UFC Fight Night: Till vs. Vettori

I won't be too shocked to see it. Did you see Drod get everything but KOed against Grant? If Grant hadn't blown his gas he had Rodriguez dead to rights there. Even afterwards Rodriguez was just swinging hooks in the pocket and eating shots. I like DRod's boxing but the man will brawl and he can be pretty sloppy all around.
Grant is heavy handed, perry has 11 Kos but they go back as far as 2017 and he could not ko Mickey Gall neither. He doesn't have a single high rated ko. It's not outside the universe for him to win, but Drod is too consistent and has good recovery to get up if he gets dropped.

Grant is heavy handed, perry has 11 Kos but they go back as far as 2017 and he could not ko Mickey Gall neither. He doesn't have a single high rated ko. It's not outside the universe for him to win, but Drod is too consistent and has good recovery to get up if he gets dropped.
Seems like we have both found things to like about either side. I think it should be a good scrap.

<{JustBleed}>
<MikeP1>

Meh I thought he got robbed in that fight. And Dalby is a different fighter than perry. He has that sort of Karate machida style. Perry has decent power but he needs a decision win , I don't see him finishing him. While I can imagine Daniel getting the ko or decision as perry has been finished before most recently. If Perry does get the finish it would be a huge shock.
Definately not a robbery, it was a wery close fight.
Could have gone either way, I remember having it close with dalby barely edging it by one round but I would have been ok with d-rod getting the nod.

I won't be too shocked to see it. Did you see Drod get everything but KOed against Grant? If Grant hadn't blown his gas he had Rodriguez dead to rights there. Even afterwards Rodriguez was just swinging hooks in the pocket and eating shots. I like DRod's boxing but the man will brawl and he can be pretty sloppy all around.
This one worried me, but I think it was also his worst performance I saw, and yet he got a 1st Rd finish.

Seemed a lot less methodical, lot less patience. He just waded in and ate a big shot. I think he recovered well, all things considered. It was not the fighting behind a steady jab like he had done.

With the way the line has moved, I wish I got in later. Might throw a little more down. Perry being in proper shape and maybe getting his head right is a good omen for your side.

Man, I'm gonna make it home just in time for the start of this one, I hope

Definately not a robbery, it was a wery close fight.
Could have gone either way, I remember having it close with dalby barely edging it by one round but I would have been ok with d-rod getting the nod.
stats.JPG stats2.JPG

landed 33 plus ss and landed twice the amount of total strikes, sorry im not convinced. They award points for aggression and damage. Two things that Dalby didn't do , you can say he controlled the frame maybe , but there is no way all three judges should have ruled this a Ud for Dalby. Judges more than likely had massive amounts of money riding on Dalby , there is so much corrupt judging, its not even debatable.

Yeah you swayed me on Alvey or at least off Julian. I think the line could have value. Bigger, more experience, better boxer and probably grappler too I could see Sam showing up big. Gotta take my chances on the wildcard against Drod though.
This one worried me, but I think it was also his worst performance I saw, and yet he got a 1st Rd finish.

Seemed a lot less methodical, lot less patience. He just waded in and ate a big shot. I think he recovered well, all things considered. It was not the fighting behind a steady jab like he had done.

With the way the line has moved, I wish I got in later. Might throw a little more down. Perry being in proper shape and maybe getting his head right is a good omen for your side.

Man, I'm gonna make it home just in time for the start of this one, I hope
I was hoping the line would go the other way but I had to wait for the scale especially on this one.

Yeah you swayed me on Alvey or at least off Julian. I think the line could have value. Bigger, more experience, better boxer and probably grappler too I could see Sam showing up big. Gotta take my chances on the wildcard against Drod though.

I was hoping the line would go the other way but I had to wait for the scale especially on this one.
I got alvey in this 12 man stacked parlay spread out through several ufc events. Hoping none of these fights get canceled. I did avoid putting drod cause I'll give Perry a decent dogs chance.

