UFC FOX 22 pbp/discussion

Mickey Gall on post fight show.

This kid is awesome. Not sure how people can not like him.

As I slept through fight stupidly, how did Paul Craig look?

Looked pretty good but Silva gassed completely about halfway through the first round so take it for what it's worth.

Dude - you thought Cole was going to grapplefuck Hirota. I don't know how you can analyze grappling exchanges after that.
And many of you thought moontasri would outstrike MORONO. Not saying to you that you never can analyze boxing exchanges anymore... Leave it at that its endless bragging. Both sides are right.

Sage should take some time off from fighting and train more seriously. Who is he going to face? are there many worse guys than Gall? I mean I guess he won't fight Cm punk. He has made few hundred grand... he should be okay

I hate to break it to Jouban but he is not top 15. If he gets places there it's just by talking into it (nothing's wrong with that) but I'd probably rank 5-7 guys ahead of him.

I hate to break it to Jouban but he is not top 15. If he gets places there it's just by talking into it (nothing's wrong with that) but I'd probably rank 5-7 guys ahead of him.
I wouldn't be opposed to him getting a decent fight next

He called out "anyone top 15 or Mickey Gall" LOL.

Gall is already a "name" and people want to fight him.

Me either but he shouldn't be ranked top 15 after this fight. What was suggested above is good with me especially the later. If they want to give him a high ranked opponent Gunnar Nelson would be a good fight.

Usman deserves to be ranked top 15 with Ellenberger out, and if Rick Story doesn't fight soon he shouldn't be ranked.

I think Jouban finally showed he has a brain. I'm a fan.

And yea. Gall parlaying the CM Punk victory like a boss

man i definitely overbet aldana here. it hurt.

but i couldn't bet smith. i never saw it going down that way. i'm just shocked how unsteady aldana was on her feet. smith should not have been able to bully her the way she did, much less drop her.

credit to smith. i underestimated her. but i'm shocked.

I know EZ me too. Was that a case of smith being the best version of herself we've seen or was Aldana overrated? Both? Maybe jitters?

I know EZ me too. Was that a case of smith being the best version of herself we've seen or was Aldana overrated? Both? Maybe jitters?

i think it was combination of all those things.. maybe tough weightcut too? she looked slower to me then what i saw on tape.. either way it tought me valuable lesson to never bet a big favorite in wmma again unless its cyborg :D

I ended up. +16.65u profit. Aldana and Craig burned bad.

I'm up pretty well the past 60 and 180 days in MMA only with a bounce coming out of tonight. Hope it continues..been getting eaten up on NCAA BB last few weeks too..

IMG_0751_zpsu5e74yh8.jpg

IMG_0753_zpsymijdv4i.jpg

Need more time off work to study these cards too ...lately I end up not knowing or remembering 25% of the fighters on the card but feel compelled to bet them all LOL

i think it was combination of all those things.. maybe tough weightcut too? she looked slower to me then what i saw on tape.. either way it tought me valuable lesson to never bet a big favorite in wmma again unless its cyborg :D

I know...I literally did tape study and saw like about a 20% path to victory for smith....I mean, Aldana had all the X factors coming in. Size, speed, power, technique and less wear and tear on her body...I guess we shouldn't have taken much from beatdowns over Jessamyn Duke, Peggy Morgan and Faith van Duin lol

WMMA is a money pit lol

Im still just so confused by Aldana fight. What do yall think happened there? I somehow ended up a few units but this one phased me as it was my main play.

Back