UFC Fight Night: Blaydes vs. Lewis

@Sadistics Thoughts on the Anthony Smith fight now that it's 5 rounds instead of 3?

I think his line will go down. People saw him gas against Glover, but Glover has top control and BJJ that Clark doesn't have.

I've never seen Clark go past 3, but I think he has the cardio for it.

It makes me like Smith even more. Main event experience is pretty valuable and Smith's last 5/6 fights have been 5 round main events while this will be Clarks first (and last). Of the styles each will try to employ, Clarks should be more cardio intensive. It also gives Smith 10 extra minutes to find a finish. I added $600 Smith ITD +175 once this was finalized

Did Ostovich have those giant boobs already in the Vanzant fight? If not this would be another reason for me to fade her. How can you fight with such watermelons?

Ostovich to hurt her opponent with a liver shot, run in for the finish ala Pete Sell/Scott Smith and get knocked out by her own massive tits.

What are everyones thoughts on Ostovich / Mazany not going the distance? I could see a Mazany finish by strikes or Ostovich sub. Both have a history of finishes / being finished

What are everyones thoughts on Ostovich / Mazany not going the distance? I could see a Mazany finish by strikes or Ostovich sub. Both have a history of finishes / being finished
I agree, did a few longshot parlays with both girl fights ITD. I see paths for each fighter. I actually think Ostovich could even get a KO vs Mazany but she loves to grapple so that's doubtful she goes that route of blitzing Mazany like Macy and Avila did. As the fight goes on I think Mazany could wear on Ostovich and eventually find a sub or GNP. Similar thoughts on Dumont/ AES. I can see an early finish by Dumont, much more powerful and strong leg kicks which would help as fight goes on. But I'm unsure of Dumont's cardio which leads me to think AES could wear on her and get a GNP victory eventually similar to her fight with Macedo.

Prelims start at 8 eastern (7 central) with all the cancellations? Is that right?

I originally thought Clark may be able to do just enough to grind out a 3 rd decision but 5 rounds just gives Smith 2 more rounds to get the finish against a fighter who has never been past 3.

Thing is, Clark always looks fresh after rd3 ends. Smith does not.

Smith better hope Clark fades.

I could see Smith's BJJ finally coming into play in rds4/5 if Clark gets sloppy.

AES weigh in attire was doing its thing top n bottom.....

O6tF5JN.jpeg

You mean my analysis here is "fuck all", compared to your analysis of "AES once beat Marion Reneau", which anyone who actually watched the fight knows was one of the worst robberies of 2016, AND is completely irrelevant to boot, since Reneau had the worst takedown defense in the entire UFC at the time?

It's downright criminal that you charge money on BetMMA for your garbage picks.
For a start, I haven't charged anyone ever or even tracked in ages. I don't need a token amount in passive income when I can make money perfectly fine just betting.

Secondly, that link leads to nothing.

Thirdly, your analysis is the same old 'she can throw a cross properly' nonsense that leads to nothing of value and never has. Not to mention Smith mostly struck with Reneau who you have previously claimed was one of the best strikers in WMMA.

Everything you say, as always, is garbage.

Mazany -213? Ostovich sucks but so does Gina. Interested to know why you'd include her at these odds. I think it's more a pick 'em fight honestly, value on Ostovich.

Oh I missed the line movement on all of those.

I still think there's value, and I'm really low on Ostovich.

I think the parlay still has value, but if I made it 3 days ago it would pay probably +1400

Oh I missed the line movement on all of those.

I still think there's value, and I'm really low on Ostovich.

I think the parlay still has value, but if I made it 3 days ago it would pay probably +1400

Ostovich is definitely among the worst on the roster...I just think Mazany is too. That said, it's not like I'd be surprised if Mazany ends up looking like -350 because she blitzes Ostovich and Rachel just looks for a way out. I don't think Ostovich actually likes fighting much, or at least she hates getting hit. But...I could also see Ostovich outrgrappling and even subbing Mazany. For such a low level scrub match, it's still interesting imo.

Everything you say, as always, is garbage.

I couldn't have said it any better myself, Jordie. Everything you say is indeed garbage.

How much did you lose on Evans-Smith this time? Or did you go bust a long time ago and are now making fantasy bets on here?

This Parisian-porter fight seems like a classic example of inflated contender series hype, wiki capping, and recency bias. Two first round finishes that really didn’t prove a whole lot. One by a spinning back fist - as someone who bet porter, I want Parisian to throw spinning shit as the chances that he gets countered are much higher than that of it actually being successful. Other one was his most recent bout vs Chad Johnson. Not only was Johnson outweighed by 50 (!) pounds, he’s not exactly an example of high caliber competition. Even so, he was able to tag Parisian heavy before laughably going for a takedown.

It is insane how bad the competition Parisian has defeated to get here, and he had to battle serious adversity virtually every fight. This has given him a reputation of a tough grinder who will get that late finish, but why the fuck is he getting rocked and slammed by 3-6 and 8-11 competition? Not only that, these are guys who are either in their 40s or dwarfed by 40-50 pounds, or both. It’s no coincidence these cans are having success too, Parisian has horrible striking technique and extremely basic grappling by any standard aside from heavyweight. Even so, he’s only able to get these guys down when they’re so exhausted they can’t even walk (obviously exasperated by weight edge). Also, the last time Parisian even got to a r3 was in 2017 where he won a majority decision over a 6-5 fighter, so his cardio edge isn’t as much of a certainty as most are making it out to be.

Crazy recency bias with porter. If one where to actually look at his fights, that would see that he has serviceable boxing, solid takedowns, and great tdd. He arguably holds the edge over josh in all those areas. Cutting from 290 on 6 days notice against a much more skilled fighter than Parisian isn’t a true representation of porter as a fighter. His durability was questioned, but the nascimento fight should silence that as porter took approximately 3x the punishment as nas did before finally falling. Josh has horrible technique which lends to very little power, the public is impressed by his finish-heavy record but these are all from gnp.

Porters last opponent before the ufc (1 year ago) looks far better than anybody Parisian has ever fought. That fight couldnt have been higher paced by heavyweight standards, and porter one punched him late into round 3. In fact porter likes to push that pace himself in basically all his fights. Given the full camp, it’s much more likely that version of porter comes out. No matter what, I will happily give away my 4u on Porter +190 as I have to cap him -125 here. Skill for skill, it should be more but Parisian does seem like a tough bastard and looked marginally improved in his most recent fight, and of course there is that chance porter comes out flat. This is low level heavyweight after all, but value is value.

Thanks for this analysis bro. Followed your advice and went with Porter, cheers!

Back