UFC FOX 22 - PVS vs Waterson - Sacramento

Status
Not open for further replies.
More tape watching.

Craig doesn't look like anything ultra special at all, but Frankenstein is just WAY too easy to hit. Not sure how anyone can lay juice on him. Yeah he's looked really durable but the one thing Craig looks to really excel at is scrambles. It's not hard for me to see him stunning Frankenstein at some point and using that opportunity to lock up a sub. Taking a stab at Craig itd +346.

I'm bummed Gall's price has gotten steeper. I'm watching it hoping we see some Sage $ come in, I want to add to Gall. After watching Sage vs Marin and Sage vs Barb again (this time watched whole fight vs Marin and not just rd 1), the habits he has are basically MAKING me bet more on Gall.

Yes, I know Gall hasn't fought anyone. Let's get that out of the way (again).

First, (as I mentioned), he won't stand his ground to slip and counter when he's pressured. In basically 5 rounds that I watched, he did it exactly ONCE. There were times he angled off (which is okay) and reset. But more often he moved straight backward and ended up with his back against the cage. Sometimes he did it even when not pressured. Gall doesn't have to have faced anyone or even have to know how to set up a takedown to get to where he needs to be if Sage does any of the things he consistently did in these fights.

Once his back is to the cage, he gladly accepts his opponent getting double underhooks multiple times. No attempt to pommel out, just sits there. He also doesn't try to hit a switch or do anything to discourage getting taken down once his opponents level change and have ahold of him. If I was in his corner I'd want to jump in the cage and punch him myself out of frustration.

Finally, as @Oblivian has mentioned he willingly engages in grappling exchanges even when he should be doing the EXACT OPPOSITE. Against Marin especially, he'd have been completely dominated if not for his size and strength advantage (which he won't have vs Gall).

If I have to bet more at -140 I will, though I'd like a better price. After the 23-24 minutes I just watched of Sage, there's just too many holes that are too easily exploited by a grappler of Gall's caliber. Makes no difference that he hasn't beaten anyone yet to me. If the same Sage shows up that we saw the last 2 fights, he's gonna get dominated.

Last edited:
people can hate me now but i think marin is better grappler than gall.

damn mike you are obsessed with this fight lol

I started to watch other fights (Frankenstein, Craig, then Sandoval and Serrano) and of course saw a post here about this one and realized I hadn't watched the first round of Sage/Barb again. One thing led to another...yeah.

I'm gonna end up pretty big on Gall here after thinking I'd be betting this fight small. I was literally watching tape just now TRYING to find positives about Sage and his flaws just kept popping up. FML if I'm wrong because I've spent more time watching Sage tape and breaking this fight down here than I should have. Will be a-ok if Gall wins. If not...ugh.

the nonsense ends now, seriously. I have issued several warnings to several people. some double yellows, some single yellows, some verbal warnings.

no more derailing threads with dick measuring contests.

if someone is antagonizing you, don't give in to it. you look worse when you do. this goes to anyone. PM me if someone is harassing you.

we're here to discuss the fights and help each other.

even if you didn't get a personal message just now, consider this your warnings. no more bashing each other, trolling each other, derailing the thread. none of us want to scroll through all of that nonsense.

now back to deleting more of these toxic posts over the past couple pages.

Remember that you're losing money every time you use stuff like that (and "cash-outs etc).
Yes, I know. Definitely wouldn't do all my parlays that way but could be good in some cases. For example a freeroll on Barb in a parlay or 2, or similar parlays where you their wise might be hesitant about adding a big/ moderate dog to a parlay.

people can hate me now but i think marin is better grappler than gall.

Based on...what LOL?

People aren't going to "hate" you for saying that. They are just going to wonder where the hell you get this opinion from.

Obviously MMA grappling has some differences, but what has Marin done that makes you say that? Gall is competing against some of the best in the world and holding his own. Marin? Not that I know of.

