UFC Fight Night: Whittaker vs Gastelum

I don't disagree that Espino probably has the edge wrestling but to say it took Romonov almost two rounds to get a finish over Martinez (who's only ever been finished twice before this and onc was a cut) means he's bad isn't fair, Martinez if nothing is very tough and showed no quit. In the same vein Espino couldn't finish Ben Sosili.

Espino couldn't finish Ben Sosoli, no different. I agree Espino probably has the technical edge in the wrestling but Romonov has more scope to improve, has a clear youth edge and Espino is injury prone that shows fragility.

I expect a messy fight, but I favour the younger, possibly more durable man in that kind if fight.

I don't think the technical edge is wide enough that is gives Espino a significant edge
I never said he was bad, when i compare fighters im not deciding who is bad or good but who is better. I've picked romanov all the other times but this is the first time i will bet against him, he is fighting a game opponent who trains at att and will give him a tough fight he ain't use too.

As for Martin the guy is 7-1 now, has potential to fight at a bellator event or ufc. The guy is big and has decent grappling, probably wrestled at one point.

"Will the fight go the distance" props are available to view on bestfightodds now, the rest of the props should be released tomorrow.

-185 for the Alhassan / Malkoun fight not to go the distance is very generous, especially given Alhassan's fighting style & the fact that both guys didn't last 45 seconds in their last fight.

Locked in a Cortez/Gravely parlay @ +110 the other day for $300.

I'm on Klose as well, but faaaaar less confident.

I was big on Kelvin vs Whittaker when this fight was first made.

But I legitimately think Izzy took Kelvin's soul. But with that being said, Whittaker looked average against Till who I'm not big on.

I'd lean Whittaker, but I'm not paying the price tag. If Kelvin via KO is +450 when it drops on my book, I'm playing it

Gravely-dec

Nunes-KO2

Meershardt-Sub2

Godine-Dec

Romanov-TKO2

Cortez-Dec

Ramos-Dec

Pena-Dec

Al Hassan-KO1

Arlovski-Dec

Klose-Dec

Whittaker-Dec

Locked in a Cortez/Gravely parlay @ +110 the other day for $300.

I'm on Klose as well, but faaaaar less confident.

I think Stephens wins but Klose DEC while he's a dog is gonna pretty decent value. I don't think he can finish Jeremy.

<AckbarTrap>
I hope you just post for fun. Sounds like the logic of someone trying to set betting lines not beat them.

I just won an arm wrestling match, how long you think before I'll be ready for my bellator title fight?
exp and credentials matter, they tell you a lot, i will probably not end up playing him because of his age and his chances of sustaining injury. Ignoring person's previous history is just incompetent.Lastly i never said he would fight for the title, can you even read correctly?

I disagree, have Romonov for 2 units

Have Meerchart too, strange that he's a dog.

I was big on Romanov before his fight with De Lima. What I didnt like from him in that fight was his reaction to getting hit with low kicks and dipping his head super low when going for a body lock/takedown which he tends to go for the waist+leg trip as opposed to a single or a double.

He is very top heavy and his bottom half does not seem very conditioned and will have real problems when he fights someone he cant take down (or hold down) and smother.

His sub game is very top heavy and he head hunts for neck/head submissions which against Espino will be difficult. GnP stoppage seems the most likely PTV for him but Espino who is taller and almost the same weight will present him problems even if he manages to take him down.

Could end up stalemating each other to a split decision.

But I am leaning Espino he might actually sub him with a guillotine of a sloppy takedown (which might be difficult against a tanky upper body like Romanov) but a leg lock is also gonna be there I feel.

Last edited:
Ignoring person's previous history is just incompetent.Lastly i never said he would fight for the title, can you even read correctly?
So your saying I would be a good contender for cage warriors instead? Plenty of arm wrestling experience under my belt for sure. Can I read lol.

Last edited:
I was big on Kelvin vs Whittaker when this fight was first made.

But I legitimately think Izzy took Kelvin's soul. But with that being said, Whittaker looked average against Till who I'm not big on.

I'd lean Whittaker, but I'm not paying the price tag. If Kelvin via KO is +450 when it drops on my book, I'm playing it

Regarding Gastelum I think the Hermansson fight was a bit flukey and I’m not sure the fight would end like that if they were to fight 50 more times. He also ate several hard shots vs. Heinisch so his chin is still there but the concerning part was that his cardio was kind of lacking and Gastelum has historically always had pretty good cardio.

Whittaker also had some shaky moments against both Till and Cannonier to the point I think the Gastelum with good cardio from a couple years ago would smoke him. But I think Whittaker smokes the version of Gastelum who fought Heinisch so who knows.

Regarding Gastelum I think the Hermansson fight was a bit flukey and I’m not sure the fight would end like that if they were to fight 50 more times. He also ate several hard shots vs. Heinisch so his chin is still there but the concerning part was that his cardio was kind of lacking and Gastelum has historically always had pretty good cardio.

Whittaker also had some shaky moments against both Till and Cannonier to the point I think the Gastelum with good cardio from a couple years ago would smoke him. But I think Whittaker smokes the version of Gastelum who fought Heinisch so who knows.

Yep. If this took place in 2019, that version of Kelvin would destroy Whittaker. And I'm a huge Whittaker fan.

Best play here is probably the over. Whittaker isn't finishing Kelvin, and Kelvin's only chance is to finish Rob. He's not going to be able to take him down like he did Heinisch, and if he tries he'll just drain his gas tank.

Playing an over/GTD is always a sweaty bet when it's going ti be 90% striking fight... I think it probably does go over but there will be lots of arse clenching moments

I doubt you bet anyone. Your posts here are in service of influencing betting lines not reading them.

