off-during-the-ufc-picture-id1336716533

opponents-ricky-turcios-and-brady-hiestand-face-off-during-the-ufc-picture-id1336716507

opponents-kevin-lee-and-daniel-rodriguez-face-off-during-the-ufc-picture-id1336716496

opponents-andre-petroski-and-michael-gillmore-face-off-during-the-ufc-picture-id1336716491

opponents-sam-alvey-and-wellington-turman-of-brazil-face-off-during-picture-id1336716254

opponents-alessio-di-chirico-of-italy-and-abdul-razak-alhassan-face-picture-id1336716241

opponents-makhmud-muradov-of-tajikistan-and-gerald-meerschaert-face-picture-id1336716210

opponents-dustin-jacoby-and-darren-stewart-of-england-face-off-during-picture-id1336715466

opponents-jj-aldrich-and-vanessa-demopoulos-face-off-during-the-ufc-picture-id1336715453

opponents-jamall-emmers-and-pat-sabatini-face-off-during-the-ufc-picture-id1336715438

opponents-mana-martinez-and-guido-cannetti-of-argentina-face-off-the-picture-id1336715423

Sam Alvey with a juicy KO line tbh
Very tempting. Alvey is a very dangerous guy. He isn't a great fighter overall, but he can stop a takedown and is a good counterpuncher against anyone who tries to overextend against him. Could have easily gotten the decisions against Jung and Spann.

Very tempting. Alvey is a very dangerous guy. He isn't a great fighter overall, but he can stop a takedown and is a good counterpuncher against anyone who tries to overextend against him. Could have easily gotten the decisions against Jung and Spann.
Yep, and Turman has been brutally KO'd in in his last 2 fights. Granted, his last opponent was a monster lol.

Back