UFC Fight Night: Thompson Vs. Neal

One prop I like a lot is Morono decision at around +330 or whatever it is. He showed great output and accuracy vs Mckee (who's levels below even this version of Pettis I realize). I don't think he will threaten to put Pettis in too much danger, but I absolutely think he can just outwork Pettis at this point in both of their careers. Pettis is starting to approach the "showing up for a nice paycheck" phase of his career imo. He still has skills, but he's not even a shadow of the killer he once was. Yes, he's still capable of pulling off the surprising finish (like vs Wonderboy) but mostly he's just a guy who's kinda...in there.

I could absolutely see this being a close striking match where Pettis looks more skilled but Morono just stays busier and wins close rounds that way.

I see circle jerk on Robertson.
Nearly every podcast picks her to win

vera might be a decent live bet spot. i actually think the draw is kind of live in that fight with the potential for a 10-8 in round 3.
Agree about the possibility for a draw. I also think Hardy–Tybura has a larger than average chance of ending in a draw.

Anybody have any good live betting opportunities?
Just a couple thoughts, Neal, Williams and Tybura. If Neal catches WB he will probably be getting out pointed before the Ko. Pereira has a habit of getting too comfortable when he gets ahead and might give Khaos an opening. Hardy has pretty terrible cardio and might get out worked if the fight doesn't end early.

Is Carlton Minus good at something? Giagos very late replacement here.
At least he hang in there in last fight and was a favorite to win for some reason...

Is Carlton Minus good at something? Giagos very late replacement here.
At least he hang in there in last fight and was a favorite to win for some reason...
minus sucks, but 2 days notice and giagos is not good, my money is on carlton at 3.7. sometimes you dont need much more info to bet imo.

One prop I like a lot is Morono decision at around +330 or whatever it is. He showed great output and accuracy vs Mckee (who's levels below even this version of Pettis I realize). I don't think he will threaten to put Pettis in too much danger, but I absolutely think he can just outwork Pettis at this point in both of their careers. Pettis is starting to approach the "showing up for a nice paycheck" phase of his career imo. He still has skills, but he's not even a shadow of the killer he once was. Yes, he's still capable of pulling off the surprising finish (like vs Wonderboy) but mostly he's just a guy who's kinda...in there.

I could absolutely see this being a close striking match where Pettis looks more skilled but Morono just stays busier and wins close rounds that way.
Morono decision +355 is what I picked in the breakdown video I did with @Rebel_LioN.

Morono decision +355 is what I picked in the breakdown video I did with @Rebel_LioN.

Nice, was your breakdown (generally) kinda like what I said? This seems like a matchup between a former dynamo who's lost a step and doesn't care all that much anymore vs a ham and egger who isn't anything special but is okay and will work his ass off to win.

Nice, was your breakdown (generally) kinda like what I said? This seems like a matchup between a former dynamo who's lost a step and doesn't care all that much anymore vs a ham and egger who isn't anything special but is okay and will work his ass off to win.
I don't remember what I said exactly, but my choice for picking Morono decision +355 is that he has more striking output than Pettis, and I think he can hold/grind Pettis against the cage to steal part of a round where he needs to rest after a flurry and/or just to win the round, since Pettis is relatively easy to just hold there.

I can also see Pettis finishing Morono of Pettis were to win. I don't think Pettis wins a decision here.

I like Chito to beat Aldo, I actually very slightly favor him. Aldo looked fairly competitive with Yan at times, but he's still past his prime and I think Vera is criminally underrated. He was robbed vs Yadong imo, and should be on a 7 fight win streak. He's well rounded and his one exploitable flaw (that he'll accept guard and work from the bottom for too long of stretches vs guys who want to take him down) isn't something that Aldo will even try to take advantage of.

Chito +140ish has all the value imo.

Everyone made weight

Antonio Arroyo (194) vs. Deron Winn (194.5)*
Christos Giagos (159.5) vs. Carlton Minus (159)*

*Giagos vs. Minus is a 160-pound catchweight fight.
**Arroyo vs. Winn is a 195-pound catchweight fight.

I appreciate you posting the face-off photos and weigh in results every week. Good work.

Also, this height and size difference made me gasp this is like a throwback to old UFC with freakshow fights.
opponents-deron-winn-and-antonio-arroyo-of-brazil-face-off-during-the-picture-id1291986646

vera might be a decent live bet spot. i actually think the draw is kind of live in that fight with the potential for a 10-8 in round 3.
I think you’ll be surprised.

This is why we think about fights, post about fights and then watch them! Lets gooo, woooo!

:meow:

You're judging Aldo's ground game off times he was completely gassed. The only time he wasn't gassed you listed was R1 with Yan where he got hurt to the body badly standing then shot a TD.

Aldo's ground game is absolutely fine, his TDD is elite and if anything if he decided to grapple hard here he'd dominate cause Vera would get takendown easily and spend 15 minutes chasing non-existent submissions off his back. He handled legit grapplers like KZ, Lamas and Faber on the mat.
Yes, I was correct. And somewhat obnoxious.

Yes, I was correct. And somewhat obnoxious.
Yup. Don’t expect anyone to come back and admit that, though. On to the next one and watch these people get back at making all kinds of claims that have nothing to do with facts or performances

<{hughesimpress}>

Back