UFC FN 188 PBP/Discussion

Esparza is a huge money train. Cashed her in her last 4 fights. Yan looked very meh though, not close to Zhang at all atm.

Its frustrating. How many times do I need a reminder not to bet on WMMA? I thought Yan was a high level professional fighter, but she fought like she is coming out for her debut fight. The pressure got to her, unfortunately.
Was almost on Yan, but had to remind myself Esparza isn't old and still great at what she does..

And my fade on China fighters who haven't migrated to better camps..

Free advice; MAYBE Esparza at +155 was value, but I would hate to bet against Yan at anything closer to evens. Yan is a really unique fighter and generally horrendous to bet against for several reasons (check out her history of odds for her UFC fights), and Esparza's best-case scenario here might be a 50/50 decision.

HORRIBLY wrong on this one, haha. Yan made some mistakes and didn't show the huge improvement fight-to-fight that had been her trademark thus far in the UFC. Esparza looked improved after stagnating for a few fights. Oh well, glad I didn't bet.

lmao I live bet karla as soon as she got the takedown it was all i needed to see

edit: karla has one of the best resumes in wmma history it’s kinda crazy

That was a good live bet. In another world Yan won the next 2 rounds. At +6000 it was a steal after Carla's 10-8 round.
Yea I was hoping she'd do a better job of keeping standing but then the kick happened lol

Was almost on Yan, but had to remind myself Esparza isn't old and still great at what she does..

And my fade on China fighters who haven't migrated to better camps..

She had the tools to make this a tough fight for Esparza. But she fought badly. I always thought R1 would be Esparza's best round, but Yan just ran up to her like she doesn't know anything. All she had to was jab and low kick until she found her rhythm. It just frustrating to watch someone fight well below their abilities

Anyway, terrible bet, glad you avoided this mess. Only had a unit on, luckily.

She had the tools to make this a tough fight for Esparza. But she fought badly. I always thought R1 would be Esparza's best round, but Yan just ran up to her like she doesn't know anything. All she had to was jab and low kick until she found her rhythm. It just frustrating to watch someone fight well below their abilities

Anyway, terrible bet, glad you avoided this mess. Only had a unit on, luckily.

Yan was not a terrible bet. Yan fought terribly though. A real head scratcher for sure.

Last edited:
lmao I live bet karla as soon as she got the takedown it was all i needed to see

edit: karla has one of the best resumes in wmma history it’s kinda crazy
People in this thread aren't giving Esparza enough credit imo

R1: Font (Cody got hurt 2 times in R1, but got a TD right after to avoid anymore damage.)

I got fight ending in 3 or 4 at really good odds. I'm thinking its very likely after r1

Back