UFC Fight Night - Waterson vs Rodriguez.. Maybe? Offical discussion

I question Ribas fight IQ after her last fight. The path to her victory is clear: Taker Hill down and win. But I have a feeling she might again decide to keep it standing and lose this time on points.

• Zarrukh Adashev (125.5) vs. Ryan Benoit (129)

* fight is off.
ryan-benoit-attempts-to-make-weight-during-the-ufc-weighin-at-ufc-on-picture-id1316819450

I'm not going to lie, I haven't taped Rodriguez that much. I will in the next few days.

Does she fade in r3 at all? Or does she always finish strong?

I need to go back and rewatch her fights with Torres/Aguilar/Carla.

I remember Carla taking her down repeatedly, but can't remember how her gas tank was.

Marina's cardio is very good; she doesn't tire at all, even when being taken down and kept there for long periods of time. Which she will need against Waterson, whose own cardio is good as well. I definitely missed the window of opportunity here. Rodriguez was worth a play at around -160, if not a big one, but at over -200, there's not quite enough value for my liking given how tough and smart Waterson is, and a few questions about Rodriguez.

Diego Ferreira (160.5)* vs. Gregor Gillespie (156)
Philipe Lins ()^ vs. Ben Rothwell (264.5)
Zarrukh Adashev (125.5) vs. Ryan Benoit (129)#

* Ferreira was fined 30 percent of his purse, but the bout will go on as scheduled
^ Lins was not medically cleared to compete
# Benoit was ruled out due to weight management issues

opponents-marina-rodriguez-of-brazil-and-michelle-waterson-face-off-picture-id1316833068

opponents-donald-cowboy-cerrone-and-alex-morono-face-off-during-the-picture-id1316833059

opponents-neil-magny-and-geoff-neal-face-off-during-the-ufc-weighin-picture-id1316833041

opponents-maurice-greene-and-marcos-rogerio-de-lima-of-brazil-face-picture-id1316833035

opponents-diego-ferreira-of-brazil-and-gregor-gillespie-face-off-the-picture-id1316833031

opponents-amanda-ribas-of-brazil-and-angela-hill-face-off-during-the-picture-id1316833011

opponents-phil-hawes-and-kyle-daukaus-face-off-during-the-ufc-weighin-picture-id1316832997

opponents-ludovit-klein-of-slovakia-and-michael-trizano-face-off-the-picture-id1316832978

opponents-junyong-park-of-south-korea-and-tafon-nchukwi-of-cameroon-picture-id1316832963

opponents-christian-aguilera-and-carlston-harris-face-off-during-the-picture-id1316832918

#UFCVegas26

Props to consider:

Marcos Rogerio de Lima KO +120
Ludovit Klein KO +130 "The Highlight"
Gregor Gillespie dec +130
Marina Rodriguez dec +130
Donald Cerrone dec +130
Amanda Ribas dec +140

Geoffrey Neal dec +200
Tafon Nchukwi dec +240
Carlston Harris sub +250
Kyle Daukaus sub +250

What are your fav 5 props?

what the hell happened to Tafon Nchukwi, I don't recognize his face at all ? Is this the same guy lol?

yeah, even when he was walking to weight ins and faceoffs seemed to me kinda off. (Tafon)

Damn, I'm big on Gregor, and Fereirra missing weight by 4.5lbs is huge.

If he tried his heart out to cut to at least 157 and couldn't continue, that would be one thing.

But this seems like one of those, "I'm not going to make weight, might as well not drain myself any further".

If he tried his heart out to cut to at least 157 and couldn't continue, that would be one thing.

But this seems like one of those, "I'm not going to make weight, might as well not drain myself any further".
Not sure what to think here, either. Part of me says, damn that's a big difference. The other part of me thinks there could be less wrestling than we expect, and that Gregor will outstrike him.

Not sure what to think here, either. Part of me says, damn that's a big difference. The other part of me thinks there could be less wrestling than we expect, and that Gregor will outstrike him.
cdf has nasty frontkicks

I feel it's more this guy is going to tenaciously pursue me so I'm coming in without depleting myself at all

He looked rough though. His coaches helped him off the stage. I put money down on him but wondering if I should cash out after this...

Park had staph eh.

Also I had no idea Daukaus was that much taller than Hawes.

Some interesting twists here.

Back