UFC Fight Night - Sandhagen vs Dillashaw- Offical discussion

2020Tracked

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210718-105848_Chrome.jpg

Didn't include Trevin Jones as his replacement opponent has pulled out as well and he doesn't currently have a fight

I think this card looks great, both in terms of entertainment and betting opportunities

amazing card compared to the previous one! at firs sight I like IMavov, he seems like a better fighter than the in my opinion massively overrated Heinisch (he had some nice wins vs opponents he matched up well against).

I'll absolutely pay the juice on Sandhagen here. He's looked better and better, clearly an extremely talented guy (and I was bullish on him from the time he entered the UFC). And who knows what we're getting with Dillashaw?

amazing card compared to the previous one! at firs sight I like IMavov, he seems like a better fighter than the in my opinion massively overrated Heinisch (he had some nice wins vs opponents he matched up well against).

How does Imavov take this in your eyes? I think Heinisch rolls here with his takedowns.

Alot of finishes in the small cage last night.

How does Imavov take this in your eyes? I think Heinisch rolls here with his takedowns.
Heinisch does not have good takedowns. He has got decent grappling skills and does very well against other wrestlers, but when he has to take the wrestling initiative I don't think he does very well. He was also heavily outwrestled by an undersized Gastelum.

Edited since Daukaus is out

UFC Vegas 32, Saturday, July 24, 2021, Start time: 4:00 PM eastern, UFC Apex

parlay
+167

Julio Arce -200 (hasn't fought since November 2019)
Sijara Eubanks -300
Kyler Phillips -300

#UFCVegas32

Last edited:
UFC Vegas 32, Saturday, July 24, 2021, Start time: 4:00 PM eastern, UFC Apex
8 prelim fights, 6 main card fights, 8 of the 14 fights are projected to go to Decision

parlay
+362

Julio Arce -200 (hasn't fought since November 2019)
Hannah Goldy -200 (tested positive for Covid-19 on March 24, 2021, hasn’t fought since August 2019)

Chris Daukaus -200
Sijara Eubanks -270

#UFCVegas32

Reading material I found:
(July 2019)

Hannah Goldy is a striker at heart who really has no intention of taking the fight down, and she also has strong takedown defense. She’s very technical with her striking throwing jabs, hooks, and throwing at good angles. Hannah Goldy does a solid job mixing in punches and kicks and does that with consistently strong output when it comes to combinations. It would be nice to see her be a bit more aggressive with those combinations, as they’re usually in brief burst and then resets. Her takedown defense as mentioned has looked good, but it may still become a concern when she fights a high level wrestler.
(August 2020)
Chris Daukaus is an interesting case as he has some skills but also some glaring holes. He has one-round cardio, is always dangerous but slows tremendously as the fight goes on. His takedown defense is pretty poor as well. Getting taken down easily, he struggles off his back as well. Daukaus has decent jiu-jitsu but it’s not nearly where he should be given he’s fighting at a high level. Daukaus is a dangerous guy on the feet mainly with his hands. He has good boxing throwing the jab and always throwing combinations. He’ll do a lot of touch-touch-bang setting up his power strikes nicely. Not only getting it done with his hands Daukaus has dangerous head kicks and knees he uses. Overall I think Chris Daukaus lacks speed, athleticism, a gas tank, and defense.

Those breakdowns suck. I can’t believe I read
that goldy is very technical with her striking.

I would put much stock into old write ups anyway

Last edited:
Why is barber fighting maverick? What goes through these matchmakers minds? Two young prospects fighting each other? And on opposite trajectories

anyway I think the line is generous on maverick. Would’ve loved to have got her at +odds.

the line on Phillips has gotten out of control. Value on paiva. Had Phillips not looked so good against yadong he would be the dog here

I think chiasson is a bad match up for ladd. Ladd doesn’t like to get hit, macy hits hard. Also Macy is strong and she can wrestle and is more than capable of stuffing takedowns

I like Soriano too. Think he’s going to knock Allen’s head off his shoulders

Last edited:
Wrong

I would’ve made 20 units last night had it not been for a late tate dec live bet
Na whats wrong is you saying Chiasson is capable of defending TDs. She got taken down by Reneau and Lansberg, yikes. Also barely beat Reneau who could've taken the 3rd round if she wasn't a bum moron.

Ladd gets one td and she smesh this bum

Na whats wrong is you saying Chiasson is capable of defending TDs. She got taken down by Reneau and Lansberg, yikes. Also barely beat Reneau who could've taken the 3rd round if she wasn't a bum moron.

Ladd gets one td and she smesh this bum

ladds striking is too awful to bet her in this spot. Chiasson isnt lost on the ground either so it’s not like Ladd is going to dominate her there

ladds striking is too awful to bet her in this spot. Chiasson isnt lost on the ground either so it’s not like Ladd is going to dominate her there
This won't be a kickboxing match. It will be Ladd pressuring, getting easy td, and smesh.

Chiasson is lost on the ground. She got dominated there by Lina Lansberg.

Back