UFC on ESPN 14 PBP/Discussion

Enjoyed that fight thoroughly, I bet Whittaker, but wasn't a clearcut decision to me. 4 and 5 were very close and I thought Till had the more meaningful shots. Then again round 2 could easily be a 10-8 for Whittaker.

Fantastic night of betting all in all, see you in the next one guys.

oh i see they gave whittaker 2 takedowns now, thank god!

Finally a small fun parlay hit in my little experiments with parlays since started so for now in profit. Should had went with what I wanted on Kianzad, with parlays you can of course go against your mainplays, no need for an absolute flawless night ,and should had stuck to Kianzad first gut is usually right. Still happy finally hit one and one got close.
Odds on the failed parlay was around 156, thats a bummer but my own mistake, bad bet, happy the 4 leg hit.
47e61e3044a87595911d1770d9423f58.png

I'm not seeing giving Till either 4 or 5 honestly. And remember, I was on Till not Rob so this is NOT biased due to my action. Till maybe landed a couple shots that were harder than Rob's in 4 and 5, but that's ALL he did. He was just amazingly inactive, and that's compared to Rob who was inactive himself.

The fight was there for Till to win, too. He didn't need to be a lot more active, but he needed to do SOMETHING. Rob really didn't look great, and when Till let his hands go he had real success. But he just stood there and refused to do it for almost the entire fight.

I'm not seeing giving Till either 4 or 5 honestly. And remember, I was on Till not Rob so this is NOT biased due to my action. Till maybe landed a couple shots that were harder than Rob's in 4 and 5, but that's ALL he did. He was just amazingly inactive, and that's compared to Rob who was inactive himself.

The fight was there for Till to win, too. He didn't need to be a lot more active, but he needed to do SOMETHING. Rob really didn't look great, and when Till let his hands go he had real success. But he just stood there and refused to do it for almost the entire fight.

That's my biggest knock on Till anyway. He is just a very low volume guy and seems to wait for the perfect punch too much.
As for Whittaker, I thought he looked pretty good. Showed some of his wrestling chops, fought smart and most importantly his chin seems fine.

gained around 8u today, if boser fight went the distance i'd have won double as that burned a few parlays. Noguiera 81 odds parlay also died. Overall happy with results, looking forward to next event.

and my biggest regret is not going all-in on aspinall ITD vs that oversized pig

Till too inactive even though he had the most important moments in r4, r5. Rob won with leg kicks like Volk tbh. Close though, don't think the scorecards or decision were outlandish even tho I think Till won 3-2. Judges had consistent judging though tonight... Rob, Carla, and Shogun all had similar type of decision wins.

Rob looked just OK to me.

That's my biggest knock on Till anyway. He is just a very low volume guy and seems to wait for the perfect punch too much.
As for Whittaker, I thought he looked pretty good. Showed some of his wrestling chops, fought smart and most importantly his chin seems fine.

My issue with Rob tonight was that the combos were nonexistant. He was throwing one shot at a time, every now and then a second punch behind it. None of the slick combos with 3, 4, 5 punches that he's thrown with success in the past. He's lucky he was fighting a guy who wanted to mostly feint and not throw punches.

My issue with Rob tonight was that the combos were nonexistant. He was throwing one shot at a time, every now and then a second punch behind it. None of the slick combos with 3, 4, 5 punches that he's thrown with success in the past. He's lucky he was fighting a guy who wanted to mostly feint and not throw punches.
I think the knockdown in the first round really shook him. He was looking great before that. But after that he was more timid.

Fair enough, to be honest I had low expectations and was just hoping he wouldn't look like a wreck after his last fights .
I think with the confidence boost and some more (proper) training he'll get back to his former self.

RIP

Hope someone bet jesse. Happy for the guy, was very unlucky during hia first ufc tenure

Mentioned it in the thread. I thought it was easily the best line on the card. I'm surprised there was very little discussion on the fight honestly. The +3.5 may have actually been the best line though. + money for that? I honestly think the +3.5 would hit 80% of the time in that fight.

Mentioned it in the thread. I thought it was easily the best line on the card. I'm surprised there was very little discussion on the fight honestly. The +3.5 may have actually been the best line though. + money for that? I honestly think the +3.5 would hit 80% of the time in that fight.
Werdum sub odds were up there too

Back