UFC Fight Night: Rozenstruik vs. Gane

I mean you don't use the word fade for underdogs. You fade favourites
Got ya, I'm not the most well versed in degen terminology. I was under the impression "fade" basically means to bet against in general.

Anyone know the technical differences between dutch kickboxing vs Muay Thai?

Cos I'm leaning that most of Jarzinho's kickboxing matches were against bums in a bum league(s).

So how many significant strkes do you think Cachero will land in this fight?

You really believe a 6-1 fighter has better defense than emmers who was 17-5 at the time?

these are the stats in the emmers fight

Stats | UFC (ufcstats.com)

Is it relevant? Is not the number of sig strikes Johnson got off more important? Emmers did not grapplefuck Cachero in the way Lawrence used an all-out grappling gameplan, which he executed perfectly, on a dangerous striker? I think to was 8 off the top of my head, he was given no opportunity to even settle on his feet.

The 6-1 stats and 17-5 stats are a good general indicator but can be deceiving, Lawrence had a long amateur career and has taken part and succeeded in multiple martial arts and combat sports, he has a lot of experience.

Yes, if Lawrence doesn't or cannot grapple Cachero consistently, it will be a much closer fight, but there is no indication that that will be the case. For example, Cachero was taken down and controlled by Marvin Garcia, who was a short-notice replacement, until he gassed so hard he could not stand, and Cachero could not put him away until R2.

He will be working his TDD, but Cachero has a variety of TDs, and he has great timing, not to mention his stand-up game is very good too. He likes the knees from the thai plum that Emmers used very successfully on Cachero. He also has a good long-range striking game utilising kicks that will help him win points. Cachero has to pressure Lawrence consistently without getting taken down to win, something his previous fights have not indicated he can pull off. Cachero hits hard and there is always chance of making something happen off that, buts not a reliable PTV.

To me, all the elements indicate that this is a bad match-up for Cachero. Of course, Cachero could change parts of his game, but that would be something new.

Last edited:
I can't get Junior Albini taking down Rozenstruik with ease out of my mind.

I think the play here is the over. O1.5 will probably be plus money.

anyone else have ptsd on going on super juiced heavyweight in main event again after what that clown lewis did? I can't get that uppercut out of my mind lost so much from it.

Cos I'm leaning that most of Jarzinho's kickboxing matches were against bums in a bum league(s).
Somebody more knowledgeable probably has a better answer but I'll take a stab. Different ranges and weapons. Dutch kickboxing uses alot of traditional boxing techniques and low kicks. Muay thai adds in elbows, clinch work and foot sweeps.

Not sure about the records but the ME seems pretty straight forward, at least as much as last weeks. Jairzinho is pretty much Suriname's discount Derrick Lewis. Less power, more technical hands, limited grappling, and will probably be getting out pointed for 2-5 rounds until his opponent gets too comfortable and eats one big bomb.

At range I think Gane uses his kicks better, I think his clinch work is better, and his ground game is alot better. Gane could get a decision, a submission or his own KO, I think Biggi Boy is KO or bust but this is Hw anyway. I will say Biggi has some sneaky hooks and has played the hammer and nail which may help him here. Gane's is still untested especially over 5 rounds. I think Ciryl is legit but I'll definitely hedge with the KO this time like I should have Saturday.

Rozen actually has a decent enough kickboxing background. Surinames kickboxing isn't a joke, Andy Ristie, Spong, Manhoef, Groenhart... lot of very legit guys have come out of there. His own original kickboxing coach was Ivan Hippolyte another former kickboxing champ who trained CroCop. He's looked a bit uncomfortable transitioning to MMA but that should improve over time and when he is comfortable guys get nuked.

Is it relevant? Is not the number of sig strikes Johnson got off more important? Emmers did not grapplefuck Cachero in the way Lawrence used an all-out grappling gameplan, which he executed perfectly, on a dangerous striker? I think to was 8 off the top of my head, he was given no opportunity to even settle on his feet.

The 6-1 stats and 17-5 stats are a good general indicator but can be deceiving, Lawrence had a long amateur career and has taken part and succeeded in multiple martial arts and combat sports, he has a lot of experience.

Yes, if Lawrence doesn't or cannot grapple Cachero consistently, it will be a much closer fight, but there is no indication that that will be the case. For example, Cachero was taken down and controlled by Marvin Garcia, who was a short-notice replacement, until he gassed so hard he could not stand, and Cachero could not put him away until R2.

He will be working his TDD, but Cachero has a variety of TDs, and he has great timing, not to mention his stand-up game is very good too. He likes the knees from the thai plum that Emmers used very successfully on Cachero. He also has a good long-range striking game utilising kicks that will help him win points. Cachero has to pressure Lawrence consistently without getting taken down to win, something his previous fights have not indicated he can pull off. Cachero hits hard and there is always chance of making something happen off that, buts not a reliable PTV.

To me, all the elements indicate that this is a bad match-up for Cachero. Of course, Cachero could change parts of his game, but that would be something new.
Not the same cuz your comparing a weaker opponent who was 11-5 at the time to Emmers who is a higher measuring stick.