So your saying I would be a good contender for cage warriors instead? Plenty of arm wrestling experience under my belt for sure. Can I read lol. You might be surprised with my level of reading comprehension.

Barely even one fascist of my pattern recognition skills. Allow me to provide an example. Perfect advice about knowing ones history. Anyone reading your posts without checking your history is acting just as incompetently as you want them too. It must be time consuming to be so intentionally wrong while trying to pretend to have merit.

<WellThere>

It only took a quick glance at your post history to see it is riddled full of nonsense like this. Racing against the clock to start a business are you? You're working against the clock alright, better get back to setting those lines so we can capitalize.

Tell you what, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Here is a piece of free financial advice for your business since you are not good with math. "How to file chapter 11 bankruptcy" https://www.uscourts.gov/services-forms/bankruptcy/bankruptcy-basics/chapter-11-bankruptcy-basics#:~:text=A chapter 11 case begins,creditors that meet certain requirements.

Actually go ahead and send that to whoever pays you to influence the lines too. They are going to need it soon, stupid bookies and spreadsheet junkies think they are alot more clever than they really are. Looking forward to seeing what account pops up trolling next.

First of all you are not fighter so that is irrelevant. If someone has previous experience in wrestling, sambo, amateur mma, it tells you they have milage and allows you to put a measurement on each skill in comparison to their opponent. if you read my other post you would see the night i got 12 fights in a row and even called the method on some of the fights to the Tee. The fact that you have a white belt account I’d wager that you have been banned before for this shitty behavior before. None of your post are remotely useful, atleast with my post you get a history lesson on these obscure fighters and get something to use. Lastly you don’t know what my earnings are, my win rate is low but when i do win , i make large winnings and high as 15 k on 12 man parlays to 33k playing draftkings. In the end its the same as winning 1k a week if you win 15k every two and half months.

One last thing how does a paid troll work when i have a 2008 account? I think your the paid troll white belt with a 2021 join date. Im an og poster and i wear that badge proudly , been watching mma since 1998 and will continue to support this community. And i knew some of the older moderators on this site and supported this site when it was still lowkey. So i reject your lame criticism and BLOCKED.

First of all you are not fighter so that is irrelevant. If someone has previous experience in wrestling, sambo, amateur mma, it tells you they have milage and allows you to put a measurement on each skill in comparison to their opponent. if you read my other post you would see the night i got 12 fights in a row and even called the method on some of the fights to the Tee. The fact that you have a white belt account I’d wager that you have been banned before for this shitty behavior before. None of your post are remotely useful, atleast with my post you get a history lesson on these obscure fighters and get something to use. Lastly you don’t know what my earnings are, my win rate is low but when i do win , i make large winnings and high as 15 k on 12 man parlays to 33k playing draftkings. In the end its the same as winning 1k a week if you win 15k every two and half months.

One last thing how does a paid troll work when i have a 2008 account? I think your the paid troll white belt with a 2021 join date. Im an og poster and i wear that badge proudly , been watching mma since 1998 and will continue to support this community. And i knew some of the older moderators on this site and supported this site when it was still lowkey. So i reject your lame criticism and BLOCKED.

Pretty sure you’re not going to be able to see anyone’s posts but yours soon at the rate you block people.

Also “racing against the clock” to start a business while also having an admitted coke habit sounds like a terrible idea.

I doubt you bet anyone. Your posts here are in service of influencing betting lines not reading them.

So your saying I would be a good contender for cage warriors instead? Plenty of arm wrestling experience under my belt for sure. Can I read lol. You might be surprised with my level of reading comprehension.

Barely even one fascist of my pattern recognition skills. Allow me to provide an example. Perfect advice about knowing ones history. Anyone reading your posts without checking your history is acting just as incompetently as you want them too. It must be time consuming to be so intentionally wrong while trying to pretend to have merit.

<WellThere>

It only took a quick glance at your post history to see it is riddled full of nonsense like this. Racing against the clock to start a business are you? You're working against the clock alright, better get back to setting those lines so we can capitalize.

Tell you what, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Here is a piece of free financial advice for your business since you are not good with math. "How to file chapter 11 bankruptcy" https://www.uscourts.gov/services-forms/bankruptcy/bankruptcy-basics/chapter-11-bankruptcy-basics#:~:text=A chapter 11 case begins,creditors that meet certain requirements.

Actually go ahead and send that to whoever pays you to influence the lines too. They are going to need it soon, stupid bookies and spreadsheet junkies think they are alot more clever than they really are. Looking forward to seeing what account pops up trolling next.

Lol all he has to do is this:

tenor.gif

Munoz vs Pena is intriguing.

Pena has the better striking, but has shit TDD.

Munoz was a d1 wrestler. He made his debut on 2 week notice against Nasrat, and Nasrat couldn't finish him standing, so I doubt Pena will.

I think bookies are still too high on Pena, Munoz doesn't deserve to be +125. Realistically, barring a guillotine when he shoots in, he should be able to take Pena down and control him for the majority of the fight.

Algeo vs Ramos is a tough one, I'm going back and forth on this one. Algeo's striking defence is horrific, but he's a durable guy who continues walking forward and can mix it up with his takedowns. I'm sure as long as Ramos can keep it standing he'll win comfortably, but Algeo has no quit in him and is the bigger guy. We've seen Lamas and Spike land headkicks on Algeo and we've also seen his back taken. I really want to bet Ramos at +100 but I don't know how well he will deal with the pressure. Murphy kinda fucked him up bad.

Back