UFC Fight Night: Moraes vs. Sandhagen

Aspinall's boxing is too good, but no heavyweight fight should have a heavy favourite like this...

Baduot is a last second replacement, he is a LHW, and his opponent is a natural HW that is carrying around a low amount of body fat for a 250 pound fighter.

Baduot was knocked out cold in the first minute when he fought current UFC LHW Dalcha Lungiambula for a different promotion. Dalcha is 5"8 and fights at his walk around weight. Dalcha has heavy hands and is a skilled striker, but no where near the pedigree of Aspinall, who has even better BJJ than striking.

Unless Aspinall tears his ACL walking into the cage Baduot is going to be unconscious when the fight ends. Aspinall should be -1000, there is just nothing in this fight that favors Baduot.

Aljamain picks Sandhagen - saying the UFC is showing Moraes clips (his loss especially) and wants Moraes to win.

Baduot is a last second replacement, he is a LHW, and his opponent is a natural HW that is carrying around a low amount of body fat for a 250 pound fighter.

Baduot was knocked out cold in the first minute when he fought current UFC LHW Dalcha Lungiambula for a different promotion. Dalcha is 5"8 and fights at his walk around weight. Dalcha has heavy hands and is a skilled striker, but no where near the pedigree of Aspinall, who has even better BJJ than striking.

Unless Aspinall tears his ACL walking into the cage Baduot is going to be unconscious when the fight ends. Aspinall should be -1000, there is just nothing in this fight that favors Baduot.
Aspinall is a bit overrated. Il take a tiny stab on Badout at those odds

Everyone made weight.

opponents-marlon-moraes-of-brazil-and-cory-sandhagen-face-off-during-picture-id1279349530

opponents-edson-barboza-of-brazil-and-makwan-amirkhani-of-finland-picture-id1279349013

opponents-ben-rothwell-and-marcin-tybura-of-poland-face-off-during-picture-id1279349529

opponents-markus-perez-of-brazil-and-dricus-du-plessis-of-south-face-picture-id1279349562

opponents-tom-aspinall-of-england-and-alan-baudot-of-france-face-off-picture-id1279349573

opponents-youssef-zalal-of-morocco-and-ilia-topuria-of-germany-face-picture-id1279349606

opponents-tom-breese-of-england-and-kb-bhullar-of-canada-face-off-picture-id1279349623

opponents-chris-daukaus-and-rodrigo-nascimento-of-brazil-face-off-picture-id1279349641

opponents-impa-kasanganay-and-joaquin-buckley-face-off-during-the-ufc-picture-id1279349650

opponents-ali-alqaisi-of-jordan-and-tony-kelley-face-off-during-the-picture-id1279349664

opponents-giga-chikadze-of-georgia-and-omar-morales-of-venezuela-face-picture-id1279349673

opponents-tracy-cortez-and-stephanie-egger-of-switzerland-face-off-picture-id1279349690

opponents-bruno-silva-of-brazil-and-tagir-ulanbekov-of-russia-face-picture-id1279349714

Are you not able to count? Being on sherdog that doesn’t surprise me. Numbers are hard

So what is your source of him having a bjj black belt?

What significant difference does it make if he has 4 or 5 submissions?

<{vega}>

You have shit for brains and probably didn't know what MMA was until 2017 but act like you are omniscient. The funny thing is, you question the intellect of Sherdoggers while posting almost 10k posts on... Sherdog. Oh, can't you see the irony? The joke's on you, so stop being an arrogant asshole.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

What significant difference does it make if he has 4 or 5 submissions?

<{vega}>

You have shit for brains and probably didn't know what MMA was until 2017 but act like you are omniscient. The funny thing is, you question the intellect of Sherdoggers while posting almost 10k posts on... Sherdog. Oh, can't you see the irony? The joke's on you, so stop being an arrogant asshole.

<JonesDXSuckIt>
So you refuse to disclose your reference for him being a bjj black belt then?

Last edited:
Interesting. Tapology only listed one of his wins as a sub so I was unaware of those. Maybe him dropping down really is sign of him getting back to grappling.

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Omar-Morales-120645

I initially thought that he is a black belt but I just read in another forum that he is a brown belt in BJJ, but who knows. I think that he is physically way stronger than Giga and has overall the better grappling, but there is no guarantee that he will try to grapple in this fight; he prefers to strike and while I would even give Omar the power edge on the feet, I think that he could easily just take Giga down and lay on him for 3 rounds... but we are probably going to witness a standup fight and as a result probably a split dec either way.

