UFC on ABC 2 pbp

As a bitter ITD bettor, I honestly think fighters like Vettori are promotional poison. He's athletic, has a good camp and fight IQ, and will absolutely sap any energy in the room. He's been in the UFC half a decade and his finishes are over Karl Roberson and Alberto Pereira. You can't sell an event on a Vettori. He doesn't have beautiful takedowns, he isn't going to chain subs. He doesn't have a striking game that gets anyone interested. And, he's not going to enter into wars, either.

He will show up, be athletic, wear someone down and definitely get you to the next three commercial breaks, so I guess that has a purpose, too.

Did anyone see his arm triangle attempts? He gave up on it from mount, and just let himself get sucked back into guard.
That's my bitter Vettori rant.

Hey, leave Jon Fitchttori alone

i actually am less convinced now vettori would beat till, he wont be able to get many takedowns against till imo.

@mkess101 I'd say Vettori was worth -380 -400 just because of the wrestling game but I underestimated Holland for sure, the guy is no scrub.

He’s got some flashy attacks but Marvin was there to be hit. Anyone who stands and bangs with Holland is gonna put themselves into dire straits but there’s absolutely no reason to do that when he’s clearly compromised on the ground.

He’s got some flashy attacks but Marvin was there to be hit. Anyone who stands and bangs with Holland is gonna put themselves into dire straits but there’s absolutely no reason to do that when he’s clearly compromised on the ground.
My whole read on that revolved on me thinking Marvins ground game is probably at least top 3 at 185. You're right he is there to be hit, if he gots a title shot that might bite him in the ass. Still undervalued lone I'm my opinion Vettori was value from open to close today.

Last edited:
The dern fight still hurts, still dunno if she's improved her wrestling or if it was some bs fluke cause her takedowns up to that point were utter dog shit. Also just when it looked like nunes would survive she taps with 10s left to add more salt to the wound. Thousands of dollars swing due to this early finish feels bad, gotta shake it off and find new spots in future cards. At a glance next week looks pretty meh compared to today.

The dern fight still hurts, still dunno if she's improved her wrestling or if it was some bs fluke cause her takedowns up to that point were utter dog shit. Also just when it looked like nunes would survive she taps with 10s left to add more salt to the wound. Thousands of dollars swing due to this early finish feels bad, gotta shake it off and find new spots in future cards. At a glance next week looks pretty meh compared to today.
Having a baby is apparently the worst base for a training camp. The flags were there, maybe Dern does the same regardless but Nina looked like she came back too soon too soft

At the risk of sounding like an asshole anyone who thought Knight would win clearly doesn't understand leverage.

Dern's aggressive striking style will help her get the takedownd in the future I think

Ps make the next event thread. I'm charging my phone, have nothing to do and am gonna get a start on it

Ha they already added the Venom gear to the ufc 4 game. Damn that marketing team is on point

Ps make the next event thread. I'm charging my phone, have nothing to do and am gonna get a start on it
Feel free to make it man. I might cool down for the rest of the day. Just needs a title, I like to add the poster too or screen shot the odds. Who doesn't like a little flair? Careful though don't give too much information out to the people who set the lines too early..... Hard to outwork the bookies if we give them too many notes.

@mkess101 I'd say Vettori was worth -380 -400 just because of the wrestling game but I underestimated Holland for sure, the guy is no scrub.

It was total domination in the grappling game, which yeah I think we both expected. Holland landed some good shots in the standup, enough that if I was paying big juice on Vettori at the very least would have had me a little nervous a few times.

Yeah -350 or so I guess I'd say in hindsight maybe? Maybe -400?

It was total domination in the grappling game, which yeah I think we both expected. Holland landed some good shots in the standup, enough that if I was paying big juice on Vettori at the very least would have had me a little nervous a few times.

Yeah -350 or so I guess I'd say in hindsight maybe? Maybe -400?
He dominated the majority of the striking exchanges too. Holland blitzed him once or twice but the worst that happened was Vettori lost his mouth piece. Holland's most impactful strike was probably that clean cup shot in r1. Veteran move too, great way to take some steam off the hot headed Vettori.

He dominated the majority of the striking exchanges too. Holland blitzed him once or twice but the worst that happened was Vettori lost his mouth piece. Holland's most impactful strike was probably that clean cup shot in r1. Veteran move too, great way to take some steam off the hot headed Vettori.

I tend to agree but in the prolonged striking exchanges Holland was landing some good shots too.

Whoever it was saying that Marquez wasn't successful on the mic or whatever.

You and I don't have to like it, but that won't stop me from recognizing that it was a successful approach (even if I wish it wasn't). He stands out because others are so bland. He's like the abnormally shaped potato in a bag of normal regular ones.

And look

shes more mentally prepared than she’s ever been, in the best shape I’ve seen her in, and her striking is improved. Once it’s on the ground it’s fuckin over as well.

Whoever it was saying that Marquez wasn't successful on the mic or whatever.

You and I don't have to like it, but that won't stop me from recognizing that it was a successful approach (even if I wish it wasn't). He stands out because others are so bland. He's like the abnormally shaped potato in a bag of normal regular ones.

And look

The dude is charismatic and highly intelligent for sure. He does a good job of marketing himself and brings more attention to the ufc, probably just the type of guy Dana is looking for.

Same dude. Was was huge on Nina and Castro. Really hurts losing those big ones you’re super confident in.

Back