Do you know what book he works for?

https://player.fm/series/anik-and-florian

listen to episode 83, the segment with him (matthew holt)

i highly recommend it. just skip ahead to it, it's in the middle or towards the end, i forget. very interesting listen.

he's kinda a line setter, or works for the company that sets / runs vegas mma lines, amongst other things

Gall is competing against some of the best in the world and holding his own. Marin? Not that I know of.
He beat CM punk (white belt) and Mike Jackson (white belt also) I have no idea what belt is ron templeton. He was there with tonon in a graplling fight just to survive. didn't see anything spectacular right there. Marin has 15 years of jiu jitsu. He held his own in grappling exchanges against A level athlete purple belt ex wrestler. You don't know how difficult is to grapple with guys who are lower ranks than you but much better athletes. Gall might very well be brown belt c level athlete. Athleticism counts. A level athlete blue belt can beat c level brown belt.

man, serrano did look softer, honestly.

i'm actually buying out. a lot of people see something in sandoval. i'm not confident. leaving a tiny freeroll on serrano and a small play on serrano dec (he doesn't know how to finish fights, anyway)

He beat CM punk (white belt) and Mike Jackson (white belt also) I have no idea what belt is ron templeton. He was there with tonon in a graplling fight just to survive. didn't see anything spectacular right there. Marin has 15 years of jiu jitsu. He even in grappling exchanges with A level athlete purple belt ex wrestler. You don't know how difficult is to grapple with guys who are lower ranks than you but much better athletes. Gall might very well be brown belt c level athlete. Athleticism counts. A level athlete blue belt can beat c level brown belt.

Do you know who Gordon Ryan is? I'm definitely not trying to be a dick here, but Marin would get absolutely taken apart by Ryan in grappling. Watch Gall vs Gordon Ryan at the NAGA world championships and you'll see that Gall is simply levels better than Marin. I don't think this is even debatable.

Do you know who Gordon Ryan is? I'm definitely not trying to be a dick here, but Marin would get absolutely taken apart by Ryan in grappling. Watch Gall vs Gordon Ryan at the NAGA world championships and you'll see that Gall is simply levels better than Marin. I don't think this is even debatable.

ups i messed up garry tonon and gordon ryan .. ofc i know who he is. judging by this video ryan was toying with him.

Might stab at Jouban dec +450. If he actually sticks to a good game plan and Perry's chin holds up, this doesn't seem that unrealistic. I mean the Danny Roberts fight almost went to a decision and was competitive.

man, serrano did look softer, honestly.

i'm actually buying out. a lot of people see something in sandoval. i'm not confident. leaving a tiny freeroll on serrano and a small play on serrano dec (he doesn't know how to finish fights, anyway)
- sandoval is better striker. serrano throws telegraphed spinning shit and single strikes.
- watch benoit vs serrano ( world class wrestler couldn't hold down regular guy... plus his movements on top are whitebeltish) Hector will get back to his feet when ever he want.
-serrano gasses badly

i think u made a good decision

ups i messed up garry tonon and gordon ryan .. ofc i know who he is. judging by this video ryan was toying with him.

That's what you see when you watch that match LOL? I umm...wow. So...Gall sweeping him those two times was because...Ryan was just "toying with him"? The same Gordon Ryan that subbed Keenan Cornelius and pretty much everyone else he's faced over the last year or two? Marin might, MIGHT last a couple minutes with Ryan. MAYBE. But very likely not. Sage probably lasts a minute.

Again, I realize this is grappling and not MMA, there's differences. But if you are really downplaying Gall's grappling game, you just don't know much about grappling. There's ways Gall loses this fight for sure, but convincing yourself he's not a top tier grappler is just dumb.

@mkess101 I would probably just quit responding to OB unless you want to waste a lot of your time

Probably.

It's weird. He's been on here after taking big losses posting really depressing stuff. That he's destitute, etc. If he was telling the truth (and who knows if he was embellishing or what), you'd think he'd come here for actual feedback and to help himself make better choices when betting fights. Instead it seems like he'd rather get an idea in his head, then subbornly stick with it even when presented with a mountain of evidence that contradicts his view.

Oh well...

Probably.

It's weird. He's been on here after taking big losses posting really depressing stuff. That he's destitute, etc. If he was telling the truth (and who knows if he was embellishing or what), you'd think he'd come here for actual feedback and to help himself make better choices when betting fights. Instead it seems like he'd rather get an idea in his head, then subbornly stick with it even when presented with a mountain of evidence that contradicts his view.

Oh well...
Its nice to read different opinions and stuff sometimes it helps. Thats why I am so successful because I think out of box and trust my own opinion the most. Hey can you answer me why iv been in top 5 (out of more than 1000 contenders) last two seasons?(tapology.com) hehe......
Hey and I have sweeped my black belt instructor too in sparring.. that doesn't mean i'm anywhere good. If you think 2 sweeps shows something you are highly mistaken my boi. Ryan felt that the guy isn't on his level and kinda toyed with him. Saved his gas tank for the next round
And Ivtaken few big robberies. I haven't lost anything. trust be you wudd be pissed too if you lose 5-10k because judges are retarded.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back