Lol ok bud. Who is the 155lb champ?

Also, when is the last time morales attempted a takedown?

I just started watching mma so I genuinely don’t know these things

Again, with all the power at HW being flung around, all it takes is for the Frenchman to land first.

Do I think he will win? Fuck no.

So you refuse to disclose your reference for him being a bjj black belt then?

I am always available for a civilized conversation. But If you want to get snotty, I will put you in your place.

I will take my source of information to my grave and refuse to answer any more questions without my lawyer being present.

Lol ok bud. Who is the 155lb champ?

Also, when is the last time morales attempted a takedown?

I just started watching mma so I genuinely don’t know these things

There is no shame in being a noob, so let me help you God dammit!

Omar has the ability to dominate Giga on the ground, but I didn't say that he will use his grappling. I already stated in my previous post that Morales likes to strike and that I am not convinced that he will try to take Giga down. But still, when assessing a fight you have to look at the respective skills from various aspects and from different angles. Good?

uhhh
Marlon as a dog is a bit strange to me

Sandhagen was so bad against Aljo it was kinda shocking. Yeah Aljo is good

Just dominated him in the grappling from the jump. Aljo is a, big strong, physical grappler. Moraes can't do what he did...just doesn't have the skill set. Moraes could obliterate him, dont get me wrong...but not the same way aljo did. Comes down to gas tanks (possibly)

Aspinall is a bit overrated. Il take a tiny stab on Badout at those odds

We have very good background on both Aspinall and Baudot; there is very little about these two fighters that we cannot handicap.

I understand contrarian plays and the value of them, but this is a unique fight in which one of the competitors is simply not a live dog.

This is not a UFC caliber fighter, don't be fooled by the 8-1 record. His entire fight career has been him knocking out undersized Japanese fighters generously listed at 5"9-5"10 at LHW; many of whom never fought again or remain winless. I have never seen a LHW 9 fights into their career with only one opponent over 6".

If there were ever a fight capable of beating the Masvidal-Askren 5 second knockout record it is this one.

"Doesn't bring the same skillset" I think you misremember how the fight went, Cejudo didn't do anything magical. He blew out his left shoulder in the very first round which left him pretty limited. It didn't matter though, watch the 2nd round 90% of his offense is just spamming punches with his right arm over and over with great effect. He then adds clinch strikes near the end where sandhagen is quite adept in himself. A one armed fighter fucked up moraes by simply biting down the mouth piece and pushing a pace to gas out him out quickly. Sandhagen will have 2 healthy arms with a big reach advantage, dynamic striking as you put it with great cardio and high pace and as long as he doesn't get ko'd early that's all it really takes. But even that's putting a disservice to him, I think sandhagen is a great fighter who should be a bigger favorite but the recency bias is strong in this one.
My man, just because Cejudo is able to do some things it does not mean other fighters can do them too. We may dislike Cejudo for his antics and cringyness but the man is a damn beast. Sandhagen does not have the wrestling pedigree of Cejudo and neither does he have the boxing Cejudo has. I understand both Cejudo and Sandhagen push the pace and will bring the fight to Moraes but I'm not sure Sandhagen can absorb punishment like Cejudo did throughout the fight in order to blitz through Moraes.
I think Moraes is vastly underrated because of how he seemed to have gassed against Cejudo towards the end of the 2nd round but it was more a credit to Cejudo for hurting Moraes and breaking him. Also, rememeber, he did not gas against Jose Aldo, and Aldo was also pushing the pace towards the end. You make it sound as if it is very easy to just walk through Moraes attacks to push the pace, the man hits like a truck and is a way more technically sound striker than Sandhagen by far.
I think the recency bias here is the other way around tbh, Sandhagen hasnt faced and beaten the quality of opposition Moraes has but people cant get out of their heads the Cejudo fight and forget the quality of opposition Moraes has beaten.

I don't see Moraes winning a decision. Sandhagen has too much pace, too much volume. It's a 50/50 fight: Moraes could easily knock Sandhagen out within the first 2 rounds, but if he doesn't, it's Sandhagen ALL DAY in rounds 3, 4 and 5.
It is way more likely that Sandhagen wins a decision than the other way around but I can also see Moraes not blowing his whole gas tank in 2 rounds knowing full well the fight will be 5 rounds.

Back