UFC Fight Night: Edwards vs Muhammad

DonQ94

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/74857-ufc-fight-night

Pre-tape I'm liking Tucker and Anders at current prices. I feel like Tucker is a more technical striker compared to Ige and the grappling is close. The Rick Glenn fight is still a negative asterisk for Tucker, but he looked great recently and think he hit the next level.

Stewart looked pretty decent against Holland but that fight against Fabianski where he got grapple fucked easily is still recent. Anders should be able to use a similar game plan.

Pre-tape I'm liking Tucker and Anders at current prices. I feel like Tucker is a more technical striker compared to Ige and the grappling is close. The Rick Glenn fight is still a negative asterisk for Tucker, but he looked great recently and think he hit the next level.

Stewart looked pretty decent against Holland but that fight against Fabianski where he got grapple fucked easily is still recent. Anders should be able to use a similar game plan.

Anders is dog shit bud.

I do 1 or 2 parlays a week

UFC Vegas 21, UFC Fight Night 187, UFC on ESPN+ 45,
Saturday, March 13, 2021, Las Vegas, Nevada

parlay
+347

Leon Edwards -255 "Rocky"
Angela Hill -360 "Overkill"

Charles Jourdain -250 "Air"
Rani Yahya -290 "The Grappler"
Jonathan Martinez -300 "Dragon"

"Offensively, Charles Jourdain is extremely gifted. He doesn’t tend to wrestle but on top, he’s really talented with hunting for submissions and transitions. On the feet is where he does his best work. “Air” Jourdain loves to throw caution to the wind and that includes a jumping roundhouse kick and definitely the flying knee. He meshes in his kicks and strikes very well and his speed is a big factor. Jourdain throws in flurries throwing from a lot of different angles throwing at an unpredictable output. He also has solid cardio and can fight at a solid pace, especially for three rounds."

"Rani Yahya, age 36, is a dangerous submission artist who won gold at the 2007 ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championships in New Jersey. He's used that knowledge into an incredible 6 submission victories inside the UFC."

Uses leg kicks

https://www.overtimeheroics.net/2021/03/02/interview-with-rani-yahya/

Last edited:

Gavin went to thailand for a while and trained in muay thai, i think he would beat Rick Glenn if they fought today.

Don Madge

This is a steal at 250+

Muay thai background and can wrestle.

Angela Hill
J.J. Aldrich
Gavin Tucker / Dan Split 50/50
Marcelo Rojo
Misha Cirkunov
Belal Muhammad/Leon Edwards Split 50/50
Don Madge
Rani Yahya
Ben Rothwell
Gloria de Paula
Eryk Anders/Darren (split 50/50)
Jonathan Martinez
Jason Witt

Let me know if you guys want to debate about these three fights?

Gavin Tucker / Dan Split 50/50
Eryk Anders/Darren (split 50/50)
Belal Muhammad/Leon Edwards Split 50/50

Last edited:
first look:

• if leon gets to around -200 i'm buying. I think belal is 1 level below Leon, even if he's been off for quite a long time.
  • Rothwell/Lins goes over 1.5R I think. My bookie hasn't set up props yet but if it's near -150 i'll buy it
  • gonna have to do some more in depth taping to see if Grant has any chance against Martinez. My first instinct is that Martinez is a little juiced at -300

Fabinski is a relentless grappler with i'd say average or better gas tank. Anders's grappling sucks. He is all about brute strength and his gas tank has gotten worse over time. He is no where near the level he showed vs. Thiago Santos. Never seen Anders with grappling heavy game plan. He either knocks you out in R1 or gasses and loses by decision. He tried to panic clinch and wrestle against Jotko but it was because he got lit up on the feet. He hasn't done anything spectacular since he KO'd old Natal. He even found a way to give up rounds against Tim Fucking Williams. Not even talking about losing to Elias Theodorou and barely squeezing out split decision vs Meerschaert who is stiff as a board. Rountree dropped him like 5 times?

Last edited:
I think Edwards wins, but can't play him at his current price due to his long layoff, and Belal having improved a lot.

Prob just about to hammer Francis at -150 and skip this card

Anybody else think Belal's leg is probably still chewed up from Lima? Also does Belal have the cardio to maintain his style over 5 rounds?

Last edited:
After's Tucker's last fight where he had the most TDs? will Tucker be able to pull it off again agaisnt Dan Ige? we shall see for that reason as well i like to go in on Tucker.
Ray Rodriguez is sightly younger then Yahya. Yahya in the last fight agaisnt Barzola resulted in a majority draw, again which was fair Yahya still has that dangerous submission and grappling. But i dont mind taking a shot on Rodriguez.

For the main event i think Belal likely wins it but i can see why some are seeing how Edwards might have a chance.

Not sure if the ring rust gets to him but Edwards is shredded. First thoughts are he stuffs Belal's grappling and takes over with his boxing the longer the fight goes.

Anybody else think Belal's leg is probably still chewed up from Lima? Also does Belal have the cardio to maintain his style over 5 rounds?
leon isnt a calf kicker, he targets the back of the thigh. i think belal has the wrestling to chop time away from striking. and that picture shows how smal his calves are. he has that jon jones calves

Last edited:
Fabinski is a relentless grappler with i'd say average or better gas tank. Anders's grappling sucks. He is all about brute strength and his gas tank has gotten worse over time. He is no where near the level he showed vs. Thiago Santos. Never seen Anders with grappling heavy game plan. He either knocks you out in R1 or gasses and loses by decision. He tried to panic clinch and wrestle against Jotko but it was because he got lit up on the feet. He hasn't done anything spectacular since he KO'd old Natal. He even found a way to give up rounds against Tim Fucking Williams. Not even talking about losing to Elias Theodorou and barely squeezing out split decision vs Meerschaert who is stiff as a board. Rountree dropped him like 5 times?
Look at him now

Muscles don't win fights.
He looks leaner. So his cardio will be up. I think he has a good shot, Daren Stewart has no wrestling background, decent takedowns, but he is a generalist, I can see Anders stuffing his takedowns. He beat Brandon Allen, he matches stylistically against these types of fighters. His weakness is a striker who is faster or more technical on the feet.

He looks leaner. So his cardio will be up. I think he has a good shot, Daren Stewart has no wrestling background, decent takedowns, but he is a generalist, I can see Anders stuffing his takedowns. He beat Brandon Allen, he matches stylistically against these types of fighters. His weakness is a striker who is faster or more technical on the feet.
Huh? Darren Stewart isn’t going to try to take down Anders and he is a faster more technical striker

Huh? Darren Stewart isn’t going to try to take down Anders and he is a faster more technical striker
i have him on a seperate parlay,, im just hoping anders kos him with a punch.

This is what happens when your trying to make 99k with 19 dollars.

To be fair Eric holds wins on Gerald Gm3 , Brendon Allen, And Markus Perez, Stewart doesn't have an impressive win on his record.

Last edited:
Anders is one of those guys that is clearly more athlete than fighter, tons of heart, that was a hell of a beating he took from Roundtree, in fact, that was the type of beating that could take years off of your career. Overall though, he just isn't that skilled and I don't believe he is young enough that he is capable of massive improvements in his game. I would fade him against most people to be honest.

Back