UFC Fight Night - Waterson vs Rodriguez.. Maybe? Offical discussion

They're some nice mitts @Sono07. I like the Venum too, hopefully they are willing to take more chances than Reebok was with design. Reebok was so bland. I like to see a company that specializes in the sport succeed, rather than a mega company like Reebok. I played hockey, and wasn't a big fan of Reebok's move on that market there.

On the card, I always enjoy me some Barboza. Any thoughts on him as an underdog? I think I can see why, the assumption being Burgos' pressure is going to lead him to crack Barboza, perhaps in a Gaethjeian style. I'm not sure i'm convinced that happens, and Barboza in what will amount to a kickboxing match vs anyone is always a tempting pick.

They're some nice mitts @Sono07. I like the Venum too, hopefully they are willing to take more chances than Reebok was with design. Reebok was so bland. I like to see a company that specializes in the sport succeed, rather than a mega company like Reebok. I played hockey, and wasn't a big fan of Reebok's move on that market there.

On the card, I always enjoy me some Barboza. Any thoughts on him as an underdog? I think I can see why, the assumption being Burgos' pressure is going to lead him to crack Barboza, perhaps in a Gaethjeian style. I'm not sure i'm convinced that happens, and Barboza in what will amount to a kickboxing match vs anyone is always a tempting pick.
I'm with ya on the change in company's. Between the older gear being misspelled or just too cookie cutter it felt like a cash grab. I'm liking the new Venum stuff alot it definitely looks like alot of time and effort has been put into the designs. That kind of work is something I'll gladly pay out of pocket for.

I think the Barboza v Burgos fight is next week(I think anyway). I agree though he could be a very solid dog play. Unless something has changed Edson is still one of the most dangerous/explosive kickers I have seen. I was iffy on him at 145 but I want to say he has been fighting as impressively as ever. Off memory I give him a pass for the Gaethje KO.

Not sure if Justin even realized it but I'm pretty sure he ended catching Barboza with a poke and smoke combo during the finishing sequence. Might have been a crazy accident but I'm pretty sure Barboza got poked in his eye pretty badly right before the KO. I think Edson was hurt bad from that poke and trying to get separation to tell the ref but Justin landed the perfect bomb before he could.

Even Edson's loss to Felder that fight could have been a draw or gone to Edson even. In my eyes that was a super close fight both men did everything they could to stake their claim for the win. Shout out to the all refs and judges, super critical jobs that don't get enough praise or respect even from myself.

I think Edson's kicks could be a huge factor. Burgo's boxing is impressive but he seems very stiff in some of his movements and gets hit alot. He could pressure Edson but if he can't find his range Barboza could piece him up at distance just by being the more fluid and diverse striker. Honestly I think Barboza's grappling has improved alot over the years too and might even be a little underrated at this point as well. Close line but I do like Edson at that price, he is a veteran of the game for sure.

Last edited:
Cowboy vs Alex Morono has been added to the card too

Still no official confirmation Waterson/Rodriguez is happening, if it's five rounds, ect.

Waterson has signed the contract and is on the way to Vegas, apparently Rodriguez is still in Brazil

Hopefully we get a card at all this weekend. If not I'm positive I'll be around to catch the future cards so it doesn't really matter to me. I might have to skip betting the next few all together anyway, I think I'm due for a vacation soon. That and I love the pure sport of it all even just watching as a fan. It's worth seeing the fighters display their talents even without any of my skin in the game, I might have to leave the betting action to the real sharps for a while.

Hopefully we get a card at all this weekend. If not I'm positive I'll be around to catch the future cards so it doesn't really matter to me. I might have to skip betting the next few all together anyway, I think I'm due for a vacation soon. That and I love the pure sport of it all even just watching as a fan. It's worth seeing the fighters display their talents even without any of my skin in the game, I might have to leave the betting action to the real sharps for a while.
Why would they scrap the card ?

Donald Cerrone -179
(opened -169)
1 inch reach adv,
2 inch height adv
38 years old

Alex Morono +130
(opened +125)

Odds via Parimatch

Couple of fun ones I look forward to just watching if the card holds. Hawes vs Daukaus should be good. Then Neil on Neal to see which man is the real deal, I love some good scraps.

