UFC Fight Night: Smith v Rakic

of course he recovers, most people dont even notice anything, this whole covid thing really is a joke, for young and healthy people it is not dangerous at all. the world has gone totally mad!

Not to highjack the thread, but more accurately it's not dangerous for MOST young and healthy people. I know a couple of healthy people in their 30's who were hospitalized and in really bad shape with this thing. My co-worker was telling me that her brother (I've only met him once) was on a ventilator for 3 days, hospitalized for 5. The guy completed the Ironman twice in the last few years, he's 37 years old. Arguably in as good of shape as anyone I know. When they admitted him, his oxygen levels were insanely low. She was telling me he got absolutely blindsided by it. From "just fine" to having serious trouble breathing within about 12 hours.

And yes, I know he's the exception and not the rule. My point is just that this thing is kinda unpredictable.

Do I really want to bet on Hannah cifers? Line is wide but the grappling discrepancy doesn’t make me want to bet cifers, even at +260

That Cutelaba fight was probably the main one I was looking forward to on this card, gutted

Not to highjack the thread, but more accurately it's not dangerous for MOST young and healthy people. I know a couple of healthy people in their 30's who were hospitalized and in really bad shape with this thing. My co-worker was telling me that her brother (I've only met him once) was on a ventilator for 3 days, hospitalized for 5. The guy completed the Ironman twice in the last few years, he's 37 years old. Arguably in as good of shape as anyone I know. When they admitted him, his oxygen levels were insanely low. She was telling me he got absolutely blindsided by it. From "just fine" to having serious trouble breathing within about 12 hours.

And yes, I know he's the exception and not the rule. My point is just that this thing is kinda unpredictable.
some people get allergy really bad, or get an infection or get staph or get really sick from the normal flu. My point is just that people get sick and severely sick all the time, i am not saying covid is not dangerous at all, but this whole lockdown thing and all those measures that countries are enforcing are totally disproportional. I mean really, of all those ufc fighters or cornermen I havent read one story of any of them being very sick or nearly dieing, in the contrary 1 or 2 weeks later they are all completely fine.

robbie dec +450 is juicy as shit, def gonna hedge with that by itself and maybe parlay it with a few favorites

Cutelaba tested positive once before, but then he got to Las Vegas earlier this week and was test by the UFC at least once upon arrival and was okay.

Now it's fight day and he tests positive in another test.

From what I understand, this is what happened, which is weird af.

some people get allergy really bad, or get an infection or get staph or get really sick from the normal flu. My point is just that people get sick and severely sick all the time, i am not saying covid is not dangerous at all, but this whole lockdown thing and all those measures that countries are enforcing are totally disproportional. I mean really, of all those ufc fighters or cornermen I havent read one story of any of them being very sick or nearly dieing, in the contrary 1 or 2 weeks later they are all completely fine.

Yeah the debate about how it's being dealt with is another story (and for a totally different forum). I just wanted to point out that even though it's not super common, it CAN be dangerous for anyone.

Yeah the debate about how it's being dealt with is another story (and for a totally different forum). I just wanted to point out that even though it's not super common, it CAN be dangerous for anyone.

ffs you sound like the BBC or CNN

The amount of UFC cancelled fights due to COVID is ridiculous, they obviously need to change some health protocols. Particularly because many of these fights have been cancelled a day or hours prior to the event. Ridiculous.

ffs you sound like the BBC or CNN

Meh, I don't pay attention to either of those. I couldn't even tell you if they do a good job reporting on it. This isn't the place, but everyone has their own opinions on this thing. And most of us know jack shit. From the ones thinking this is our extinction event, to those who think it's a big hoax or that we should ignore it or whatever. No point arguing about it, everyone is the expert and knows how things should be.

Cummings should be the underdog?

seeing some potential in his dec line +250

The amount of UFC cancelled fights due to COVID is ridiculous, they obviously need to change some health protocols. Particularly because many of these fights have been cancelled a day or hours prior to the event. Ridiculous.
According to Bobby Green the UFC is starting to mail out tests now. Given everything going on I'm not sure that'll help much.

Those poor bookies must hate having to hold onto those prebets from all these canceled fights.<KhabibBS>

Idk if that's unpredictable, if Chris Traeger taught me anything it's that people with low bodyfat percentages are super vulnerable to viruses

Idk if that's unpredictable, if Chris Traeger taught me anything it's that people with low bodyfat percentages are super vulnerable to viruses

Yeah man IDK, I'm far from any kind of expert. They said "young and healthy people should be fine..." and you'd think a 30 something triathlete that's finishing Ironmans would fit that description. But I have no idea really.

You don't have to be a fighter to have an opinion but a fighter might have more familiarity with what it feels like to go through a full camp and a full weight cut only to fight an opponent who wasn't able to make weight whereas those of us that don't fight or haven't experienced the emotional and physical exertion of a weight cut can just kinda sit back and say "oh that is or is not cheating." Also calling someone a dumb ass who is being pretty respectful in his explanations is kinda douchey but, as he said, you're entitled to your opinion and I suppose entitled to be douchey as well.
I didn't think it was respectful so I called him a dumb ass..I actually think it's pretty douchey to interject yourself when not needed. You this forum's hall monitor?

Smith dec +815 is ridiculous. I don't expect it to hit necessarily but jeez...if Rakic gasses at all, Smith could definitely win the second half of the fight and steal a decision.

Back