UFC FOX 22 - PVS vs Waterson - Sacramento

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna go ahead and present a real case for Jouban instead of being an annoying clown like Robbie

Perry nothing but a pocket puncher. Jouban clinches in that range where he will bust up Perry. Perry with zero head movement and allowed ROberts to do same combo all fight. Jouban has a more diverse offensive arsenal.

Can Perry savage into the pocket and land a big bomb? Sure but I don't favor it to happen over Jouban winning so definitely not considering Perry as a fave

I'm gonna go ahead and present a real case for Jouban instead of being an annoying clown like Robbie

Perry nothing but a pocket puncher. Jouban clinches in that range where he will bust up Perry. Perry with zero head movement and allowed ROberts to do same combo all fight. Jouban has a more diverse offensive arsenal.

Can Perry savage into the pocket and land a big bomb? Sure but I don't favor it to happen over Jouban winning so definitely not considering Perry as a fave
Your case is Jouban trying to stay close and clinch with a durable power puncher the whole fight when he has a chin made out of christmas wrapping paper?

Your case is Jouban trying to clinch with Perry, a power puncher, the whole fight when he has a chin made out of christmas wrapping paper?
No, it's clearly not if you read what I said without acting like a clown. You let me know when you're ready to do that

Love this card for betting. Gall, Perry, Hirota, Serrano, Holtzman, and Waterson so far.

jouban is growing a bild spot in the back of his head

you can see ut in his fights when he gets sweaty

Gall spending time with Firas

lol guess the time with Sage didn't go so well

Jeez I was the one touting Gall the whole time when those juicy Euro lines opened and now with him being a solid favorite I might not even be able to pull the trigger. Just have to settle for his sub line if it's even somewhat decent.

Somebody please fucking bet Sage!!!!

Gall is only -130. Not bad at all IMO.

It's pretty easy to make an argument for Gall. He's clearly a lot better on the ground. Sage ends up on the ground all of the time. It was very evident in his pre-UFC days too. He's similar to Scoggins where he just can't help but wrestle even if he's doing good standing. His heart is also very questionable.

It's pretty easy to make an argument for Gall. He's clearly a lot better on the ground. Sage ends up on the ground all of the time. It was very evident in his pre-UFC days too. He's similar to Scoggins where he just can't help but wrestle even if he's doing good standing. His heart is also very questionable.
Betting a favorite who's best win is CM Punk over a developing prospect with actual experience is just about as illogical as it gets, especially when the only argument you can make is potential jiu jitsu advantage. Dk if he can even put Sage on his back.

The "actual experience" Sage has brought down his stock big time. He's been overvalued in his last two fights. He did not look good against Marin as a heavy favorite and we saw how bad he looked vs. Barberena. Gall may not have much experience, but you can tell he's a solid grappler and has experience grappling.

I'd be very surprised if this fight doesn't hit the mats as well. In his last 6 fights, I think every one hit the floor besides Trevino iirc. He always goes for takedowns and welcomes grappling even if he shouldn't be.

The "actual experience" Sage has brought down his stock big time. He's been overvalued in his last two fights. He did not look good against Marin as a heavy favorite and we saw how bad he looked vs. Barberena. Gall may not have much experience, but you can tell he's a solid grappler and has experience grappling.

I'd be very surprised if this fight doesn't hit the mats as well. In his last 6 fights, I think every one hit the floor besides Trevino iirc. He always goes for takedowns and welcomes grappling even if he shouldn't be.
Yeah brought down his stock relative to where he stands presently in the UFC. Not brought down his stock as in it's now reasonable to bet a guy with no regional experience as a favorite because his jiu jitsu might be better.

And if Sage hits takedowns, somehow Gall winning tournies that are ran every other week means he can sweep Sage? Surely Sage is learning too and isn't just a sitting duck to get swept without controlling from top for a reasonable amount of time

Sage/Gall has so much unknown, best to keep any bets small.

can someone do a breakdown of emmett/holtzman? i have no time to watch tape.

From now til next Saturday I will be dumbfounded no one shares the same thoughts as me towards this Sage vs Mickey freak show fight

Betting a favorite who's best win is CM Punk over a developing prospect with actual experience is just about as illogical as it gets, especially when the only argument you can make is potential jiu jitsu advantage. Dk if he can even put Sage on his back.

Joe..."potential jiu jitsu advantage"? C'mon.

I understand thinking it's a bad bet to play Gall as a favorite. I like him to win and even I'm extremely hesitant to pull the trigger. But don't be ridiculous. It's not a "potential" grappling edge. It's an obvious bjj advantage that's undeniable. Whether he gets to use it is for sure up for debate. Whether it's there isn't.

Yeah brought down his stock relative to where he stands presently in the UFC. Not brought down his stock as in it's now reasonable to bet a guy with no regional experience as a favorite because his jiu jitsu might be better.

And if Sage hits takedowns, somehow Gall winning tournies that are ran every other week means he can sweep Sage? Surely Sage is learning too and isn't just a sitting duck to get swept without controlling from top for a reasonable amount of time

Unless Sage has made drastic improvements and changed his style completely, he won't look to hold position on takedowns. He's very loose and aggressive.

I think it's pretty easy to make an argument that it's more irrational to bet a guy that has shown several holes in his game, particularly in an area where his opponent excels, and go on hope that he's a "prospect" and improving (although we aren't seeing improvements from fight to fight as it is).

I agree with Vkram though. It's not a fight where I think anyone should go heavy.

The fight is pretty near a pick 'em. Lol at Joe acting as though Gall is heavy favored and everyone is betting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back