UFC Fight Night: Makhachev vs. Dos Anjos Official Bets

What an annoying event. Finally taped fights seriously like I used to before getting heavily into tennis bets, but too many turned out to be unknowable duds based on random variables (Mayes-Martinez, Granger-Yoder, Morono-McKee) or called off entirely (Anders-Arroyo). I'm left with a paltry

1.5u on Murata by decision at +125

Won my sole pre-bet, but added

1u on Hansen at -180
2u on Granger at -160 after round 1

which both lost, leaving me with -1.2u on the night. A little salty that I had a small minus card given how on-point most of my analysis was. Unfortunately, Hansen was blatantly robbed, and Granger, after winning a close round 1 and showing better wrestling and striking, and then winning the first half of round 2 clearly...just lost on cardio. To a fighter with mediocre cardio in Yoder.

No real regrets. Even thinking more about the Murata by decision bet, there was some danger with Murata's topgame improvement.

£75 RDA decision +150 to win £112.50

£100 Alhassan rd 1 +110 to win £110
£5 Alhassan / Williams draw +8000 to win £400

£300 Yoder +135 to win £405
(£20 free bet) Granger rd 1 +1000 to win £200

£236.35 Allen +110 to win £259.98

£102 Hansen ITD +300 to win £306

£40 Murata sub +500 to win £200

Added during event...
Live bet... £50 McKenna (after rd 2) +240 to win £120
Net Profit:
£154.15

*A little unlucky Murata and Hansen didn't get the sub.

I need a place to vent and I have nowhere else where I really can. I lost in a horrific way because of the Hansen decision and I am in a really bad headspace at the moment. Genuinely feeling suicidal. I had a $4300 leg parlay on RDA, Murata, Gravely, Mayes, and Hansen to win $23000. I was in a terrible place before and impulsively made this gamble hoping and thinking that the $23k would jumpstart turning my life around. I thought that it was sealed after the Murata win and had soaring hopes. Now it all seems completely void of hope when I was already hopeless.

If you need someone to talk to, PM me brother.

I need a place to vent and I have nowhere else where I really can. I lost in a horrific way because of the Hansen decision and I am in a really bad headspace at the moment. Genuinely feeling suicidal. I had a $4300 leg parlay on RDA, Murata, Gravely, Mayes, and Hansen to win $23000. I was in a terrible place before and impulsively made this gamble hoping and thinking that the $23k would jumpstart turning my life around. I thought that it was sealed after the Murata win and had soaring hopes. Now it all seems completely void of hope when I was already hopeless.

Sorry for your loss

I've been there before, man. Sorry for the loss... It's a sick game we play sometimes. I know it sounds farfetched at the moment, but things will turn around for you in your personal and betting life if you keep a positive mindset and have determination to get better in both. I also respect your honesty about the situation and the fact you're openly talking about it here. If you need to talk about anything, feel free to PM me. Genuinely hope you feel better soon, man

RDA/Felder GTD -140 $700

Al Hassan -165 $1000
Al Hassan RD1 +106 $750

Smolka -130 $1500
Smolka NSC -180 $450

Hansen -134 $1400
Hansen SUB +480 $100

Yoder +130 $1600

Mayes/Martinez O1.5 -107 $925
Mayes/Martinez O2 -104 $500
Mayes DEC +700 $150

Morono +126 $1250

Gonna have some nutty lines over the next few cards after catching those lines DSI and clones released for a couple hours.

+$6136. Strickland did turn out to be great LB, 2 cuts in 1 week for Allen was evident, seemed he gassed in under a minute. Idk how to cap Khaos going forward, barely knew how to throw a punch pre UFC and now this. I gave him 0 respect and got greedy, should've taken u1.5.

Rough. If you continue betting, remember it's a marathon not a sprint, and parlays are mathematically -EV

Alhassan RD1 1u +125

Yoder 1u +125
Yoder 1u +140

Yoder SUB 0.4u +850

McKenna DEC 0.35u +275

Not supremely confident in Yoder, but I do slightly favor her and she's at plus odds (I was a little surprised by the line movement and just had to add another unit). And definitely not confindent in McKenna, lol.

