UFC Fight Night: Santos v Texeira

Was really surprised to see John Allan and Ed Herman at evens

USADA isn't fucking testing in Brazil

Officially taking Anthony Ivy

Don't get me wrong, the guy fucking sucks, but Bryan Barbarena ballooned up in his time off and though he says he's mentally ready... I'm not so sure

Aside from the Angela Hill and John Allan fights, this might be the most perfectly priced card of all time by the bookies

Taped Kyle Nelson v Billy Quarantillo and... It's pretty much priced correctly. In theory Kyle Nelson has a puncher's chance given Quarantillo's chin didn't look super stable v Spike Carlyle. In practice, Kyle Nelson has zero ground game and Quarantillo is a BJJ wizard who never stops looking for the finish. Seems like a pretty clear Quarantillo ITD to me

Re the obvious argument of 'he didn't stop Spike Carlyle", I really don't think Spike is that bad. Dude hits crazy hard, attacks like a fucking wildman (which is difficult to fight against because it's a constant barrage of offence AND you're never really sure what he's going to do), and genuinely has pretty decent submission defence (which I guess is to be expected considering he's been training BJJ for 11 years under Mark Munoz, who beat Demian Maia and was only submitted twice in his entire career

Re the obvious argument of "but Kyle Nelson knocked out Polo Reyes", he was only able to rock him because he made Reyes uncomfortable in the clinch. There are some rumours Quarantillo sleeps in the clinch - It's where he's comfortable and wants to be because of the ease of BJJ transitions from there

If anyone is on Nelson I'd love to hear why, because I'm even considering Quarantillo straight at 1.5

Officially taking Anthony Ivy

Don't get me wrong, the guy fucking sucks, but Bryan Barbarena ballooned up in his time off and though he says he's mentally ready... I'm not so sure
lol i have never seen a guy give up that fast after a jab, was really embarrassing.

You trust Schnell's chin?
I trust it more than I think Nam is a good fighter. Nam really needed a win last fight. Got it against a super short notice unproven replacement. I dont put much stock in his last win. Schnell got some decent wins lately and was giving Pantoja some problems in a fight where somebody was getting slept. Ill take Schnell over Nam for the fact hes a whole level better in my opinion, chin or not

Anyone else on Turner +160 ... im looking for a reason not to pound this bet. Moises couldn't even land a punch against MJ. Then MJ did wat he did best... found a way to lose by getting caught in a heel hook. Can't see turner allowing that to happen. Could severely outstrike Moises w his reach. Hows turner from guard ? I know frevola beat turner w pressure and grappling and being relentless. I don't see that out of Moises.. any insight?

Anyone else on Turner +160 ... im looking for a reason not to pound this bet. Moises couldn't even land a punch against MJ. Then MJ did wat he did best... found a way to lose by getting caught in a heel hook. Can't see turner allowing that to happen. Could severely outstrike Moises w his reach. Hows turner from guard ? I know frevola beat turner w pressure and grappling and being relentless. I don't see that out of Moises.. any insight?

I'm on Turner for half a unit

I like turner here but not too confident, he was on his back almost the entire fight against Frevola.

I trust it more than I think Nam is a good fighter. Nam really needed a win last fight. Got it against a super short notice unproven replacement. I dont put much stock in his last win. Schnell got some decent wins lately and was giving Pantoja some problems in a fight where somebody was getting slept. Ill take Schnell over Nam for the fact hes a whole level better in my opinion, chin or not
... Is he though? Nam losing to Sergio Pettis isn't exactly embarassing, nor is the loss to Kai Kara-France

I'd argue he beat Zhumagulov (Zhumagulov had a lot of strange decisions in FNG) and he remains the only dude to knock out Ali Bagautinov whose only losses are decisions against Mighty Mouse, Joe B, Horiguchi, and a questionable decision against Zhumagulov I was very sure he won). After the Nam loss Bagautinov went 5-0 (arguably 6-0)

The fight against the pro kickboxer on short notice doesn't tell us a ton, since it's much easier to catch guys who aren't used to worrying about grappling, but it does tell us Nam has legit KO power, and Schnell has been put out cold by fucking hammerfists before

Not denying Schnell has the speed advantage, still haven't decided which side I'm on yet (although slight lean Nam), but to say Schnell is a whole level better is a bit far fetched imo

The only read I could make of the turner/Moises fight is that turners long limbs is just gonna make him easier to submit. I have no clue on Turners grappling ability though, better than Michael Johnson’s?

The only read I could make of the turner/Moises fight is that turners long limbs is just gonna make him easier to submit. I have no clue on Turners grappling ability though, better than Michael Johnson’s?
yes, easily. But who dosent have better grappling than MJ lol

Back