I'm with ya on the change in company's. Between the older gear being misspelled or just too cookie cutter it felt like a cash grab. I'm liking the new Venum stuff alot it definitely looks like alot of time and effort has been put into the designs. That kind of work is something I'll gladly pay out of pocket for.

I think the Barboza v Burgos fight is next week(I think anyway). I agree though he could be a very solid dog play. Unless something has changed Edson is still one of the most dangerous/explosive kickers I have seen. I was iffy on him at 145 but I want to say he has been fighting as impressively as ever. Off memory I give him a pass for the Gaethje KO.

Not sure if Justin even realized it but I'm pretty sure he ended catching Barboza with a poke and smoke combo during the finishing sequence. Might have been a crazy accident but I'm pretty sure Barboza got poked in his eye pretty badly right before the KO. I think Edson was hurt bad from that poke and trying to get separation to tell the ref but Justin landed the perfect bomb before he could.

Even Edson's loss to Felder that fight could have been a draw or gone to Edson even. In my eyes that was a super close fight both men did everything they could to stake their claim for the win. Shout out to the all refs and judges, super critical jobs that don't get enough praise or respect even from myself.

I think Edson's kicks could be a huge factor. Burgo's boxing is impressive but he seems very stiff in some of his movements and gets hit alot. He could pressure Edson but if he can't find his range Barboza could piece him up at distance just by being the more fluid and diverse striker. Honestly I think Barboza's grappling has improved alot over the years too and might even be a little underrated at this point as well. Close line but I do like Edson at that price, he is a veteran of the game for sure.
Shit, you're right it is next week. I'm just real excited for the matchup, and was watching tape last night. I like Edson too, I think Burgos is a talented guy. He's got pretty slick movement and good hands, but I don't think he has a lot of power, despite his fighting style.

We'll rehash this one in the proper thread when the time comes. I'll get some tape in on this card tonight and see what I think.

Some recency bias for marina? -210?
Greene at +170 vs de Lima?

guess the mma syndicates have spoken. #gamblenati

So weird the UFC’s website still has TBD vs. TBD as the main event. I’m assuming it’ll only be 3 Rounds regardless of who it is.

Can't believe I am considering a play on a guy with the nickname "Crochet Boss" but I think Greene has a chance to get this the ground and exploit De Lima's awful ground game, I am hopefully optimistic that some more time at Jackson's has helped him.

Like I said recency bias. What is de Lima? How has he looked? Who is paying over -200 for him? What a square bet

People who saw the Greene vs. Hardy beatdown and are purely fading him. They might not even know who De Lima is lol.

People who saw the Greene vs. Hardy beatdown and are purely fading him. They might not even know who De Lima is lol.
I guess I should be thankful these people provide me with bargain prices

I like marina but 5 rounds vs a veteran like waterson seems like the odds should be much closer.

I don’t really have any strong reads for this card like previous ones. I’m just playing numbers and perceived value right now

I like marina but 5 rounds vs a veteran like waterson seems like the odds should be much closer.

I don’t really have any strong reads for this card like previous ones. I’m just playing numbers and perceived value right now
Think I have bets on daukaus, magny, waterson, klein, diego, ribas, greene

Wouldn't call any Maurice Green bet a bargain. He's a mega bum. Rogerio is a flake on the ground but his TDD didn't look too bad against Romanov, I don't think Greene is gonna come out here and start spamming takedowns as the much taller guy.

Wouldn't call any Maurice Green bet a bargain. He's a mega bum. Rogerio is a flake on the ground but his TDD didn't look too bad against Romanov, I don't think Greene is gonna come out here and start spamming takedowns as the much taller guy.
Probably should just pass but I’m taking value plays here. Don’t really like any of them tbh. I don’t really like the card for betting so far. I could just as easily be on the other side if the prices were different

Probably should just pass but I’m taking value plays here. Don’t really like any of them tbh. I don’t really like the card for betting so far. I could just as easily be on the other side if the prices were different

For sure, if can vs can, take the dog.

Back