UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Sakai

BigSteve

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 1.16.10 pm.pngOdds are out, I like this card better. Already put a unit on Sakai at 3.08. Overeem shouldnt be 1.36 over anyone in the top 10. I like a ton of dogs too

I think he has 5 rounds to do it, and Sakai is much harder to take down than Rozenstruik. Lots of value at those odds in my opinon
Only fight I saw of Sakai was his most recent one. I thought he looked horrible but Blagoy is a tough out unless you hit the power threshhold for HW.

Overeem looked great in his last fight other then like 10-15 seconds where he got caught. I don’t think sakai has the speed as Rozenstruik or Harris to catch Overeem. I was low key thinking Overeem could legit make a title run and I’ll be DAMNED if fucking Augusto Sakai is the one to put a stop to that lmao

Romanov, Worthy and Imadaev look like interesting dogs to me. Could be a nice card for betting this one.

Hard to believe Khama Worthy is still the betting underdog after knocking out Devonte Smith and submitting Luis Pena.

I know Azaitar is an undefeated 'knockout artist' but Worthy is the better striker, better on the ground, very good cardio, high fight IQ; am I missing something?

Azaitars 0 and Worthy's six losses are obscuring how they matchup, Worthy should be atleast -170.

Saki is the type of opponent Overeem will look good against. I predict an early Overeem KO. It's only the very best that are able to capitalize which Saki isn't... Sure he has a punchers chance like everyone does but I actually think the value is on Overeem at current odds.

Romanov, Worthy and Imadaev look like interesting dogs to me. Could be a nice card for betting this one.

Not a bad call, with Corona fighters have seemed to be in worse shape than usual so maybe a good call betting against Pereira and Ottman especially if you think these will go past the 1st rd.

Last edited:
Not a bad call, with Corona fighters have seemed to be in worse shape than usual so maybe a good call betting against Pereira and Ottman if you think these will go past the 1st rd.
Who has been in worse shape? I have more recollection of fighters coming in better shape recently than worse

Hard to believe Khama Worthy is still the betting underdog after knocking out Devonte Smith and submitting Luis Pena.

I know Azaitar is an undefeated 'knockout artist' but Worthy is the better striker, better on the ground, very good cardio, high fight IQ; am I missing something?

Azaitars 0 and Worthy's six losses are obscuring how they matchup, Worthy should be atleast -170.

i also cap worthy as the fav, i like his hand speed, slips and counters. he might just get blasted by one of those leaping hooks ottman throws, but he's the more technical striker for sure.

Who has been in worse shape? I have more recollection of fighters coming in better shape recently than worse

Hmm maybe you are right, I think it was more of an issue to begin with when the world was in Corona fear Lockdown and fighters were training in their basements. Also, I'm not making any accusations but there do seem to be a lot of Brazilians looking extra jacked these days.

Last edited:
Hmm maybe you are right, I think it was more of an issue to begin with when the world was in Corona fear Lockdown and fighters were training in their basements. Also, I'm not making any accusations but there do seem to be a lot of Brazilians looking extra jacked these days.
Yea now that I think about it it might be close, I can think of JDS, Olenyk and Werdum all came in great shape. But Werdum was also in trash shape in first fight. Barboza and people dropping for the first time looking ripped. JDS said he was on Keto, iv been doing that diet for a year and man the weight falls of you. Im my highschool weigh at 28 years of age lol

Yea now that I think about it it might be close, I can think of JDS, Olenyk and Werdum all came in great shape. But Werdum was also in trash shape in first fight. Barboza and people dropping for the first time looking ripped. JDS said he was on Keto, iv been doing that diet for a year and man the weight falls of you. Im my highschool weigh at 28 years of age lol

I just googled it and may give it a go, it's pretty much my training diet only without fruit and beans.

I just googled it and may give it a go, it's pretty much my training diet only without fruit and beans.
yea its 0 sugar, and about 10% carbs, lil more if you train hard. Its more how you feel when you stop consuming sugars.

Anyway 1.53 for Lamas over Algeo, thoughts on this?

I'm playing Chiasson over Eubanks at -130 for sure. Simon at -220 a bit more expensive than I hoped (probably he opened better and was bet down?) but he's still gonna outwork and outwrestle Kelleher to a dec win most likely. I'll pay the juice and maybe hedge with Kelleher KO or something if odds are juicy.

I'm playing Chiasson over Eubanks at -130 for sure. Simon at -220 a bit more expensive than I hoped (probably he opened better and was bet down?) but he's still gonna outwork and outwrestle Kelleher to a dec win most likely. I'll pay the juice and maybe hedge with Kelleher KO or something if odds are juicy.
Simon is really hittable, I'm sure Kelleher finish will pay nicely and I'm really tempted to take a stab at it.

Simon is really hittable, I'm sure Kelleher finish will pay nicely and I'm really tempted to take a stab at it.

He is, so the hedge should work out. I just think Simon is gonna know to force his wrestling on Boom and take the easy path to victory. If he doesn't though, he could get clipped for sure.

Wha
What's gonna stop Eubanks doing to Chiasson what Lina Lansberg did to her?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back