Caschero finished him(garcia) is good enough, short notice fights are tricky because you know nothing about your opponent.
At the end of the day we know Lawence is beatable as he lost to a striker. He is inexperience at 6-1 without a decent win.He can probably win this by decision
but for me, i dont like to pick favorites if they only have one method of winning, he's going to need more than just lay and pray to get me to put my money on him.
If he cant throw a punch to ko anyone, or submit them , I dont want to risk it, Cachero beating Lawence would not be that big a deal, this is mma, a guy who is athletic and throws lots of strkes like knees elbows and can sprawl and scramble can win a fight.

Different scoring, different rules, difference styles come from that. You see a lot of great boxers in kickboxing but in Muay Thai there are high level fighters with little boxing cause it doesn't score well e.g. Loma. Lot more clinching too, judges love clean body kicks and fighters 'looking good' aka not giving a fuck about what the opponent is landing and acting dominant. That's largely in Thailand though, I wouldn't even bother trying to guess whose won modern Thai bouts half the time.

No clinching in Dutch, lots of high guard behind big gloves then heavy back and forth combos with low kicks. The low kicks really make it different from American kickboxing where they were illegal.

Both are good, Dutch is probably a bit better for MMA on average given there's a lot of Thai styles poorly suited to MMA and a rule set significantly more varied to MMA. You get an accomplished Thai champ like Loma losing a striking match in MMA to Hill but under Thai rules she probably would have won a clear dec.

I wonder who the public is on -- I'll probably end up playing Rozenstruik here, as the odds are a bit off.

It's a 5 round fight, he has a granite chin(the shot he hit Francis with while getting KO'd himself, would have KO'd plenty of HW's) so I think he'll find Gane's chin eventually.

He lost round 1 to JDS though, and multiple rounds to Reem, so the main question becomes is his only PTV a KO? We've never seen Gane slow down significantly even in his decision wins.

Think I actually favor de la Rosa and her improved boxing here. After fighting Araujo, Silva will seem like a heavy bag to de la Rosa. I give her the edge in cardio, grappling and boxing.

Silva just kind of plods forward with her hands low and eats punches. She throws a decent volume of leg kicks but her technique on them is bad and she doesn’t set them up.

Every now and again she’ll throw a good front kick to the body. Maybe 1 out of 15 punches she throws is done properly. Her takedown defense is weak. She guard subbed Borella who basically gave away the armbar. Moroz was able to easily hold her down for the majority of the round in their fight

Ill take the dog here in a fight that’s probably going to be somewhat close unless Montana continued to improve.

Last edited:
Gane has fought JDS and Boser and has been cruising with ease during all his fights.
Rozenstruik gets dominated frequently, by JDS, Overeem, and even Albini at some point.

This fight is straightforward: Gane will school Rozenstruik and Rozenstruik will look for the one big shot (likely a counter left).
5 rounds will provide plenty of opportunities for Rozenstruik, who is durable, and Gane is sometimes exposed when he enters boxing range.
Just to clarify.

Roz vs JDS

DirtyDopeyGoat-size_restricted.gif

Roz vs Albini
TenseWarlikeCrow-size_restricted.gif

Roz vs Overeem
SmugMadeupGrayreefshark-size_restricted.gif

Rozenstruik was dominated by all those guys

<{1-17}>

Just to clarify.

Roz vs JDS

DirtyDopeyGoat-size_restricted.gif

Roz vs Albini
TenseWarlikeCrow-size_restricted.gif

Roz vs Overeem
SmugMadeupGrayreefshark-size_restricted.gif

Rozenstruik was dominated by all those guys

<{1-17}>
That's pretty much what I wrote. Gane will dominate, and Rozenstruik may (or may not) stop him.

Well he just lost the whole fight to all of them until he landed a big single shot. Has he won a single round in the UFC other than the rounds he gets the finish in?
He won round 4 and 5 against Overeem.
And the 1st round against JDS was very close, Rozenstruik even landed more strikes (mostly leg kicks).

Well he just lost the whole fight to all of them until he landed a big single shot. Has he won a single round in the UFC other than the rounds he gets the finish in?
Just like Blaydes was winning against Black Beast, right?

Winning until he wasn’t. Like @spinup wrote, he has won rounds. What’s more important is that he stays in the fight. Overeem used his deep bag of tricks and kept tagging Rozenstruik with the sharp left hand often, he grappled and tried it all. Still Roz won.

I’m not counting him out against Gane. Actually, Gane’s style might suit him well. Gane has better footwork and is more agile, but if it becomes a kickboxing fight with MMA gloves... That’ll be interesting.

Just like Blaydes was winning against Black Beast, right?

Winning until he wasn’t. Like @spinup wrote, he has won rounds. What’s more important is that he stays in the fight. Overeem used his deep bag of tricks and kept tagging Rozenstruik with the sharp left hand often, he grappled and tried it all. Still Roz won.

I’m not counting him out against Gane. Actually, Gane’s style might suit him well. Gane has better footwork and is more agile, but if it becomes a kickboxing fight with MMA gloves... That’ll be interesting.

I get your point, but I have a feeling that a lot of people are leaning towards Rozenstruik because of the Lewis result this past weekend. In my opinion that's still a fairly low percentage outcome. Gane seems defensively responsible and might decide to mix in plenty of takedowns as well.

Anybody else like Knight here? The wheels kind of fall off Menifield after r1 and Knight should at least have a cardio advantage.

Anybody else like Knight here? The wheels kind of fall off Menifield after r1 and Knight should at least have a cardio advantage.
Yes, feel like Knight has the cardio and grappling advantage. Only thing I'm worried about is the fact that he leaves his chin open.

Back