UFC Fight Night: The Korean Zombie vs Ige

Everyone made weight.

opponents-the-korean-zombie-chan-sung-jung-of-south-korea-and-dan-ige-picture-id1324256702

opponents-aleksei-oleinik-of-russia-and-serghei-spivac-of-ukraine-picture-id1324256678

opponents-marlon-vera-of-ecuador-and-davey-grant-of-england-face-off-picture-id1324256562

opponents-julian-erosa-and-seungwoo-choi-of-south-korea-face-off-the-picture-id1324256548

opponents-wellington-turman-of-brazil-and-bruno-silva-of-brazil-face-picture-id1324256529

opponents-matt-brown-and-dhiego-lima-of-brazil-face-off-during-the-picture-id1324256511

opponents-aleksa-camur-and-nicolae-negumereanu-of-romania-face-off-picture-id1324256500

opponents-kanako-murata-of-japan-and-virna-jandiroba-of-brazil-face-picture-id1324256470

opponents-khaos-williams-and-matthew-semelsberger-face-off-during-the-picture-id1324255627

opponents-josh-parisian-and-roque-martinez-of-guam-face-off-during-picture-id1324255606

opponents-joaquim-silva-of-brazil-and-ricky-glenn-face-off-during-the-picture-id1324255585

opponents-casey-oneill-of-scotland-and-lara-procopio-of-brazil-face-picture-id1324255581

^ Matt Brown looks old! Not a huge size difference between O'Neill and Procopio. Procopio certainly doesnt look 2" shorter here. Murata looks small though, but that might an illusion bc of her stance.

BTW, bestfightodds have revamped their bookie lineup for the worse. What is going on?

Last edited:
@PuertoRican I see you're big on Ige over on the official bets thread. Care to expand? Would be glad to have your opinion
I don't like typing long responses to justify my bets, so I'll just say that Jung is KO or bust in this matchup, whereas Ige is better in every area, imo.

You'll have certain people disagree with what I said, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That being said, those same people probably aren't betting a lot on Jung, so there's that.

The Korean Zombie looked good at he weigh in and face off. I do respect the Zombie this fight match on the main event might be bit diffuclt for ige if the Zombie looked good on the weigh ins i think i will throw abit of a sparkle on the zombie as well on the main event.

Should the zombie come out with a win as a statement today.
This is one diffuclt fight card for betting.

I don't like typing long responses to justify my bets, so I'll just say that Jung is KO or bust in this matchup, whereas Ige is better in every area, imo.

You'll have certain people disagree with what I said, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That being said, those same people probably aren't betting a lot on Jung, so there's that.
Fair enough. I'm just trying to sharpen my reads here. I suspect I am not as high on Ige as you are. Excited to find out, either way

I get why people would start fading Oleynik by this point, but isn't this the type of fight he usually wins? He's made a career out of outmaneuvering other grapplers, and even though Spivak should have the standup tools, he's not very aggressive with it and I haven't seen him win a fight without engaging in the grappling.

Roque sucks and showed awful fight IQ against Mayes when he easily could've won. But it's worth pointing out that he's incredibly durable and can go 3 rounds with no issue. Meanwhile Parisian was a zombie by the end of rd 1 in his last fight, though there were prob a lot more grappling/clinch exchanges than Roque will engage in.

Roque sucks and showed awful fight IQ against Mayes when he easily could've won. But it's worth pointing out that he's incredibly durable and can go 3 rounds with no issue. Meanwhile Parisian was a zombie by the end of rd 1 in his last fight, though there were prob a lot more grappling/clinch exchanges than Roque will engage in.
o1.5 at around -150 was a steal for this fight, it got steamed all the way to around -250 now.

Casey is 2/1. Going to back her. Good value and I think she wins.

Who's in your
MMA Dog Pound for this event?

Dog Pound
Oleinik
Erosa
Negumereanu

Last edited:
Gotta put TKZ in the dog pound too.

I think Ige obviously has a good chance of winning but value is on TkZ. The line is swayed by recency bias IMO if this fight was scheduled for late 2020 zombie is a big favourite.

I have zombie by KO or decision

For those of you on O'Neill, would you still bet on her in this fight if she never had the fight against Shana Dobson? In other words, does O'Neill's pre-UFC tape impress you enough to beat Procopio?

People betting on O'Neill keep referencing the Dobson fight, as if that means anything at all. I'm more interested in hearing about her pre-UFC experience.

Man in falling behind on knowing the fighters. Zombie at + odds is defiently the one that stands out to me.

For those of you on O'Neill, would you still bet on her in this fight if she never had the fight against Shana Dobson? In other words, does O'Neill's pre-UFC tape impress you enough to beat Procopio?

People betting on O'Neill keep referencing the Dobson fight, as if that means anything at all. I'm more interested in hearing about her pre-UFC experience.
Dobson' 0% tdd stat throughout her career before facing o'neill actually improved after that fight, I found that pretty funny. The dogshit grappler that she is also got full mount on o'neil momentarily too. Procopio was big bet worthy to me imo when she hovered at evens, just more proven to me.

Dobson' 0% tdd stat throughout her career before facing o'neill actually improved after that fight, I found that pretty funny. The dogshit grappler that she is also got full mount on o'neil momentarily too. Procopio was big bet worthy to me imo when she hovered at evens, just more proven to me.
I think Procopio will win, but I'm not betting either lady.

I just want people to think about why they're betting O'Neill, because I haven't seen or heard a single person give a good reason why they're betting her against Procopio.

Like I said before, if O'Neill never fought Dobson, would people still have the same confidence in her when going into the Procopio match? Probably not.

there is no way she wins, ive always thought she was not a ufc caliber fighter yet, Procopio is black belt legit and good boxing.casey doesn't have an edge in this fight.
absolutely no way/ I don't care that you were wrong but these absolute statements never make any sense...

absolutely no way/ I don't care that you were wrong but these absolute statements never make any sense...
i have a terrible track rec with wmma i admit.

i tend to not get that a skinny woman is strong in women's fighting, i just have a hard time understanding power in wmma

Back