UFC Fox 25 - PBP/Discussion

weidmans punch resistance is gone. if that kd wouldve happened at the 2:00 he mightve been stopped for a fourth consecutive time

hes lucky he didnt rematch moose. chris is a ko ready to happen

It's hard to say that. Kelvin closes distance so fast. And look how many people he's put on their ass if not finished out right. Chris made a single technical mistake and KG capitalized with quickness. He got right back up whereas that would've KOd a lot of fighters. I believe that punch puts him on his ass no matter if it was 2010 or 2017. He was off-balance, the momentum was perfect for KG to explode into the shot and Chris bounced right back up. What's more, he used his range beautifully tonight and I'm not sure if it was the second or third round but he was lighting KG up with like a 7-punch combo that had the youngster on skates.

It's hard to say that. Kelvin closes distance so fast. And look how many people he's put on their ass if not finished out right. Chris made a single technical mistake and KG capitalized with quickness. He got right back up whereas that would've KOd a lot of fighters. I believe that punch puts him on his ass no matter if it was 2010 or 2017. He was off-balance, the momentum was perfect for KG to explode into the shot and Chris bounced right back up. What's more, he used his range beautifully tonight and I'm not sure if it was the second or third round but he was lighting KG up with like a 7-punch combo that had the youngster on skates.

imo, weidman was in bad shape after the kd. it wasnt like when magny was dropped. chris covered up, to a certain extent he turtled, and was then saved by the bell

gastelum is not a guy with one punch ko power and i believe that retired kennedy gassed more than anything else.

i won money on him tonight but he is fade material

By the way, another fighter that asked for the bonus didn't get one. I'm not saying that he definitely desbut Shane Burgos was definitely in the running. But like I said, I read that the UFC was trying to send a message that begging for bonuses isn't going to get you a bonus.

I'm interested to see where the Chris goes from here. He looked good tonight, especially for coming off a few tough losses. I wish I paid more attention to that sub line, he hadn't had a sub in years but he does have some nasty chokes like when he d'arced Filthy Tom to sleep years ago.

Think I said it itt earlier, and I'm no grappling expert, but it seemed to me like he was showing like he wanted to take Kelvin's back and then setup that arm triangle very cleverly. Maybe it was obvious but it didn't seem like Kelvin noticed it until the last sec either lol.

For what it's worth, two judges gave Gastelum round 1

Wouldn't it have made more sense to have a 9-9 first?

Weidman was winning the entire round before the last knock out down.

Well this was my worst event ever. 6U down thanks to mainly Kelvin and Benavidz. FML.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to have a 9-9 first?

Weidman was winning the entire round before the last knock out down.

round winner gets 10 points

if no round winner and no points deduction, a round could theoretically be 10-10

judges almost never do them.

By the way, another fighter that asked for the bonus didn't get one. I'm not saying that he definitely desbut Shane Burgos was definitely in the running. But like I said, I read that the UFC was trying to send a message that begging for bonuses isn't going to get you a bonus.

I don't think Burgos was really in the running. The fight was nowhere near as good as the Good/Santos fight and he didn't get the finish.

I dont think you can say kelvin lost rd1..if you wanna give it 10-10 thats fine. No way he lost a rd that could have potentially been stopped had it went another 30 seconds. But i put a lot of emphasis on coming close to finishing the fight

Well this was my worst event ever. 6U down thanks to mainly Kelvin and Benavidz. FML.

Bummer Kelvin couldn't get more done in there. Chris did a great job of sticking on Kelvin, his gas held out and he got a bit lucky with that 1st rounded ending when it did.

round winner gets 10 points

if no round winner and no points deduction, a round could theoretically be 10-10

judges almost never do them.
Is that because it's a 10 point must system? Trying to figure out the new rules. Knockdowns are supposed to score apparently, but I still felt weidman won the round or it was a draw at best

Bermudez getting out-wrestled by Elkins was a shocker.

Bummer Kelvin couldn't get more done in there. Chris did a great job of sticking on Kelvin, his gas held out and he got a bit lucky with that 1st rounded ending when it did.

Yeah, I fell asleep and just woke up to the results but I'm impressed and surprised by the result. Gotta rewatch it soon.

Oh well, this was a bit too much money down the drain in one night.

I got absolutely mollywhopped tonight. Dogs were barking except the ones i bet on bochniak/almeida...rough night down 13u back to the drawing board! Congrats to everyone who did good

A few things im learning are i keep getting burned by fighters that are not as physically good but have more heart and grit. And im always thinking skills will win at the end of the day but its not always so. I will take this into account in the future bets

My analysis was were way off on this card.

Villante hurt Cummins early but didn't do much after (hurt him again in the third and let him off the hook). Perhaps because of the constant takedowns attempts as mentioned on the broadcast. Cummins' stand up look improved, especially defensively.

Bermudez fought a weird fight for the first two rounds (round one especially). Was trying to be too fancy and do weird stuff, when he back to the basics in the third (and a bit in the second) it looked how I thought it would. Props to Elkins for being super tough and grindy. Thought Bermudez nicked the second round but it was super close.

Weidman used his size and wrestling advantage very well. His BJJ was on point too. Apart from getting dropped at the end of the first his stand up looked decent too. Gastelum's get ups weren't up to scratch and Weidman made him pay for it. Gastelum should definitely go back to welterweight, he has championship potential there. Glad to see Weidman finally get a win though, he deserves it.

Back