Got Murata at near evens against Souza, and now she's -200 against Markos? I guess I'm alone in thinking that Markos is actually the tougher opponent of the two. Perhaps less of a sub threat so I guess people see this as the safer fight.

Had a free bet on Smolka SUB but apparently that fight is now off, too. Should have waited and maybe put that on Markos at +177 - results would likely stay the same, though. Markos will probably concentrate on defending the takedowns, get taken down anyway and then be stuck in the bottom position unless she can somehow get an armbar.
Man, Yoder was so close to getting that sub at the end. I'd much rather have won that than the McKenna decision. The questionable honor of the worst scorecard of the night, however, goes to Chris Lee for scoring the main event 48-47 Felder. Imagine having bet Dos Anjos by unanimous decision.

I suppose I should have trusted Murata. I was just so disappointed when I saw the price, and didn't want to bet her dec line either. Still happy with the result: +2.2u

My number one piece of advice to any gambler on here that hasn't made $2000 every couple of months consistently is to not bet anywhere close to that amount. Keep your unit size at $50 or $100 if you have to. Don't force anything. You need to look at this like you're a stock broker and not a degenerate gambler. You need to set rules for yourself and you need to stick to them. It's incredibly difficult because of the rush and when you see dudes on here dropping 5000 on a single fight, it's easy to lose control.

-Don't parlay anything other than a 2 leg with 1 unit or more. Anything more than 2 legs and you should be betting like $5 tops.
-Don't chase your losses during an event.
-Don't increase your unit size until you've won consistently for 6 months straight.
-Don't bet WMMA heavy

DO NOT HURT YOURSELF OVER CASH!!

Not sure your age but I'm 47. I've been near dead broke countless times. I've felt what you are feeling numerous times. If I had ended it all during one of those times I'd have missed so many great moments. Meeting my wife. The birth of my daughter. Watching her grow up and accomplish so much.

Like sadistics said....gambling is a marathon. But brother, so is life. And as bad as you feel now, I'm 100% sure your best days are ahead of you.

Chin up big fella. Its never as dark as it seems. Get back to what you enjoy doing, get some positivity back

Damn rough I would say take a break and bet smaller for sure. When you are down that big you aren’t winning it back in one bet. I know it’s hard not to chase hard after a big loss but some time off sweating bets will do wonders. Good luck and you may feel like crapt now but over time you will be fine.

Hang in there brother. Things always have a way of turning around eventually. Gambling can be horrific to your mental health. Might want to consider taking an extended break. It’s unlikely to get you where you want to be financially and definitely not worth your sanity. Good luck and keep your chin up. Better days are ahead.

Betrivers may have the best promo code around. 250 deposit bonus with 1x rollover.

So this is all a freeroll.

100$ Yoder +135
100$ RDA sub +600
25$ RDA rd4 +2200
25$ RDA rd5 +3000

Even if I only hit on Yoder, they give me 250$ on top of what I've won.

So I made a few extra bets and posted them in the PBP thread.

-115 from these, +120ish on Yoder ITD, +105 on Strickland, AND I completely forgot about this parlay.

I was expecting around xxxx money to be in my account, but there was like 220 more. I check my transactions, and there's this, nice surprise.

So 330 was my profit for the night or so.

I threw so much on football bets last night after I hit a few bets, and I'm these edibles are winning the battle, so I'll rally it all up tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20201115_100839.jpg
    20201115_100839.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 6
Felder £1000 @ +162
Felder KO £500 @ +550
RDA RD 4 + 5 £100 @ +2200 & +3000
Abdul Razak RD 2 £250 @ +700
Strickland KO £300 @ +450

+£3350.
After watching Felders interview on the prelims where his eyeball looked like it was about to fall out of his head it gave me anxiety. So I ended up cashing out the Felder bet and just put £500 on Felder to win. Hit another parlay for £2.6k so overall content.

Attachments

• bets2.jpg
    bets2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back