Aleksa Camur +140
Lara Procopio +145
Marlon Vera +145
Rick Glenn +170
Seungwoo Choi +175
Virna Jandiroba +205

Chan Sung Jung/Dan Ige Goes To Decision -125

Old articles:

August 2019: Lara Procopio is a good prospect who proved herself in her last two outings against fair competition, winning the Shooto Brasil title in the process. Procopio first and foremost is a very strong grappler. Her standup is still a work in progress as her striking defense is a bit shaky and her movement is really just straight forward. Her striking, in general, is not somewhere she is strong but she does a fine job letting go to enter the clinch. Procopio has strong BJJ and it shows with her submission base, ability to get dominant positions easy, and smooth transitions. She falls short at times getting taken down and losing scrambles which result in her on her back. Procopio is a threat off her back, however, particularly with the arm-bar but against tougher competition she will struggle.

April 2019: Virna Jandiroba is a high-level jiu-jitsu black belt with 11 submission finishes in 14 wins. Jandiroba has wins over two former UFC fighters in Lisa Ellis and Ericka Almeida. With a good submission base, Jandiroba has very solid wrestling to compliment her style. She gets inside in the clinch well, moving towards getting her hands together and dumping her opponents to the mat. She hasn’t had a problem getting the fight to the mat yet, and she’s been nothing short of dominant once the fight hits the ground. I easily see Jandiroba in the top five and possibly a future title contender.

2019: Seungwoo Choi: South Korea had a lot of exciting prospects and Choi is a proven fighter. Where he struggles is getting too patient and allowing his opponent to set the pace. Choi will also plant his feet and throw heavy leather. While he has the knockout power he’s also been dropped and finished because he leaves his head on the center line. Choi throws stinging leg kicks and has quick hand speed. One of his favorite weapons is his front kick. While he just misses with his big shots, he uses it to maintain distance. The Korean has shown solid takedown defense and cardio that improves as the fight goes

Aleksa Camur is a Tae Kwon Do / kickboxing style fighter coming in at 6' with a 74" reach. He is known for flashy kicks and big power. He is coming off his UFC debut against Justin Lebet, a fight he won by unanimous decision. He trains at Strong Style, originally brought in to spar with Stipe Miocic for his bout with Francis Ngannou. He is a good all around striker with a lot of smooth kicks in his arsenal and heavy hands to back them up. He showed great head movement in his first fight (after shaking off the jitters in the first round) and seemed to have a good understanding of footwork and distance. He also had his chin tested a few times and showed great recovery and toughness. His downfall is cardio, he gassed himself in his first fight. He did, however, push through that to win the last round convincingly. Overall, he's a flashy, unpredictable striker who should put on some interesting fights.

This is such a good fight card. At first look i am looking at Marlon Vera, Roberts, Dan.

Vera vs Grant is a great fight. I definitely lean Vera but IDK about paying that juice. Should be dynamite though. Potential to be as exciting as Dober vs Riddell was last night.

Not a great betting card or entertainment card. Only the main event and Grant vs Vera stand out to me as being exciting, and coincidentally I feel like there's value on both underdogs before taping, tho Ige is only a - money dog. Csnt get over how flat TKZ looked in his last fight vs Ortega. The Gavin Tucker fight doesn't factor in much, but Ige fought well va Kattar even in a loss iirc, just Kattar is a better fighter than him and better then TKZ at this stage on his career imo.

Am I crazy or is there potentially a lot of value on Jandiroba? I feel she's the better grappler than Murata for sure and she only lost to Dern because they agreed to put on an ugly striking show rather than roll.

Edit: actually there are a few fights that could be lowkey bangers

Not a great betting card or entertainment card. Only the main event and Grant vs Vera stand out to me as being exciting, and coincidentally I feel like there's value on both underdogs before taping, tho Ige is only a - money dog. Csnt get over how flat TKZ looked in his last fight vs Ortega. The Gavin Tucker fight doesn't factor in much, but Ige fought well va Kattar even in a loss iirc, just Kattar is a better fighter than him and better then TKZ at this stage on his career imo.
I disagree i think we will likely see a few finishes in this fight card. But your right on Ige. Not mention Ige has fought more then TKZ but still we shouldn't be counting the TKZ out just yet.

Am I crazy or is there potentially a lot of value on Jandiroba? I feel she's the better grappler than Murata for sure and she only lost to Dern because they agreed to put on an ugly striking show rather than roll.

