UFC FN 188 PBP/Discussion

R1: Font (Cody got hurt 2 times in R1, but got a TD right after to avoid anymore damage.)
R2: Font (Clear.)
R3: Font (Clear.)
R4: Font (Clear.)
R5: Font (Clear.)

Rob Font 5-0, imo.

Yup, pure domination

Maybe a drop to 125 for Cody? He's a small 135er.

Heads up! There is an amazing match up in boxing between Josh Taylor & Jose Ramirez. It's on ESPN+.

Guess that bad judging didn't stop. Stopped watching after the heavyweight fight lol

Heads up! There is an amazing match up in boxing between Josh Taylor & Jose Ramirez. It's on ESPN+.
I tuned in at the end of Round 9 to see Ramirez getting his ass kicked. Too bad cuz I have $50 on him at +175.

Damn, I thought this card was on at the usual time. Oh well, at least my bets paid after losing on the last 2 events, I had 3 units on Hermansson and a cheeky 0.25 bet on Rothwell sub.

Last edited:
It's too hard to score accurately while commentating, they should bring on dedicated scorecard guy like boxing does.

You mean like Harold Lederman...that fella always knew what was going on!!! (sarcasm)

Font somehow still took somewhat of a beating and displayed the usual porous takedown defense even in a dominating win.

Honestly, I see a career collapse incoming for Garbrandt. Prior to the event, I watched on the UFC youtube channel his fighter timeline. Even when he wins, he has horrible tendencies striking. If you can beat him to the punch, you are almost guaranteed to catch him. Someone with a good jab like Font can do that all day, but you can also catch him pretty easily in the pocket. If Garbrandt didn't have ridiculous speed with power, I don't think he'd even last in the UFC. I only see his speed diminishing over time, and he's definitely not reacting well to getting hit either.

Honestly, I see a career collapse incoming for Garbrandt. Prior to the event, I watched on the UFC youtube channel his fighter timeline. Even when he wins, he has horrible tendencies striking. If you can beat him to the punch, you are almost guaranteed to catch him. Someone with a good jab like Font can do that all day, but you can also catch him pretty easily in the pocket. If Garbrandt didn't have ridiculous speed with power, I don't think he'd even last in the UFC. I only see his speed diminishing over time, and he's definitely not reacting well to getting hit either.

Agree. I was a little surprised at how his chin stood up last night though. Mostly Font landed jabs but he did also connect with some power shots and Cody didn't get melted which I assumed he would as soon as he took anything with real steam on it.

Back