UFC on ESPN 2 PBP/Discussion

PuertoRican

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Dw7l32V.jpg

Main Card (ESPN)

Edson Barboza (20-6) vs. Justin Gaethje (19-2) (Lightweight)
David Branch (22-5) vs. Jack Hermansson (18-4) (Middleweight)
Josh Emmett (13-2) vs. Michael Johnson (19-13) (Featherweight)
Karolina Kowalkiewicz (12-3) vs. Michelle Waterson (16-6) (Women's Strawweight)
Paul Craig (10-3) vs. Kennedy Nzechukwu (6-0) (Light Heavyweight)
Sheymon Moraes (11-2) vs. Sodiq Yusuff (8-1) (Featherweight)

Preliminary Card (ESPN)

Jessica Aguilar (20-7) vs. Marina Rodriguez (10-0-1) (Strawweight)
Ross Pearson (20-15) vs. Desmond Green (21-8) (Lightweight)
Enrique Barzola (15-3-1) vs. Kevin Aguilar (16-1) (Featherweight)
Kevin Holland (13-4) vs. Gerald Meerschaert (28-10) (Middleweight)

Preliminary Card (ESPN+)

Ray Borg (11-3) vs. Casey Kenney (11-1-1) (Bantamweight)
Maryna Moroz (8-3) vs. Sabina Mazo (6-0) (Women's Flyweight)
Alex Perez (21-5) vs. Mark De La Rosa (11-1) (Bantamweight)

Other

- A strawweight bout between Alexa Grasso and Marina Rodriguez was scheduled at UFC Fight Night: Assuncao vs. Moraes 2. However, it was reported on December 17, that Rodriguez pulled out of the event due to a hand injury. The pairing was left intact and rescheduled for this event. In turn, it was reported that Grasso was pulled from the bout due to injury and she was replaced by Jessica Aguilar on March 23.
- A bantamweight bout between former UFC Flyweight Championship challenger Ray Borg and Pingyuan Liu was scheduled to take place at the event. However, it was reported on March 13, that Liu was replaced by newcomer Kyler Phillips for an undisclosed reason. In turn, Phillips was removed from the card on March 25 for undisclosed reasons and replaced by Casey Kenney that same day.

No bet on the first fight but I would have taken Perez before his price blew up or the U2.5. Perezcan win by KO or SUB and Rosas main path is prob SUB. Can see Perez win a DEC though as well so I passed up the +140. Perez ML was the best play I think

Anik, DC & Dominick, good broadcast team. Also old rules.

De La Rosa is gonna have to show a lot more than he previously has to win this fight.

It's telling that Rosa is not trying to pressure, he knows thats dangerous against Perez

Perez so much faster with his hands. Shitty kick setups tho. Obviously just stronger on the ground too.

Del La Rosa is content to lose a decision if it means he doesn't take huge damage or give up a dominant position and get finished.

If you are beaten up badly and gassed I can understand that. But in a fight like this? Pretty sad not to take some chances.

I hate how Perez is hunching up shoulders, especially with his hands constantly right over his head. Makes zero sense when you're facing an opponent the same height as you. Luckily, he is a better wrestler, and de la Rosa is shockingly poor for a modern UFC-caliber bantamweight off his back.

30-27 across the board. Rd 3 was close until the TD.

Dela Rosa the kind of the guy who raises his hands up after getting 30-27'ed

Dat journeyman mentality from DLR.

"Hey babe, brought 50% of a paycheck in today, should be good enough."

Back