Edit: actually there are a few fights that could be lowkey bangers

Jandiroba and Dern didn't "agree" to strike, Jandiroba avoided Dern on the mat like the plague. Dern happily would have played that game, that's the definition of "there are levels". Jandiroba is a good grappler. Dern is arguably the best on the planet.

Without watching tape I'm thinking there might be some value in Murata, and perhaps Roberts. The wrestling should let Kanako stall out the fight if needed, even if she's mo Esparza, and Danny might have good enough boxing and power to put Means in queer street and cinch something, even if he can be sloppy.

Don't really want to touch the main event since it seems like a coin-flip.

Got in early on Khaos, Grant, Silva, Choi and Roberts, already beat the line.

Probably look more into Procopio potentially, and Dan Ige.

Grant and Roberts I think both probably do lose, but the lines are wide and have already came in a little. I may or may not cash them out as the week goes on.

I think this card will be much better in terms of entertainment value than tye Izzy/Vettori card.

Got in early on Khaos, Grant, Silva, Choi and Roberts, already beat the line.

Probably look more into Procopio potentially, and Dan Ige.

Grant and Roberts I think both probably do lose, but the lines are wide and have already came in a little. I may or may not cash them out as the week goes on.

I think this card will be much better in terms of entertainment value than tye Izzy/Vettori card.
Which Silva? And yeah, I'd probably steer clear from Grant since I don't see it going any differently than their first fight. The Martinez win was nice though, I'll give Davey that.

Bruno might be worth it at those odds, maybe in a parlay. The loss to Rimbon and him coming off a suspension are bad, but Turman hasn't looked imposing even if he should have gotten the nod over Roberson, also looked very hittable against Sanchez.

Silva² and Choi might be a parlay I play, don't know yet. Glenn could break Joaquim but the one-sided loss to Aguilar has not aged well.

Which Silva? And yeah, I'd probably steer clear from Grant since I don't see it going any differently than their first fight. The Martinez win was nice though, I'll give Davey that.

Bruno might be worth it at those odds, maybe in a parlay. The loss to Rimbon and him coming off a suspension are bad, but Turman hasn't looked imposing even if he should have gotten the nod over Roberson, also looked very hittable against Sanchez.

Silva² and Choi might be a parlay I play, don't know yet. Glenn could break Joaquim but the one-sided loss to Aguilar has not aged well.

But Grant won their first fight, easily.

And Bruno Silva

Am I missing something in the Procopio fight? I think she gets ran over here.

What's making you guys think Ige beats the Zombie? I'm not sure how I lean on this one just yet. Zombie has reach and height on him. He is getting up there in age and coming off the worst beating in his career, so I could see a case that he's declining while Ige is rising, I suppose. The counter to that is his inactivity means he's probably accumulated less wear and tear over relative to his age though.

But other than that Ortega fight, where he was rocked badly early and looked very off for the whole fight, he's looked really good in his limited fights. If you'll recall, he claims he didn't remember the last three rounds.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/10...mbie-chan-sung-jung-brian-ortega-social-media

Wish we hadda seen Ige vs Tucker go on longer, would have helped gauge where he's at.

What's making you guys think Ige beats the Zombie? I'm not sure how I lean on this one just yet. Zombie has reach and height on him. He is getting up there in age and coming off the worst beating in his career, so I could see a case that he's declining while Ige is rising, I suppose. The counter to that is his inactivity means he's probably accumulated less wear and tear over relative to his age though.

But other than that Ortega fight, where he was rocked badly early and looked very off for the whole fight, he's looked really good in his limited fights. If you'll recall, he claims he didn't remember the last three rounds.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/10...mbie-chan-sung-jung-brian-ortega-social-media

Wish we hadda seen Ige vs Tucker go on longer, would have helped gauge where he's at.
For me it's Ige's grittyness coupled with him never hitting a wall in tems of improvement. The guy went from getting picked apart by Julio Arce to beating Kevin Aguilar at his own game, to engaging with Barboza. He's also been durable as hell so an early finish for Zombie, like the ones he's had in his recent victories is not too likely.

I favor KZ since he should be sharper at range and should be able to dictate where the fight goes, but Ige hits hard and fast.

Looks like a good night of fights!
UFCMCL0401_1080x.jpg

Back