Abdul Razak Alhassan
Tony Gravely
Marvin Vettori
Cory Sandhagen
Jiri Prochazka
Da Un Jung
Mateusz Gamrot
Sam Alvey
Jim Crute
Weili Zhang
Valentina Shevchenko
Jack Shore

Nina Ansaroff to win by finish: NO @ 1.20 / -500. Yeah sure it looks like a big number, but what am I missing here? 20% return for betting on any outcome other than Nina inside the distance, seems like it's miss-priced even at this number. The odds imply that Nina is 17% to get a finish or Dern to get an injury. Nina is is not subbing Dern, and she has virtually 0 power to end it on the feet, barring a well timed headkick. Somebody talk me out of max betting this.
Interesting. Honestly it’s hard to argue with this reasoning.

Perry had a hard time with Tim Mean's jab cross. D Rod is gonna pick him apart even worst. D rod is Means 2.0, people only giving Perry a chance cause he had that split loss to Luque. But Luque and Perry match up stylistically , they are muay thai based fighters who throw lots of hooks,elbows,knees, leg kicks etc. But when both guys ran into straight punching boxers : Luque vs wonderboy Thompson or Perry vs Means, they both feel victim to the long reach and steady jab, they dont have the slipping counter technique or elusiveness to beat these type of range fighters.

Do you really think that D Rod and Means have similar striking styles? I don't at all.

Dern and Rodriguez parlay pays around +250.

Hoping Dern can capitalize on Nina's 2 year layoff and post pregnancy. I believe Nina is on the verge of retirement. Dont think Perry has the discipline these days to be where he wants to be. His diet seems better for this fight but he still needs a good camp/coach behind him to have success. Got Dern and Rodriguez winning by UD.

Shouting this out one last time for anyone who missed. Makdessi fought Trinaldo last March, after that he had an ACL reconstruction. I believe it, I've seen him throw a spinning backfist. Those feet stop moving long before the rest of his body, constant over rotation like that and his knee was probably gone.

Unless he is lying he claims the recover took 11 months, do the math on that one. That and he has only been back in the gym since February 2021. Unless Makdessi is playing coy here we might have a lame Bull on our hands. Ignacio by way of having 2 good knees and a training camp.

Do you really think that D Rod and Means have similar striking styles? I don't at all.
Yes i do. both sit behind the 1-2 jab straight, they have straight range punches.

timestamped

Obviously no two fighters are exact, but you can't tell me you dont see parallels between the two. D-rod is much more fluid than Means imo.

Last edited:
Yes i do. both sit behind the 1-2 jab straight, they have straight range punches.

timestamped

Obviously no two fighters are exact, but you can't tell me you dont see parallels between the two. D-rod is much more fluid than Means imo.

There are loads of fighters who throw 1-2s. I'd say he's far more like Gastelum although more jab heavy. Means game is a lot different IMO. He plays a lot of handfighting, big on throwing elbows, clinch work, etc. Rodriguez is pretty much bread and butter boxing and tends to throw a lot more power shots. They both have a game to pick apart Perry, but I don't think it's because their striking style overall is similar. I'd say most guys that can remain standing, use movement and/or distance striking, avoid a brawl, etc. should do ok against Perry. I mean shit, Gall was outstriking Perry.

There are loads of fighters who throw 1-2s. I'd say he's far more like Gastelum although more jab heavy. Means game is a lot different IMO. He plays a lot of handfighting, big on throwing elbows, clinch work, etc. Rodriguez is pretty much bread and butter boxing and tends to throw a lot more power shots. They both have a game to pick apart Perry, but I don't think it's because their striking style overall is similar. I'd say most guys that can remain standing, use movement and/or distance striking, avoid a brawl, etc. should do ok against Perry. I mean shit, Gall was outstriking Perry.
Yes they do(most mma fighters use 1-2), but both guys utilize it more and its their main bread and butter, while means is slightly more muay thai heavy, Drod is more boxing, the 1-2 sets up their other strikes.

Back