UFC Fight Night: Font vs. Garbrandt

You're picking Damir AND Yancy?
I like Dvorak a lot (before studying tape), his hands are so fast and Paiva never impressed me iirc.

Yes Im picking both... Oh wait I just realized theres 2 Damirs on this card lmaoooo

by Damir i mean im picking Damir Ismagulov not Hadzovic

#UFCVegas27

pre-lims start at 4:00 pm eastern on Saturday, May 22

Props to consider

Justin Tafa by KO -125 "Bad Man"
Ben Rothwell by KO +130
Rob Font by KO +165

Damir Ismagulov decision -125
Josh Culibao dec +110
David Dvorak dec +145
Yan Xiaonan dec +150
Bill Algeo dec +160
Felicia Spencer dec +185

Edited

Last edited:
i think font and cody are gonna study each other in the first rd. they are both heavy hitters with a boxing approach, and i expect cody to be gunshy as he was vs assuncao. someone should be able to knock the other stiff in the first couple exchanges after that tho. i don't think this one goes past the second, especially considering cody's chin. font seems to have a reach advantage and throws crisp straight punches and although cody's combos are mostly hooks, he is so freaking fast. and he def has the power to hurt font, who has been hurt before.

Don't bother, take the u2.5.

u1.5, if it's set at that, is a bit riskier imo given that i really expect a tentative first rd. It has a good chance to hit, just like the 2.5 better.

Where is everyone seeing under 2.5 or 1.5 for font Garbrabdt fight best fight odds has it at 3.5 -115 either way?

Love Font in this one. Got him at + odds. I'm a happy man.

Claudio Silva to beat McGee is only -115? What am i missing, McGee is so finished

Silva has looked really bad lately, has no gas after around 3 minuets and isn't at all effective in the stand up.

Give me the dog

Silva has looked really bad lately, has no gas after around 3 minuets and isn't at all effective in the stand up.

Give me the dog
its currently a pic em fight, both guys favourites at - money

alpar is pretty small for a 135er. 5'4 63 inches of reach compared to loopy who is 5'2 63 inches of reach
yeah but still alpar always fights at 135 and Godinez at 115, 20 lbs is huge. Godinez might even weigh in at like 130 or something.

I want vintage Cody performance but Font is a tough task.
Sentimental pick failed with Tony lets see how it holds up now lol.

Give me the dog
If you go back and watch the Krause fight silva actually gets a little bit of a second wind in the 3rd round and is more active, true his stand up isn't very effective but he does have that decent inside kick that chewed up Krause's knee, pre tape i wanted to bet silva, post tape i still lean silva but not worth a bet imo, this could have split dec written all over it

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Esparza this week. Got to feel like Xiaonan spends loads of time on the bottom under the pressure of Esparza's top game. Had it not been for the terrible cardio of Gadelha, I feel like Claudia should have had the third round against Xiaonan. Clearly she took the second round off, but even in doing so didn't have the energy to go for the takedowns in the third. Xiaonan wasn't exactly bad getting back up in the first, but Claudia's top game doesn't appear to be as suffocating as Esparza's. I also feel like for the volume Xiaonan puts out, she's not the dangerous striker Rodriguez is, more basic in my eyes.

Back